• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

A question you (and all of us) are failing to ask is this:

We have seen that majority of our current defenders are shyte at the 'lower' level that Serie B presents. We have also seen that Cana is going downhill at the 'higher' level that La Liga presents. So how much longer (or how) will he be able to cope when (as expected) we make our return to Serie A next season and he would have lost even more steam?
Real is a bad place to be at the moment, whether you're Ronaldinho or Cannavaro you're going to underperform. Him returning to Juventus would especially motivate him, he would have a lot of things to prove.

The Cannavaro I see in Real is not the Cannavaro I know, simple as that. I have no doubts he'd be back to his best if he returned to us, none whatsoever.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
A question you (and all of us) are failing to ask is this:

We have seen that majority of our current defenders are shyte at the 'lower' level that Serie B presents. We have also seen that Cana is going downhill at the 'higher' level that La Liga presents. So how much longer (or how) will he be able to cope when (as expected) we make our return to Serie A next season and he would have lost even more steam?
cannas reading of the game, his positional sense and tackling are his strong points, you dont lose that. when defenders lose their pace tehy tend to start reading the game better, so by all reasoning, canna will pick his form up and will be a reliable organiser for our shaky defense.
i dont buy it that he is finished, is he any worse than he was at inter?its a question of reals team rather than cannas ability alone, if we were to take him back i think he would be ver solid and reliable for us once more. he will also be of great benefit for the younger players who will learn much from him

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
We also lack a leader and vocal player, both which Cannavaro is.
I think lot of you are making things complicated. Just because some of youlove Fabio Cannavaro doesn't mean we are in need of him like there's no other player in the world but Cannavaro.

I like Cannavaro, I respected his decision for leaving us, but that doesn't mean that each player left should be back.

Cannavaro is one of the best defenders football brought, thats true, but football doesn't end here, I'm sure for a big club like Juventus 10's of world class defenders would love to join us, after-all we're a big name and one of the biggest clubs in football.

Lets purchase someone like Chivu for example, rather than bringing back Cannavaro just because we need a defender.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I think lot of you are making things complicated. Just because some of youlove Fabio Cannavaro doesn't mean we are in need of him like there's no other player in the world but Cannavaro.

I like Cannavaro, I respected his decision for leaving us, but that doesn't mean that each player left should be back.

Cannavaro is one of the best defenders football brought, thats true, but football doesn't end here, I'm sure for a big club like Juventus 10's of world class defenders would love to join us, after-all we're a big name and one of the biggest clubs in football.

Lets purchase someone like Chivu for example, rather than bringing back Cannavaro just because we need a defender.
see your thinking rab but chivu would cost too much and canna would be cheap at haf teh price. the only problem i can see is his age, but he is never gonna be a long term solution. bring him in for 1-2 years, let him mould a solid backline unit and have the youngsters learn from a great

Sep 28, 2002

chivu? would cost at least 3 as much as cannavaro plus he doesnt want to leave roma. and why would he want to move to juve?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
see your thinking rab but chivu would cost too much and canna would be cheap at haf teh price. the only problem i can see is his age, but he is never gonna be a long term solution. bring him in for 1-2 years, let him mould a solid backline unit and have the youngsters learn from a great
There's no way Fabio would play 2years for us, maximum 1year, or he'll end up a bench player like Ferrara was in his last year.

It's true Chivu or the likes of him would cost us, but who thought paying soo much on Buffon would turn things around? We're good in purchasing, though Moggi isn't there anymore, we're a club that purchases the best. History tells that.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
There's no way Fabio would play 2years for us, maximum 1year, or he'll end up a bench player like Ferrara was in his last year.

It's true Chivu or the likes of him would cost us, but who thought paying soo much on Buffon would turn things around? We're good in purchasing, though Moggi isn't there anymore, we're a club that purchases the best. History tells that.
i agree that chivu is a top class defender but tbh i dont think that the new board is gonna be quite as extravagant on purchases for a few years till we get our finances back on track following this year.
as for canna believe with his reading of the game and positional sense he will eb good for another couple of years before retiring at napoli

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i agree that chivu is a top class defender but tbh i dont think that the new board is gonna be quite as extravagant on purchases for a few years till we get our finances back on track following this year.
as for canna believe with his reading of the game and positional sense he will eb good for another couple of years before retiring at napoli
we should get Canna and have him lead our back line and teach Criscito and in the future we will have a great defender

Jan 7, 2004
cannas reading of the game, his positional sense and tackling are his strong points, you dont lose that. when defenders lose their pace tehy tend to start reading the game better, so by all reasoning, canna will pick his form up and will be a reliable organiser for our shaky defense.
i dont buy it that he is finished, is he any worse than he was at inter?its a question of reals team rather than cannas ability alone, if we were to take him back i think he would be ver solid and reliable for us once more. he will also be of great benefit for the younger players who will learn much from him

you mean like ... montero

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
you mean like ... montero
nah canna's forte is reading the game and snuffing out chances with well timed tackles.
montero's forte was wrecking the opposition and snuffing out attackers with well timed kicks to the knees

we should get Canna and have him lead our back line and teach Criscito and in the future we will have a great defender
thats been my point all along also

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
ah montero - excellent player. I miss him so much:cry:
First time when i saw him I thought that he's a prisoner who escaped the jail thanks to moggi.

Even though Canna gets fatter and fatter by the age he still is 10 times better than Boum Boum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)