Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (13 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Eto'o wastes chances? :shocked:

We have someone that fits that bill as well and I sure as hell would be 10 times more scared to face Eto'o than Amauri.

Their defenders feel a hell of a lot better to face a statue than ours do of facing any one of those 3. All 3 of them scores goals....

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Eto'o wastes chances? :shocked:

We have someone that fits that bill as well and I sure as hell would be 10 times more scared to face Eto'o than Amauri.

Their defenders feel a hell of a lot better to face a statue than ours do of facing any one of those 3. All 3 of them scores goals....
Don't compare Eto'o with Amauri. Amauri is not even a football player these days, he's a -1 to the team not even a zero.

I think Milito + Pandev with Sneijder behind them and 3 holding midfielders would be more scary than Eto'o added with less midfielders.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Don't compare Eto'o with Amauri. Amauri is not even a football player these days, he's a -1 to the team not even a zero.

I think Milito + Pandev with Sneijder behind them and 3 holding midfielders would be more scary than Eto'o added with less midfielders.
Anyone with Sneijder behind them would be scarey:D

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
Chiellini open to three-man defence

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is open to Alberto Zaccheroni's idea of playing with a three-man defence.

Zaccheroni has been working on implementing a 3-4-1-2 formation with Chiellini in front of Gigi Buffon along with Nicola Legrottaglie and Fabio Cannavaro.

It remains to be seen whether the system is unveiled against Livorno on Saturday, but Chiellini is confident it can work.

Speaking to the Juventus Channel, Chiellini said: “I already knew that he was a very prepared Coach. Giannichedda told me about him from his time in Udine and Roma.

“A change of Coach is not enough for us to get out of this crisis, but with a bit of work and support from everyone Zaccheroni will make us understand the movements that he wants, the alternative solutions like the three-man defence which is an idea to exploit, even during the middle of a game.

“I always played with three at the back until I was 20. When I came on the scene with Mazzarri's Livorno I played calmly with a three-man defence, but at these levels three or four makes little difference for us. We know how to change without problems.”

Chiellini then expressed his disappointment that Juventus fired Ciro Ferrara.

“For many of us, Ciro wasn't just a Coach but also a team-mate. He cared for us on a personal level. I am sorry because it was the failure of all the team, but seeing that the board can't change 20 players the decision was taken to change the Coach.

“I am convinced that Ciro will return to train and have success.”

Finally Chiellini reacted to claims that he is about to renew his contract.

They write a lot about it, there are many rumours. Interest from big clubs can make you happy but I have no intention of leaving Juve. I feel great here and I hope to stay for a long time and prolong my relationship with the club. I believe that we will do it this summer.

http://football-italia.net/feb04l.html
-----------------------------------------

Maaaaan, I love this guy. Hopefully he does get a new contract at the end of the season. He has definitely earned it.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Chiellini open to three-man defence

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is open to Alberto Zaccheroni's idea of playing with a three-man defence.

Zaccheroni has been working on implementing a 3-4-1-2 formation with Chiellini in front of Gigi Buffon along with Nicola Legrottaglie and Fabio Cannavaro.

It remains to be seen whether the system is unveiled against Livorno on Saturday, but Chiellini is confident it can work.

Speaking to the Juventus Channel, Chiellini said: “I already knew that he was a very prepared Coach. Giannichedda told me about him from his time in Udine and Roma.

“A change of Coach is not enough for us to get out of this crisis, but with a bit of work and support from everyone Zaccheroni will make us understand the movements that he wants, the alternative solutions like the three-man defence which is an idea to exploit, even during the middle of a game.

“I always played with three at the back until I was 20. When I came on the scene with Mazzarri's Livorno I played calmly with a three-man defence, but at these levels three or four makes little difference for us. We know how to change without problems.”

Chiellini then expressed his disappointment that Juventus fired Ciro Ferrara.

“For many of us, Ciro wasn't just a Coach but also a team-mate. He cared for us on a personal level. I am sorry because it was the failure of all the team, but seeing that the board can't change 20 players the decision was taken to change the Coach.

“I am convinced that Ciro will return to train and have success.”

Finally Chiellini reacted to claims that he is about to renew his contract.

“They write a lot about it, there are many rumours. Interest from big clubs can make you happy but I have no intention of leaving Juve. I feel great here and I hope to stay for a long time and prolong my relationship with the club. I believe that we will do it this summer.”

http://football-italia.net/feb04l.html
-----------------------------------------

Maaaaan, I love this guy. Hopefully he does get a new contract at the end of the season. He has definitely earned it.

That was the main problem with Ferrara

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Three man defence. We might as well try it. We already know that our fullbacks are useless so we've been playing a two man defence anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)