Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (38 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
A fit Barzagli, Vidal and Chiellini is what we rely on above all else

If we only used 2 CBs it would probably leave us better equiped as opposed to having to field Bonucci AND Caceres AND Ogbonna at the same time

The defending in the 2nd half, particularly when Chiellini went off reminded me of AC Milan

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Ogbonna's chance to prove himself. We need to be able to rely on our back ups especially for defence. Conte needs to proof from these guys, hopefully then he'll start rotating more.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i love chiellini, alway have but hes no top defender, not anymore. So yes we should look for someone else to pair up with barzagli. All this has shown is that caceres cant play CB and ogbonna needs a lot more experience in big nights before he can be trusted.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think so. I think it's due to his physical deterioration more than anything else. He's playing hurt half the time and when he finally peaks he gets a new injury. I think we're going to see glimpses of his topform scattered throughout his career here, but I don't think we're going to see a consistent top season from him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
and thats the worry, the only realy solid CB we got is barzagli and hes getting up there in age, angelo doesnt strike me as a would be dominant WC defender, i think thats one of the reason why we so heavily invested in cb over the winter break. Id still want us to get an established name in the summer though.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
and thats the worry, the only realy solid CB we got is barzagli and hes getting up there in age, angelo doesnt strike me as a would be dominant WC defender, i think thats one of the reason why we so heavily invested in cb over the winter break. Id still want us to get an established name in the summer though.
I have alot of faith in Angelo. But none of the can really be confirmed nor debunked before Conte takes a leap of faith and actually gives him a string of both important and "expected victory" matches.

What we should be doing is planting the seeds for a Barzagli replacement - I dare not think of what we will look like if he suddenly spirals out of form. Caceres - despite the incredible amount of love that I have for the guy - just doesn't cut it. The way he threw away the Madrid victory is evidence of that. Barzagli would've just slotted that ball over the sideline and recovered his position, instead of trying to force a backpass through the Madrid pressure.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I have alot of faith in Angelo. But none of the can really be confirmed nor debunked before Conte takes a leap of faith and actually gives him a string of both important and "expected victory" matches.

What we should be doing is planting the seeds for a Barzagli replacement - I dare not think of what we will look like if he suddenly spirals out of form. Caceres - despite the incredible amount of love that I have for the guy - just doesn't cut it. The way he threw away the Madrid victory is evidence of that. Barzagli would've just slotted that ball over the sideline and recovered his position, instead of trying to force a backpass through the Madrid pressure.
Ogbonna - Barzagli is the partnership i'd like to see if we ever move away from the 3man defense. They would work fine until Barzagli still can keep up at top level. But his age, even if it is not now, could become a problem in the near future. Thats why we need a good CB very soon. From our current CBs Bonucci will always be a solid backup (for the 2 CBs system), Caceres is good but not a starter calibre player and especially not at CB in any system so hes good at the RB being backup. Chiellini is/was great but its hard to predict what to expect from him in the future. If he can stay out of injuries for a season hes our best defender. Even he needs to play constantly to keep his form. At this rate i would put him at LB to rotate with (hopefuly) our new signing there in a back four and backup CB in a back 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)