Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (105 Viewers)

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug18d.html
Chiellini injury 'may be less serious' Monday 18 August, 2008

Juventus are trying to stay positive over the injury to defensive star Giorgio Chiellini as teammate Nicola Legrottaglie prepares for his Azzurri chance.

It was a bleak Sunday evening at San Siro for the Old Lady as they were beaten 4-1 by Milan in the Trofeo Berlusconi.

But the greater cause for concern was the loss of key man Chiellini to a serious knee injury after a collision with Alberto Paloschi.

There have been suggestions that there may be ligament damage and a spell of three to six months on the sidelines awaits, but the Bianconeri’s club doctor is playing down such reports.

“Chiellini could just have a sprain on his left knee and we will do the necessary tests on Monday afternoon,” Riccardo Agricola insisted.

“It may not be anything too serious. We will see what the extent of the damage is and he may be out for around 40 days.”

While the injury is a huge blow to Juve, it may carry a silver lining for one of Chiellini’s colleagues.

Experienced centre-back Legrottaglie has enjoyed a renaissance over the last year and narrowly missed out on a place in Marcello Lippi’s squad to face Austria on Wednesday.

Now, the former Chievo man is set to be drafted in to replace Chiellini and could receive his long-awaited eighth cap for his country.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Chiellini’s cruciate relief
Monday 18 August, 2008
Juventus can breathe a sigh of relief as tests have revealed that Giorgio Chiellini hasn’t damaged his cruciate ligament.

The Azzurri defender was injured in a collision with Milan’s Alberto Paloschi during last night’s Trofeo Berlusconi.

There had been fears that Chiellini could be out for between three and six months with a torn cruciate ligament in his knee.

However, Juventus’ medical team have investigated and have ruled out cruciate ligament damage.

Chiellini could be back in action by the end of September and has expressed his relief.

“I have had a great weight lifted off my shoulders,” he said. “During the pain yesterday I was scared that my season could be over.

“I was most worried that the cruciate was involved. Now I will train on my own for a month, but I am happy because I won’t miss many games before I am back at the end of September.”

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Chiellini’s cruciate relief
Monday 18 August, 2008
Juventus can breathe a sigh of relief as tests have revealed that Giorgio Chiellini hasn’t damaged his cruciate ligament.

The Azzurri defender was injured in a collision with Milan’s Alberto Paloschi during last night’s Trofeo Berlusconi.

There had been fears that Chiellini could be out for between three and six months with a torn cruciate ligament in his knee.

However, Juventus’ medical team have investigated and have ruled out cruciate ligament damage.

Chiellini could be back in action by the end of September and has expressed his relief.

“I have had a great weight lifted off my shoulders,” he said. “During the pain yesterday I was scared that my season could be over.

“I was most worried that the cruciate was involved. Now I will train on my own for a month, but I am happy because I won’t miss many games before I am back at the end of September.”
Then Chiellini is a crybaby :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)