Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (42 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah. Chiellini is a Macho man.

Very few CBs can play beautiful defensivley. but the way big nose plays his football is just a joy to behold.

Forza Giogio

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chiellini denies Zlatan grudge

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini insists that he has no grudge against Zlatan Ibrahimovic, despite tension between the two during Sunday’s Derby d’Italia.

The Bianconeri stopper was locked in a heated battle with his former teammate in a fiery encounter at the Stadio Olimpico.

However, the 23-year-old has denied that he has any personal problem with the giant Swede off the pitch.

“It’s not true that I don’t like Ibrahimovic,” he told Sky Sports Italia.

“Playing in a game just puts you in situations that are different from normal life, but five minutes after the game I was back to being calm.

“I didn’t bump into Zlatan after the game, but if I had I would have had no problem with shaking his hand.

“For 90 minutes we are clearly enemies and as he was their main threat I had to do anything to stop him.

“We are two players who use our physical power, but there was never any intentional niggle.”

Zlatan received a cold welcome from the Juve fans, who resent his decision to quit the club for their bitter rivals after the Calciopoli scandal.

“It wasn’t a problem that he left the club as we expected it,” Chiellini claimed.

“The situation of two years ago was difficult for everyone and each player had to make his own choice.”

channel 4

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What a transition has this playa made! From a promising left back to already a class act centre back, irreplacable in Juventus defense. And all that in just 1 year. He WILL be a world class champion and a starter in his national team.

He is way more promising than Barzagli was in his age and has all the tools to overpass him. Infact, maybe he already did.

This would have maybe never happened if we were not to be relegated. Surely this is one positive thing about it. :smoke:

And to think we considered selling him to Man. City in order to make room for Gabriel Heinze. :rolleyes:

Forza Giorgio!

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
There seemed to be alot of trash-talking ..haha :rofl:
See report that Chiellini is taunting ibra ... dun know how true is it ...

Chiellini is hard & aggressive (remind me of Montero) based on the match.

Think no one need to remind Ranieri on who he should build the defense around now... Chellini

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chiellini: Tackle On Zlatan Was Crucial

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has admitted that his goal-saving tackle on Zlatan Ibrahimovic was a crucial moment during the 1-1 draw with Inter on Sunday.

Inter were leading 1-0 at the Stadio Olimpico when Ibrahimovic was put clean through against Gianluigi Buffon just before half-time

Just as the Swede was about to pull the trigger, Chiellini rushed back and performed a magnificent tackle to deflect the ball out for a corner.

The manoeuvre turned out to be priceless as Juve substitute Mauro Camoranesi came off the bench to score a second-half equaliser and earn the home side a 1-1 draw.

“I watched the move on TV again and it was on the cusp of being offside,” said Chiellini.

“However Ibra just delayed a little and I managed to get back and nick the ball before he could shoot.

“It was a decisive moment as if I had mistimed it even slightly it would have been a penalty and a red card.”

Chiellini was a colossus throughout the match and clearly won his personal, and at time fiery, contest with Ibrahimovic hands down.

goal.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I had made the suggestion for his transformation to CB when he first arrived at Juve, I'm glad its turned out very well.

Keep this up and he might just be Italy's figure in defence, he's playing with Buffon already.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Chiellini wants Juve extension Wednesday 7 November, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giorgio Chiellini is Juventus’ surprise star of the season and expects to celebrate his return to the fold with a contract extension.

The Tuscan stopper’s days in Turin seemed to be numbered in the summer as he neared a switch to Manchester City after falling out with boss Claudio Ranieri.

However, Chiellini opted to stay and has been a rock at the back for the high-flying Old Lady this term.

“I feel really important now playing in the centre,” he told Sky Sports Italia.

“The club told me before the Inter game that there will be meetings about a contract renewal.

“Nothing has happened yet, but I think we’ll meet soon and I don’t see any problems. Since I nearly left everything has changed so much.”

Chiellini starred in last weekend’s Derby d’Italia as the Cadetti champions contained the threat of ex-Juventino Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“It was a great satisfaction to have stopped Zlatan and have played well,” he beamed.

“When we walked on to the pitch he hardly greeted us and we were enemies rather than friends out there.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Channel 4

I'm glad that he has changed his mind and he's willing to stay with us. Now Secco better won't offer him a too little wage. He deserves every cent atm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)