Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (22 Viewers)

Mar 24, 2006
mark83 said:
He will get the chance dont worry we are not overfllowed with quality full-backs.

So far he has shown some of his qualities.

I believe in him.

And BTW I dont like Balza.

u hate balza ? :mute: why ? because he's handsome ? :shifty:

Giacomo

Aug 24, 2006
Very good player. The future of Juve and Azzuri.
Forza Giorgio!!!

Chelsea offered 12 millions on the last transfer day. He refused and stayed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I like Balza. I think he has talent and he plays with immense heart.

But Chiellini really put in his best defensive match in Juve stripes over the weekend. Well done...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I don't think Balzaretti will improve much over the next years. He's a useful player, but no more than that. While I beleive Chiellini has the potential to grow into one of the best in his position.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
there is a huge difference between balza and chiellini.
chiellini has a better defensive game, going forward he doesnt have much to offer.This year hes just begining to show some potential offensively.

balza is much better going forward,can use both feet and has a much better dribble.I still think he could be a very good player.But he will need to work on his defensive game.

DD has two players with lots of potential, lets see wat happens with them.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Dominic said:
I don't think Balzaretti will improve much over the next years. He's a useful player, but no more than that. While I beleive Chiellini has the potential to grow into one of the best in his position.
Agree.:agree:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We had an excellent potential for Left fullback position - Emiliano Moretti.

What happened to him?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
sateeh said:
there is a huge difference between balza and chiellini.
chiellini has a better defensive game, going forward he doesnt have much to offer.This year hes just begining to show some potential offensively.

balza is much better going forward,can use both feet and has a much better dribble.I still think he could be a very good player.But he will need to work on his defensive game.

DD has two players with lots of potential, lets see wat happens with them.
But Balzaretti is already 25/26 years old, while Chiellini is only 21/22. Having said that Zambrotta was a relative late bloomer as well, so maybe that could be the case for Balzaretti also. I do not entirely agree about Chiellini's offensive game, two seasons ago for Fiorentina he had countless of assists(he also scored a great goal) and last season a few as well. He's made an assist this season as well. Chiellini can be very hard to shake of the ball, when he runs/dribbles forward. It just looks a little clumsy as he's a big fellow.

mark83 said:
We had an excellent potential for Left fullback position - Emiliano Moretti.

What happened to him?
He's the starting leftback for Valecnia. He's doing quite well. He's nothing that special, but a solid and balanced fullback as far as I know.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Dominic said:
But Balzaretti is already 25/26 years old, while Chiellini is only 21/22. Having said that Zambrotta was a relative late bloomer as well, so maybe that could be the case for Balzaretti also. I do not entirely agree about Chiellini's offensive game, two seasons ago for Fiorentina he had countless of assists(he also scored a great goal) and last season a few as well. He's made an assist this season as well. Chiellini can be very hard to shake of the ball, when he runs/dribbles forward. It just looks a little clumsy as he's a big fellow.

He's the starting leftback for Valecnia. He's doing quite well. He's nothing that special, but a solid and balanced fullback as far as I know.
I thought balza was 24...Anyway abt chiellini, i dont remember any assists last season.Actually he was constantly getting bagged here for his below par crosses.
But this season his crosses have improved a lot.

Abt Moretti, i think Chiellini is a bit similar to Moretti.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Well, after all, defensive qualities are more important for a full-back than his attacking qualities.

Full-back is a defensive player, the attacking qualities which are important is that he is fast and that ke knows how to cross a ball.

I dont mind that he looks clumsy, or hasnt great ball skills like technique or dribbling, creativity,...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Chiellini extends Juve contract
Thursday 12 October, 2006

Giorgio Chiellini has extended his Juventus contract until 2011, and he is confident the Old Lady will be back in the Champions League before then.

“I’ve renewed my contract until 2011, one of the longest deals of any player here, and I’m going to work even harder to show I deserve it,” said Chiellini

“I want to play Champions League football again with Juve – we all do.”

The U-21 international was one of the scorers in the midweek win over Spain, which allowed Pierluigi Casiraghi’s squad to qualify for next summer’s European Championship Finals.

“I was pleased with my performance, I scored a great goal and it came at just the right time.

“We knew it wasn’t going to be an easy game, but we played well and secured the qualification for the European Championship. I

“It’s been a positive couple of days for Juve,” continued Chiellini, referring to the fact that Mauro Camoranesi and David Trezeguet were also on the scoresheet for their respective national teams.

“We’re convinced we’re just passing through Serie B. Now we need to pick up from where we left off before the break – we have a few days to prepare for the next match at Treviso.

“We have deserved all our victories so far and we need to show continuity,” said the defender.

“As to the arbitration verdict, I think it would be fair for them to reduce our sentence.

“The penalty we were given was overly severe and I would like them to recognise that.

“In the event that doesn’t happen, our objectives won’t change and we will still be looking to win the championship no matter what.

“I don’t have much to say about the latest interception scandal involving Inter, they were the ones who said that the Scudetto they were assigned represented honesty.

“I find that absurd – it would have been better to not assign it at all,” concluded Chiellini.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct12k.html

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Jem83 said:
Chiellini extends Juve contract
Thursday 12 October, 2006

Giorgio Chiellini has extended his Juventus contract until 2011, and he is confident the Old Lady will be back in the Champions League before then.

“I’ve renewed my contract until 2011, one of the longest deals of any player here, and I’m going to work even harder to show I deserve it,” said Chiellini

“I want to play Champions League football again with Juve – we all do.”

The U-21 international was one of the scorers in the midweek win over Spain, which allowed Pierluigi Casiraghi’s squad to qualify for next summer’s European Championship Finals.

“I was pleased with my performance, I scored a great goal and it came at just the right time.

“We knew it wasn’t going to be an easy game, but we played well and secured the qualification for the European Championship. I

“It’s been a positive couple of days for Juve,” continued Chiellini, referring to the fact that Mauro Camoranesi and David Trezeguet were also on the scoresheet for their respective national teams.

“We’re convinced we’re just passing through Serie B. Now we need to pick up from where we left off before the break – we have a few days to prepare for the next match at Treviso.

“We have deserved all our victories so far and we need to show continuity,” said the defender.

“As to the arbitration verdict, I think it would be fair for them to reduce our sentence.

“The penalty we were given was overly severe and I would like them to recognise that.

“In the event that doesn’t happen, our objectives won’t change and we will still be looking to win the championship no matter what.

I don’t have much to say about the latest interception scandal involving Inter, they were the ones who said that the Scudetto they were assigned represented honesty.

“I find that absurd – it would have been better to not assign it at all
,” concluded Chiellini.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct12k.html
Forza Giorgio - Well said, esp the bit about inter. :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)