Capello is going for sure (10 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

There are no two ways about it, Lippi is as stubborn a coach as they come, but that doesnt take away from the hordes of attributes he has brought to the Juve mentality. I think you need to broaden your perspective than harp on that oneseason, really. Even in the second stint for those three years, he did as much as a coach could possibly do. And besides, why would he want to change his style coming off those two relatively successful trophy winning seasons? I dont see why the season is made out to be a disaster? We finished 3rd, reached the finals of the coppa and made it past the group phase in the CL. All that after those two trophy laden seasons. I dont think any team in football can go about doing a job as consistently as Lippi's Juve has done on all fronts. Really, i think you're just being a little overcritical of the man, and his views.
No, I love Marcelo Lippi, I really do. That defensive debacle last season was only one of a handful of mistakes he made during his career. And believe me, there is no coach in this world that has never made a mistake before.

But the discussion here is the defensive problem last year, and the tactics must be highlighted.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by bianconero ] ++
A: Capello may or may not see out his contract.
A: Capello will win or may do very well in the champions league next season.
A: Capello will always or nearly always go it alone.
A: Capello is to some of us, but not to others, a bit boring and plays too defensively.
A: Capello may or may not be a charmless bragart.
Capello is the best:(

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well, Seven has a history of getting flustered in Del Piero and Capello discussions, so nothing new here.
Is that like a criminal record?

"Called DP influential"
"Said Capello made a tactical mistake"

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Capello had the gift of hindsight. While Lippi on the other hand, had was a team coming off two awesome seasons of football. Give Lippi Ibra, Cannavaro and Emerson, and i woudnt see him go wrong either.
no, lippi's rubbish, capello is excellent.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Exactly. You nailed it. We were soo damn sure we would use those two chances we would definitely get, we didn't even try to create more. We could have totally outplayed Liverpool as they are, in all reality, not a very good team. But what did we do? We waited and expected to go through with a lucky goal. That's not how we should have played. The tactics were miserable.
What I am saying is that we actually did make chances, we didnt tuck them away, the tactic was actually not so bad. Yes it was experimental, but we created chances so it was not a failure in that respect, it was a failure only because no goal was scored.

Thought to answer a previous post Seven, Last season we did have a limited transfer budget, so what he did with what he had was tremendous actually.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
People who loves DP hates Capello!
People who loves DP LOVES Lippi!
People who loves DP hates Zlatan!
People who loves DP loves "only" DP!
People who loves DP HATES Cassano!
People who loves DP hates ME :)

anyway this is my opinion...

Forza Juventus !
Substitute People with Azzuri7 and :thumb:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
People who loves DP hates Capello!
People who loves DP LOVES Lippi!
People who loves DP hates Zlatan!
People who loves DP loves "only" DP!
People who loves DP HATES Cassano!
People who loves DP hates ME :)

anyway this is my opinion...

Forza Juventus !
i hate capello because he's an overrated scumbag who's now getting credit on milan's failure

i love lippi because he was a great coach and a great person

i dont hate zlatan but i think he is selfish ball hogging prick.

erm, no..

again, i dont hate cassano but if he comes its possible that juve will have the most explosive strike forse. we'll self destruck with two indisciplined and immature attackers. one of the better reason for del piero to stay.

i hate you because youre an idiot but that doesnt matter.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

What I am saying is that we actually did make chances, we didnt tuck them away, the tactic was actually not so bad. Yes it was experimental, but we created chances so it was not a failure in that respect, it was a failure only because no goal was scored.
I know that's what you meant :).

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Nah man all you capello haters out there, give him another season, and i bet ya he'll change all ya minds. I rate him as others dont. everywhere hes gone hes won.....End of! as long as we keep winning things i really dont care guys! We can all see what roughly our team will consist of next season and i cant wait. getting real excited.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
IMO its a stupid reason to love or hate Capello just because he hates Del Piero,like there are no other parameters to jugde him for,
i dont find logic either a Juve fan to hate Juve's symbol or Juve's coach,
(unless someone is relative with Dp or Capello),:devil:

some people rate cap higher than Lippi just because he subs DP!!!
and some hate Cap for this reason.

There is no point to argue with them for the coach
or some other matter

Diobaggio

May 5, 2005
****!!

we have just won Serie A and some of you complain????

the reason we won serie A is because of the WINNING MENTALITY Capello gives all his teams

i think some of you have gone mad!!!

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Remember when Lippi left us the first time signing that pre-contract rubbish with Inter. Our season was deteriarating since it was made public. we should have got rid of him as soon as. But he decided to go after that 4-2 defeat against parma? leaving us in the sh!t. I could never forgive him for that. What a *****. plus i didnt like the players he bought in. the wasnt solid. look what capello managed to attract Ibra/canna/emo. And they all state how good it is to work under cap. everyone wants him.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Μοggi would probably sign Canna/Zebina/Zlatan no matter what coach we had,we cant always buy what our coaches need,
we couldnt compete with Inter last year and buy Canna before them,
Emo would never leave 2-3years ago with that money we gave,
Juventus had the winning mentality even before Cap,
its not the first time we ever win a title
(unlike other teams with winning mentality like Cap's Roma)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

But the discussion here is the defensive problem last year, and the tactics must be highlighted.
Yep, but lets not forget our situation in its entirety is what I'm saying. I'd blame Lippi, had those three seasons all shared the same fate, or if he we hadnt performed up to the standard. But the way it ended up, it was just a matter of motivation for everybody involved. Refer to the better teams or coaches and you can see, Ferguson has gone wrong with United, Capello has gone wrong with Roma, Ancelloti has gone wrong with Milan. My point is, nobody can win everything, every year. There's bound to be a lapse in ideologies and motivations of a team as a whole, if you know what i mean.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
The situation here is that our team is in a transisional stage:

At the death of the last Agnelli, Juve counselors deliber to take a desision about what to do with the team ; one option was to keep the status quo (meaning the directors board, the team staff and bringing on someone Lippi`s caliber, like Capello) and the other was a complete change (giving the Elkann brothers the boss chair, bringing Deschamps as DT and changing the image of the club).

The first option was chosen, but only has a transitory solution.

Thats why Capello is prefering to bring old experienced bench players (Kovac, Giannichedda, Panucci???)that knows they have no much future for the team, just to navigate well armed to win for two years or three years and then, leave the door open to his heir for reconstructing the team

Thats why In two or three years, with Capello departure, probably Elkann boys will take the chair, Moggi will resign to go to Inter, Giraudo will go to run the newspaper and many actual players /Nedved, Thuram, DP, Canna, etc. will be out. There will be changing times, probably with some idealogies, policies and even playing style redefinition.

Until then, Capello will be the brain...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)