Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (68 Viewers)

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
I love this man on another level, always on 110%, never complained never bitched and moaned always sacrificed.
His antics, temperment and politics vs opponents which almost exclusively ended with him having the upper hand, the joy of watching him sacrifice himself get bloodied, take all the knocks/shots, never once stayed down more than a few, never hung his head, never saw a weak moment in him, a rare animal.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The insta messages are beautiful to read and only go to show what a fantastic person Giorgio is.

I feel very lucky to have watched almost every Chiellini game ever played. One of the few players I could say that about. What a fantastic defender he was, so committed, always a step ahead. The kind of player that you want on your team when the chips are down, the player you need to keep the fort safe when the battle is at its most intense. This guy loved every second of his career and led by example. We’ll miss this man more than we can realise. In my lifetime 3 players have epitomised Juve: Del Piero, Buffon, Chiellini.

A legend. We love you Giorgio

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
never stepped up in CL. even lesser defenders like boateng, sule, mascherano, stepped up more than him in cl.

cl is where you are judged if you a legend or not of club vs just a good player of club
Chiellini could have at any point walked away from here and won 2 CLs easily those 3 stooges are not in the same league of defender and that's not how you judge a player so put the crack pipe down and step away from it it's bad for you.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
and not getting injured every 3 games. and scoring in big games
Tbh Ramos has been getting injured at the same sort of age Chiellini started to - mid 30s, which is to be expected. Ramos has missed 65 games in the past two seasons. Chiellini has had more steady smaller, niggly injuries over his career though.

Scoring from set pieces is for a defender something of a complete novelty and niche to do it regularly as Ramos has, he's a complete exception. And he takes penalties, so it's pointless comparing a scoring defender to a defensive defender, might as well compare Chiellini to Hakimi for assists.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
One would think that this type of bs debates are the type that would take place on somewhere like twitter, facebook or other rival football related forums, but hei, here we are on a Juventus fans forum seeing the very same fans repeteadly denigrating the legendary status and downplaying the legendary career of an club legend and fan favorite such as Chiellini, all this while also at the same time praising the likes of Ramos, Boateng or Pique in comparison… almost surprising maybe to some but surely nothing out of the ordinary for those that have been here long enough.

Pages over pages of the exact same debates and bs narratives that were debunked endless times through solid examples and arguments in this very same thread, tho yet here we are again, without any common sense still. :tup:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Oh God, that's it he's the last one. My first year in bianconero was the Del Neri year and Giorgione is the last one to leave (Bonucci doesn't count, he already left).

Class, heart, grinta, personality, leadership, intelligence, loyalty. Chiellini has it all. Just the perfect embodiment of the archetype of the Italian CB.

I'd love to see him stay with the club. Honestly with his economics background I'd love to see him be our Director of Sport one day. Few would be a better ambassador for the club going round the world to negotiate transfers.

Also: a golden moment in his career you'll not see on too many nostalgic articles or videos was when he committed the single most blatant handball in football history against Monaco in 2015. After he somehow stayed on the pitch after that, the memes were flying all over the internet, and then Giorgio went ahead and uploaded his favourites to his own Facebook Page. Anybody else remember that? He's taken them down by now it seems. Great sense of humour

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Couldn’t care less about tiers right now. I lived through the 80s and a golden generation of great defenders, but I’ll never love a defender more than Giorgio and I’m grateful to have been able to watch him play as many times as I have.

Will forever remember him the sight of him wiping someone out and then smiling at them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)