Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (53 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
for one chiello wouldnt bring us enough money IMO, secondly we are already in a phase of rebuilding, our team isnt established like man u's was or ours was when we sold zidane, we would be selling a strong point to gain a weaker point, and with few strongpoints in our team it would be pointless.

if we could get 99ml for chiellini it would make sense but we wont.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I thought we were talking hypothetically.

And we would have to sell Chiellini for a massive sum to be able to better the team. How many world class defenders are there that can replace Chiellini without the team feeling the effects?

And how many aren't already at teams in better positions than Juve i.e. why would they leave to come here?

How much would they cost (if Bonucci is 15M)?

And would the remainder of the sum earned from Chiellini's sale be able to buy anyone worthy of justifying the sale in the first place i.e. a player in another position of the team?

Dec 10, 2006
No way, for several reasons-listed below- I totally disagree with selling this guy...

for one chiello wouldnt bring us enough money IMO, secondly we are already in a phase of rebuilding, our team isnt established like man u's was or ours was when we sold zidane, we would be selling a strong point to gain a weaker point, and with few strongpoints in our team it would be pointless.

and the problem is that if we sell Chiello, who will replace him then?! We just keep on losing our brilliant players, and replacing 'em with mediocre ones. Giorgio is one of our key players, he's not only fantastic in defending[reminding everyone "The WALL"] but also is our only defender running back rapidly, preventing opponent teams from enjoying counter attacks...

I'm completely sure that selling him could be one of our biggest mistake ever...

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007

:tup:

I stopped bothering explaining why we shouldn't sell Chiellini, but you pretty much summed it up.

Apr 17, 2009
At this point we'd probably only get 30m max. And that's if were dealing with a Real Madrid or Man City.

For 30m we couldn't drastically improve the team. We could probably drop 20m+ on a top class CB to fill his place but then we won't be left with anything else to really improve the team.

He's one of our best and most consistant players. Marotta would be a fool to sell him right now. Our defence was in shambles last year and selling your best defender doesn't make that any better.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I can't believe people are even considering selling Giorgio.

Our one good player we have in defence, one of only a few players to have pass marks last season, a player who gives everything and knows what it means to play for Juve.

Unbelievable.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Congrats to Dr. Giorgio, he obtained his PhD recently.

:hellyes: :scarf:

Congratulations Dr. Chiellini !
Sample the field, even in sample studies. Since yesterday , Giorgio Chiellini may use the title Doctor. The Juventus defender has completed the course graduated in Economics from the University of Turin.

Waiting for Monday returns to work with other veterans from World John go to the biggest congratulations of the entire Juventus and its fans.

Juventus.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)