Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (63 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Smarter midfield? :lol:

With the possibility of both Gio and Diego leaving, and guys like Pepe and Martinez being brought in, not to mention the incompetency of both Melo (mental) and Sissoko (passing ability), I think we will have to wait a long long time for a "smarter midfield."

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Interview.

Didn't think of leaving Juventus, and remains calm about a receiving a new contract.
He is very attached to the club and city.
He has grown as a player at Juventus.
He thinks he will stay at Juventus for many years given the choice, but that depends on whether Juventus need to sell him or not (I think it's similar to what Buffon keeps saying, if they need the money).
Knows the gap between Inter and Juventus is still significant.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Giorgio:

It will be a year of sacrifice. We must start from zero and reconstruct the base but this is normal after what happened last year. A managerial cycle has ended, some players have changed. There is much renewal going on and it is normal that time is needed. Three years ago, we would have hoped to be on a different level. Last year, we thought we could do well and win something but we know how things went. Now we must examine our conscience, understand where we went wrong and work in order to improve … the supporters must understand it will be a year of reconstruction. “The fact that we are not taking part in it [Champions League] this season really bothers us. We must rebuild the group and the team and this will happen only one match at a time and one training session after another. We are learning what the coach wants but we still have a long way to go and he was the first to tell us in a more direct manner.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Smarter midfield? :lol:

With the possibility of both Gio and Diego leaving, and guys like Pepe and Martinez being brought in, not to mention the incompetency of both Melo (mental) and Sissoko (passing ability), I think we will have to wait a long long time for a "smarter midfield."
I think Claudio is also Smart along with Diego&Seba,but what ppl have not noticed yet,is that we already have a lad who (IMO) is going to be one of the most smartest midfielders of his generation with his cool attitude,the charachter of a wise man,his vision as well as his composure during the different stages of the game(unlike Melo who always turns into a rough Bull whenever the team r behind)despite his young age.The lad is ALBIN EKDAL.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Chiellini happy to stay at Juve
Tuesday 27 July, 2010
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juventus' talismanic defender Giorgio Chiellini insists he is happy to stay at the club amid interest from abroad.

The Italy international has been linked with both Manchester clubs and Real Madrid in recent weeks.

However, despite being no closer to getting a new contract, Chiellini intends to remain in Turin.

“I am happy to stay and help the team become great again,” he said. “I never felt for sale.”

The 25-year-old then turned his attention to this week's Champions League qualifying match against Irish side Shamrock.

“Our minimum objective is to qualify for the Champions League.

“There are promises to get back to being competitive. But let's leave Inter be because we are still not on their level and we must think about ourselves.

“This is year zero of a long project. The fans must also understand that. A cycle is over both for players and directors and now we are starting again,” he concluded.

Football Italia
------------------------------------------

The iron man :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)