Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (34 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Just to clarify though, I do think he is a great defender, one of the best. Critisism makes a better player than praise but then what of molinaro?:D

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Juventino[RUS];2093006 said:
anyway, he is main player in bundesliga champion team ! i think Lippi will call him on next euro quali games!!
Toni was a bundesliga champion last year, he is a bag of shit for Italy, he is not even W.C and never has been whereas toni at least once was.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Juventino[RUS];2093011 said:
r u kiddin me?????????34 games in starting XI!!!!!
I was asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So no I was not kidding you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry if I don't have time to watch every single league in Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well if you are looking at a list of young central defenders in the national team system to join Chiellini in the full national side it reads like:

Salvatore Bocchetti
Fabiano Santacroce
Domenico Criscito
Andrea Esposito
Andrea Ranocchia
Giuseppe Bellusci
Lorenzo Ariaudo
Alessandro Tuia
Matteo Darmian

You often get one who creeps in from nowhere. Overall could be worse.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Bocchetti or criscito, santacroce + chiellini is a big NO GO, I think that two cavemen will just cost Italy what it is famous for, elegant defending.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bocchetti or criscito, santacroce + chiellini is a big NO GO, I think that two cavemen will just cost Italy what it is famous for, elegant defending.
Once the players mature, they may have learned to be less rash.

Right now, I agree that Santacroce wouldn't be a suitable partner for Chiellini.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Toni was a bundesliga champion last year, he is a bag of shit for Italy, he is not even W.C and never has been whereas toni at least once was.
Toni is a bag of shit? EURO 2008 surely but in WC2006 and Qual in 2007/2008 he was pretty good..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's got significantly stronger in the couple of years he's spent at Genoa.
As he should, it is a glaring weak point in his game. I don't think his height is an issue, he is taller than Cannavaro for example, but his upper body strength and how he uses it need a bit more work. He could be a bit nastier at times as well. I like him, but he halfway between a central defender and a left back in my opinion, he suits the 3 man defence.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
True.

It remains to be seen whether he will develop sufficiently to become a top level CB or LB in a 4-4-2 or if he will only be at his best when played as the left of three CBs.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
As he should, it is a glaring weak point in his game. I don't think his height is an issue, he is taller than Cannavaro for example, but his upper body strength and how he uses it need a bit more work. He could be a bit nastier at times as well. I like him, but he halfway between a central defender and a left back in my opinion, he suits the 3 man defence.
Who knows, maybe italy will play 352 on euro 2012?!

Buffon
Barzagli - Chiellini - Criscito
D'Agostino - De Rossi
Pepe - Montolivo - Quagliarella
Rossi (Gilardino, Palladino, Amauri :p etc. )))))))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)