Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (40 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
“They write a lot about it, there are many rumours. Interest from big clubs can make you happy but I have no intention of leaving Juve. I feel great here and I hope to stay for a long time and prolong my relationship with the club. I believe that we will do it this summer.”
He really is the man.:touched:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 31, 2008
Giorgio Chiellini plans to stay with Juventus for the long term, hinting that he wants a new deal.

Reports suggested Chiellini has been followed by Real Madrid, but he has wasted no time in changing the views in Turin.

"There are many things being written and spoken about me, and it's nice to be linked with big teams," he told Juventus Channel.

"But I have no intention of leaving Juventus. I am fine here and I hope to stay for a long time and to extend my relationship with the club.

"I think this will happen in the summer."

Going forwards, Chiellini knows he will have to adapt to Alberto Zaccheroni's new tactical framework.

"I knew Zaccheroni was a well prepared coach, but changing coach is not enough to get out of this crisis.

"We need to work hard and, with the support of the coach and his new solutions, we can," he added.

"I have always played with a back three since I was at Livorno, and so I am sure we can change with no problems."

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
What he said about Gio :touched:

GIOVINCO - Giorgio è un estimatore del talento tascabile bianconero. «Giovinco secondo me quando è stato bene e ha giocato ha fatto molto bene, il periodo che giocavamo con le tre mezze punte, poi ha avuto dei problemi fisici e ora è tornato a disposizione. Secondo me può darci una grossa mano».

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What he said about Gio :touched:

GIOVINCO - Giorgio è un estimatore del talento tascabile bianconero. «Giovinco secondo me quando è stato bene e ha giocato ha fatto molto bene, il periodo che giocavamo con le tre mezze punte, poi ha avuto dei problemi fisici e ora è tornato a disposizione. Secondo me può darci una grossa mano».
What does it mean?

Bianconero90

What does it mean?
What I understand is that Chiellini says about Giovinco that he did very well when he was well (not injured), when we played with the 4-2-3-1 formation! But then he hab some physical problems and now he's back. Chiellini also thinks that Giovinco can give us a big hand..

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
That's belittling the achievements of a great many Juve players.
And how's that? He stayed when we fell to Serie B and he has been producing the best performances for the last 3-4 years in the Bianconerie shirt while also performing on the international stage with the same level. Not to forget him giving 100% in every game and being one of only few players this season who wasn't effected with the under-performance of the whole team.

He's a legend and that doesn't take anything away from the other Juve legends

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Del Piero is the only current Juve player who is a Juve legend.

Buffon and Trezeguet are close to being legends, but aren't quite there yet, in my opinion.

To be a Juve legend you have to play for the club for a long time and be successful.

Just playing in Serie B and performing well for a year or two isn't nearly enough.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Del Piero is the only current Juve player who is a Juve legend.

Buffon and Trezeguet are close to being legends, but aren't quite there yet, in my opinion.

To be a Juve legend you have to play for the club for a long time and be successful.

Just playing in Serie B and performing well for a year or two isn't nearly enough.
Wow... can't say I agree with your opinion about Trez and Gigi.

And of course you know the following Red, and don't need to read this, but I'm going to be annoying and defend these guys anyway...

Trez is in his 10th year for Juve, he's won 4 scudetti (all of those scudetti were won on the pitch - even my friends who hate Calcio and Juventus admit/admire the quality of the players that were robbed), he's the all time leader in goals scored by a foreign player, and he helped us bounce back from the famous demotion.

Buffon has the same 4 scudetti, and the loyalty factor as well, and he has consistently been one of the best goalkeepers in the world for all of his nearly 9 year stint at the club.

They've performed very well basically every year with us - they've been protagonists, and downright prolific when healthy - and they're both effectively working on a decade with the team. In professional sports - especially these days - staying with the same team for a decade is a very long time. Also, anytime you've won nearly half of the league championships during that time, you've done pretty freaking well.

It's clear that given the magnitude of this club, and its many past successes, these guys don't exactly have the same number of titles as some other players - especially on the European stage - but the calciopoli debacle has had a significant impact on Juventus' ability to compete for championships.

The circumstances which have impacted these past 4 years are unprecedented in the history of the club, and that must surely be acknowledged. I for one don't hold the players responsible for our demotion, or the incompetence of our current management.

In my opinion - and I would venture to say the opinion of most fans - these players are Juventus legends. I actually think it's a pretty easy call, but I'll readily admit some bias; I love these guys.

Pavel is also a legend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)