Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (18 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There is a little clash because Legrottaglie is calmer and plays the ball more which compliments Chiellini with his instinctive and sometimes rash style. Cannavaro can put his foot on the ball but is another who prefers to go to the ball and can jump in a bit.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Anyone noticed that whenever Chiellini plays next to canavarro he tends to be poor !!

When Legro came in in the second half i've felt that both those players are better off playing together.....
Yeah! thats why i think Cacers + Chellini will form the best partnership as Gorgio provides the cover and depth while Caceres provides the deadly tackles.:agree:

As for why Canna + Chellini sucks...i think coz whenever they are together Canna loves to be the brain while when Chellini plays alongside Legro he becomes the brain and that suits him just fine. :tup:

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
He became world top defender on my eyes!!!I rememba him since Livorno 2001, he is arleady our legend, just 24 years old and arleady 106 games for JUVE..I hope he'll end his career in JUVE like Neddy DP Gigi, he'll be our and squadra azzurra 2nd Gaetano Scirea!!!!!!FORZA CHIELLINI AKA "GEORGIAN" :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think to suggest a brute like Chiellini is in any way like Scirea is rather unfair on Scirea who, by all accounts, was an excellent footballer.

A Chiellini - Gentile comparison might be slightly more accurate.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I think to suggest a brute like Chiellini is in any way like Scirea is rather unfair on Scirea who, by all accounts, was an excellent footballer.

A Chiellini - Gentile comparison might be slightly more accurate.
For me, always, best juve defender will be Scirea,and there is no "new scirea", i just mean that Giorgio can be same icon!!!but damn!!!!! he is arleady icon!!!!! like Gaetano......

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Chiellini is the Gentile of the team, he has great worth and deserves his reputation as one of the best young defenders around (he is only 25 later this month).

I would say the last two Italian defenders to get to this level, starter for a team like Juve and Italy, at a similar age were a certain Fabio Cannavaro and Alessandro Nesta, although he has different attributes to both, especially Nesta.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Chiellini doesn't face nearly as much competition for a national team spot as a young Nesta or a young Cannavaro did, though.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Chiellini is the Gentile of the team, he has great worth and deserves his reputation as one of the best young defenders around (he is only 25 later this month).

I would say the last two Italian defenders to get to this level, starter for a team like Juve and Italy, at a similar age were a certain Fabio Cannavaro and Alessandro Nesta, although he has different attributes to both, especially Nesta.
if look in future, on WC 2010 Italy main central def's will be Cannavaro - Chiellini 99.9%, but after WC2010,Euro quali + euro 2012, what do u think, who'll be Chiellini main partner in central defence zone in Squadra Azzurra?!?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juventino[RUS];2092977 said:
if look in future, on WC 2010 Italy main central def's will be Cannavaro - Chiellini 99.9%, but after WC2010,Euro quali + euro 2012, what do u think, who'll be Chiellini main partner in central defence zone in Squadra Azzurra?!?
Bocchetti.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Chiellini doesn't face nearly as much competition for a national team spot as a young Nesta or a young Cannavaro did, though.
Yes , u are right, but don't forget, that Chiellini played previous seasons(2000-2006 before Serie B) on LWB position, and lets talk truelly - he wasnt best choice on that position in National Squad Roster!!And its only because Andrade was injured, and we was without good central defenders in squad, Ranieri put him in central def zone! and whats happen then everybody knows ))))

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That is true, although I think Chiellini has earned both shirts with his performances, notably in big Serie A games and his arrival match for Italy against Spain in Euro 2008.

Nesta and Cannavaro were special defenders in their peak, the biggest problem now is that no-one man marks. Well Giorgio does. He doesn't have their finesse as he is physically different but he isn't a complete lumbering donkey, he did play left back for a long time, even further forward.

Chiellini is the type of defender who will make the odd mistake because of his style, he tackles anything that moves.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juventino[RUS];2092980 said:
Yes , u are right, but don't forget, that Chiellini played earlier seasons on LWB position, and lets talk truelly - he wasnt best choice on that position in National Squad Roster!!And its only because Andrade was injured, and we was without good central defenders in squad, Ranieri put him in central def zone! and whats happen then everybody knows ))))
He would have ended up as a CB sooner or later anyway.

The injuries just sped the process up a bit.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
As much a good defender he has been for Italy he's had his fair share of stinkers too. He's gotta mature still, he is doing so but he goes still goes caveman at unnecassary times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)