Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (111 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I always thought that sooner or later Chiellini would be converted to a CB, I mean his posture just fits in better.

I think we can successfully convert Chiellini, atleast give it a try in serie B.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
- vOnAm - said:
I always thought that sooner or later Chiellini would be converted to a CB, I mean his posture just fits in better.

I think we can successfully convert Chiellini, atleast give it a try in serie B.
:agree: He´d be a better centre-back...

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
- vOnAm - said:

:agree: I think he could do well in that position. It's a position where you need to be able to read the game well, like Baresi or Canna & I think he can do that better than say Boum, Balza, or Zebina.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Don Bes said:
what about this player named "boum" never heard of him
I've seen him. He seems to play a solid 80 minutes a match. The problem seems to be that other 10 minutes of the match where he goes out for a beer at the pub across the street.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Q & A: Giorgio Chiellini
Hi Giorgio. Let’s start with an easy one. What’s your favourite genre of music?
I’d have to say commercial.

And your favourite food?
Pizza every time!

What’s been the most memorable game of your career so far?
Definitely the qualifier I played with the national team against Scotland in Milan. If I had to choose one with Juve, I’d say the game with Inter last year, again in Milan.

What first springs to mind when you think about the national team?
First and foremost the World Cup we won this summer, I was actually there in Berlin! And then my own aims for the future. I’ve already won five international caps and it’s my dream to wear that shirt again.

What do you make of Turin?
I really like it here. For someone who’s always lived in Tuscany it’s quite a way from home and I’ve certainly felt the change in climate. Having said that, it’s a great city for a young man and life is good here.

Did you ever think you’d become a professional football when you were younger? Has your family supported you throughout your career?
I didn’t think I would, I dreamed I would, just like any kid. My family have always been very laid back and then I was lucky enough to play for Livorno until I was nineteen, so I grew up at home without having to change environment at a young age. That helped me out a lot.

Did you have any childhood heroes?
Definitely Paolo Maldini

What do you get up to in your free time?
I study. I’m enrolled in the Economics and Commerce faculty and I’ve taken three exams, even if I don’t get the chance to attend any lessons. I also like to mess around on the computer, take the occasional walk… basically what every guy does at my age.

And are there any dreams you’re yet to fulfil?
It would have to be what my friends managed to do this summer. Lifting that cup is everyone’s dream.

juventus.com:smoke:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
The Juventus defender believes that the Nerazzurri did not have too many rivals to oppose them this season in their march towards the Scudetto.
Inter Are Strong Thanks To Us, Says Chiellini
Giorgio Chiellini has no doubts that Inter are only strong due to some former Juventus players who left the Bianconeri following the Calciopoli scandal.
"They have a very strong team, but their quality improved thanks to us by selling them Vieira and Ibrahimovic. Maybe in the past seasons we had more opponents, but this year they really did not have any rivals."
Chiellini then spoke about the Bianconeri's priorities.
"Our priority is that of returning back to Serie A and we are convinced that we can be competitive already from next year."
The young full-back is looking forward to many years with the black and white shirt.
"I just signed a renewal with Juve for another 5 years and for me it's an honour to wear this shirt. Playing for Juventus with certain champions is a dream come true and also a goal."

Goal.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
The Juventus defender believes that the Nerazzurri did not have too many rivals to oppose them this season in their march towards the Scudetto.
Inter Are Strong Thanks To Us, Says Chiellini
Giorgio Chiellini has no doubts that Inter are only strong due to some former Juventus players who left the Bianconeri following the Calciopoli scandal.
"They have a very strong team, but their quality improved thanks to us by selling them Vieira and Ibrahimovic. Maybe in the past seasons we had more opponents, but this year they really did not have any rivals."
Chiellini then spoke about the Bianconeri's priorities.
"Our priority is that of returning back to Serie A and we are convinced that we can be competitive already from next year."
The young full-back is looking forward to many years with the black and white shirt.
"I just signed a renewal with Juve for another 5 years and for me it's an honour to wear this shirt. Playing for Juventus with certain champions is a dream come true and also a goal."

Goal.com
Forza Giorgio! :thumbs:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I really like this guy both as a player and what I hear of him as a person. He certainly says the right things.

Giorgio:toast:

OP
Cuti

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #96
    What a thrill at Wembley

Few seconds have been enough for Giorgio Chiellini, to become part of the Italian football history. The defender of Juventus is the first Italian player to wear the captain harmband at the new Wembley stadium, reopened after seven years of working.

Chiellini as the representative of an Under 21 which really made an impression. Against the English boys of the same age, a spectacular 3-3 came out. Raffaele Palladino was absent because of an injury and Pazzini, the scorer of an incredible hat-trick, played the role of the protagonist. For Giorgio, a demonstration of courage and substance. Hit at the head during the first half, and forced to play with an impressive bandage, he remained on the pitch for more than an hour, before giving his place to Mimmo Criscito, his future team mate at Juventus. A good performance even for Nocerino, a talent grown in the Bianconeri's breeding ground, and now playing for Piacenza.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I don think its serious at all, its probably a cut to the head.

We had two italians yesterday bleeding, one was to the nose while CHiellini's incident I missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)