Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (84 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Cam, I think Salvo understood what you meant. Still, it was a pretty fucking dumb suggestion you made and I am sure that is what Sal and Kyle are thinking.

Jul 21, 2006
Does anyone ever look back and remember how it felt when we sold Zidane? I'm sure people were screaming their heads off until they realized who we brought in return from his sale.

Maybe...Chiellini would be a similar instance? (Not saying he would bring as much cash)

I remember I wasn't too worried because at that time the transfer was handled by Mr. Moggi. Although Zidane was one of my all time favorite, I was confident that Moggi can make good use of the funds from the selling.

And the Juve at that time had a very good squad apart form ZZ with players like Davids, DP, Inzaghi, Conte. The Juve today is far from that and we can't risk losing any of our key players until we can build a complete squad.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
selling a key player only works if you have a complete squad and a really good one at that, selling what are now our few strong points is just plain silly.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
So when Man U sold their key players in the past (eg Stam, Beckham, RVN, C Ronaldo) that made them mid table mediocrity?

Gotta love Juventuz. Kneejerk reaction paradise.
Fucking rubbish. What proof is there of that?
Read this bellow twice if you have to Bianconero......

selling a key player only works if you have a complete squad and a really good one at that, selling what are now our few strong points is just plain silly.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
So when Man U sold their key players in the past (eg Stam, Beckham, RVN, C Ronaldo) that made them mid table mediocrity?

Gotta love Juventuz. Kneejerk reaction paradise.
The difference is that we actually are midtable mediocrity. Selling our best player, especially at such a delicate time will not help. We are a team who just came off a terrible season, making a whole bunch of changes, a lot of new faces and losing some old ones. Chiellini is one of the only experienced leaders and is a world class player. Buying Bonucci for 15M and selling Chiellini does not make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)