can we match up to milan? (1 Viewer)

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Luigi Vampa ] ++
what does juventini beging gutted about your performances have to do with anything. yeah we were beaten by inter and lazio but we know we were bad so its okay? i dont get that either. the point wasnt about how you guys reacted to it, it was that you lost 2 big games and in fact, havent beaten any of the top 5.
My point was that the performances against Inter/Lazio really do not reflect the strenght of Juventus, and I think most everyone knows. We had a horrible week. We didn't play a particularly good game against Roma either when we drew them, whereas Dida again was the MOM when you drew us at home- a game we thoroughly deserved to win.
I can only imagine that you mean top 4 btw., because top 5 would include ourselves, and why the debacles of the INter/Lazio games were surely about us hammering ourselves... that cant really count can it :) ? Otherwise the last remaining top team is Parma who we crushed, but I'd agree they're not a top side even if they beat Lazio and drew you guys.

++ [ originally posted by Luigi Vampa ] ++wanting/expecting to see attacking football isnt a myth. so youre not really dispelling anything. whats wrong with wanting to see something? im sure most milanisti realize that we havent been great offensively, especially in the cl.
Of course it's wouldn't be if it was only the desire..., but it's what your own players claim in interviews when comparing to Juventus. It's what your President and administrating Director points to. It's what your offensive signings dictate, and it's the song YOU were singing throughout most of last season. It's the image people associate with Milan largely because of those heady old Sacchi days. And it's a myth that it's somehow a value in the organico of Milan.

++ [ originally posted by Luigi Vampa ] ++it seems that youre distracted by the opinions expressed by milanisti. youre conducting a debate that never existed. but on the subject, xt is a unique place and theres a lot of different opinions expressed, many of which are opinions i never hear anywhere else. you put too much weight into opinions like bonos about a european mentality. that hardly represents the view of milanisti and any italian milanisti would scoff at it - and they have. if you want to base your opinion of milanisti from what you see at xt be my guest, but youre only doing yourself a disservice.
Then- as most was addressed above, if you're so emancipated on the subject- how come you couldn't just take in my initial post for what it was? I merely said that Milan is not an entertaining side, and that in the CL your lack of scoring has been rather absurd for some time + I explained why in my view Roma is a bigger rival for us.

++ [ originally posted by Luigi Vampa ] ++about the barca games, the way i remember it you guys were outplayed pretty bad in both games. barca made you look pretty bad but you still got through. so theres no reason to bring up our performances against bayern (which were much better than yours against barca).
Then you don't remember the home game very well. It could be excused as the game was poor, but we dictated the match; had more chances and ought to have won it. At Barca we were under siege and were lucky to go through. Never denied that.

++ [ originally posted by Luigi Vampa ] ++and i dont know what you meant about the reevaluation of 'people like us.' thats flown completely over my head as i read the post again and i dont see anything about that. so i really dont know what youre talking about. 'splain yourself;-)
You said: "we probably have a reputation for creativeness because people like us glen. were a loveable team whereas people like juve like they like hospitals."
So- reading your last post where it seems you agree that you're not a very imaginative or entertanining side... perhaps you'll understand that this particular comment seems rather odd....

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I have seen a lot Milan over the years starting with Sacchi's Milan to the present day one and this is certainly not vintage

You have a lot of creative players but even a Milan fan should be honest to say , you guys play a lot of square passes, if only Milan can vary thier play they would be a lot better

You do not have a good enough attack and thats why Milan struggles for goals
Sheva is going through a rich vein of form and is a quality striker but he is no Van Basten who could score from nothing or hold the ball superbly and make spaces for the midfield to score from

Inzaghi is going through that phase which all juve fans are familiar with, he can go 3 months of scoring like mad and then go another 3 not hitting the net

Is there a more annoying player that Serginho? You can see the talent there but its on the whole wasted

The plus points are Gatusso(imagine that), Pirlo and Kaka

The defence is incredibly mean and Dida is more than a capable goal keeper

Can Milan win the league? I do not know

They have the potential, have the players, but does Ancelotti have the right formula, that I am not so sure

Roma , well lets see when they go through a patchy period as they struggled yesterday against Modena and I feel Cassano is a ticking time bomb

I find him not just immature but unprofessional, against Lecce he kept on trying to take the mick out of his opponents and throws a tantrum every now and then which does not bode well

I wonder what would happen when he starts thinking he is better than Totti

rae

Il Conservatore
Nov 12, 2003
we should win 'cuz of a terrible defeat after penalty kicks against Boca yesterday
we won't surrender and do not expect a light match I promise

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I've had some cool conversations with him so far.

maybe it was just emotions. He seems to be all right.

For a Romanista, that is:D

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
We are the best team in Italy period. we just went through a patchy period but now we are back, as long as we continue to score as many goals as we have been i am not concerned about our defense

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by eringi ] ++
We are the best team in Italy period. we just went through a patchy period but now we are back, as long as we continue to score as many goals as we have been i am not concerned about our defense

Even if we meet up with a Real or Chelsea in the CL?

I would be very worried then.

Remember, the defense was a point of strength last year. Not the case this time. I'm a little uncomfortable with the "let's just just outscore them" type of approach.

I don't know if we have the horses to go goal-for-goal with a team that has Raul,Beckham, Zidane, Ronaldo.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i think that deep down inside, Incubo, you just want to be loved:D:D

man, you are so jumpy. You make Kermit the Frog jealous.

Fedayn Roma

Oct 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

The whipping in Coppa Italia was not enough: a week before our CL final and your starting team playing against our back-ups! VAI A DORMIRE PIPPE!
awww poverino..have to bring back coppa italia just like all lame milanisti do? Lets take a look at the present. What about the roma ultras, beating the shit out of the milan ultra in San siro? now like i said, if you wanna talk smack about roma..talk about the present!
BASTA

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fedayn Roma ] ++

awww poverino..have to bring back coppa italia just like all lame milanisti do? Lets take a look at the present. What about the roma ultras, beating the shit out of the milan ultra in San siro? now like i said, if you wanna talk smack about roma..talk about the present!
BASTA
Sorry but unlike ULTRA's or TIGRE or LA CURVA ..I'm not a savage and I don't believe in that aspect of the game. I sit in LA TRIBUNA with civilized individuals..be it at L'Olimpico or at San Siro or Delle Alpi. just the fact that you bring this up to make an argument for your team shows me "che tipo di gent-accia" you are trying to be. When I make football arguments I stick to the sport and not the part that gives it a black eye. Personally I wish for the day that Italy passes an anti-gang law and throws all their sad pathetic arses in jail and I can finally go to the Stadium in PEACE.
I don't have to stop at the Coppa Italia ...I can go on....you have proven nothing yet except that your team is on a roll and that Cassano e un "burino". Personally I don't mind Roma because its my city for the moment. However, they have not proven to be at Milan or Juve's level just yet. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Join me at Piazza Duomo in about 6 months per la festa dello scudetto!

Fedayn Roma

Oct 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Sorry but unlike ULTRA's or TIGRE or LA CURVA ..I'm not a savage and I don't believe in that aspect of the game. I sit in LA TRIBUNA with civilized individuals..be it at L'Olimpico or at San Siro or Delle Alpi. just the fact that you bring this up to make an argument for your team shows me "che tipo di gent-accia" you are trying to be. When I make football arguments I stick to the sport and not the part that gives it a black eye. Personally I wish for the day that Italy passes an anti-gang law and throws all their sad pathetic arses in jail and I can finally go to the Stadium in PEACE.
I don't have to stop at the Coppa Italia ...I can go on....you have proven nothing yet except that your team is on a roll and that Cassano e un "burino". Personally I don't mind Roma because its my city for the moment. However, they have not proven to be at Milan or Juve's level just yet. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Join me at Piazza Duomo in about 6 months per la festa dello scudetto!
You make me laugh. I am not saying Roma will win lo scudetto. I am not that confident, still a long way to go. But it seems you think your Milan will obviously win. Whatever, we are at the top of the table, not juve, or Milan (I know we have a game in hand) And this is the real Roma, last year was a nightmare, this year we woke up. Its a team effort, everyone is on top form. Anyways....no one is stopping you from going to any stadium. If you don't cause shit, you won't get shit in return. Simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)