Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (84 Viewers)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Chiellini: 'Sink or swim with Roma'

Tuesday 19 January, 2010
Juventus stars Giorgio Chiellini warns “either we get back on our feet against Roma or we sink without trace.”
The Bianconeri are in crisis after the 1-0 defeat at Chievo sent them plummeting to fifth place in the Serie A standings.

“Saturday evening is a crucial game for us,” admitted defender Chiellini. “Either we get back on our feet or we sink without trace.

“It can be the turning point, but I certainly did not expect at this stage of the season to see Roma in front of us.

“Now is really not the right moment to face the Giallorossi, but the three points are crucial to get past them again.”

On Monday the club confirmed its faith in Coach Ciro Ferrara following a three-hour summit meeting.

“We are going badly and the responsibility is above all that of the players,” confessed Chiellini.

“Nobody is against the Coach, in fact we are all on the same boat and trying to help him.

“Unfortunately we still haven’t found a solution to this negative moment and, even if we have worked very hard, the results have not been positive.”

It is particularly galling for Juventus to challenge Roma in such dire circumstances when their Coach, Claudio Ranieri, was fired two weeks before the end of last season.

“I will be pleased to see Ranieri again and will salute him with great affection.”

boat again
:sergio:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
After Saturday, when Chiellini flattens Toni, should I add Toni to "the list"? It's only for players of considerable reputation and everyday Joes don't get on it. Is Toni worthy of the list?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)