can we match up to milan? (1 Viewer)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Moving side to side is completely legal. Moving forward, off the line is illegal. Dida moved forward by quite a large measure before one of the PKs was struck, and it easily could have been called for a re-take. However, it seems that every keeper is coming off early, so what can anybody say?

Buy on AliExpress.com

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Moving side to side is completely legal. Moving forward, off the line is illegal. Dida moved forward by quite a large measure before one of the PKs was struck, and it easily could have been called for a re-take. However, it seems that every keeper is coming off early, so what can anybody say?
NO ACTUALLY moving side to side is NOT LEGAL. Neither is moving up front.

How can you conclude moving to one side is legal? So I can dive right before the ball his hit but not go forward??????

The rules say the keeper is NOT TO MOVE. On Domenica Sportiva Collina and Paparesta have said time and time again that moving forward slightly when the player is running is NEVER CALLED ILLEGAL.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
NO ACTUALLY moving side to side is NOT LEGAL. Neither is moving up front.

How can you conclude moving to one side is legal? So I can dive right before the ball his hit but not go forward??????

The rules say the keeper is NOT TO MOVE. On Domenica Sportiva Collina and Paparesta have said time and time again that moving forward slightly when the player is running is NEVER CALLED ILLEGAL.
You're arguing semantics. The idea is that the keeper should set himself in position and not move from that position until the ball is struck. He may position himself along the line anywhere he choses, but he can not line-up in front of the line, nor is he allowed to move forward until the ball is struck. All keepers are taught, from a young age, to dive forward, and thus, the first step of every good keeper is forward. Therefore, referees do not blow the whistle on the initial forward movement of keepers off of their line. That's what Collina is refering to. What Dida did was slightly different. On two seperate occasions, he steppped with both feet off of the line in a jumping motion, putting himself slightly more than a meter in front of the line. That's not legal, that shoudn't even be allowed on the principles I outlined earlier. Many penalties get called back because of such illegal actions by the keeper. And I've even seen keepers carded for doing it more than once. Honestly, I'm over it though, because the poor quality of our kicks meant that they'd have hit Dida whether he jumped out or not.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Ian. What I meant..and I noticed that I may have used the wrong word is that the keeper should not
a) Dive to one side
b) take a step forward

I noticed that it may seem I meant move from side to side like a nervous tick but that is not what I meant.

This is hypothetical but Montero's kick went straight to Dida so wouldn't he have saved it regardless.

Secondly, if it was thought obvious..twice..why didn't the official call it?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Like I said, What can you do? It does not matter. But the rules now allow the keeper to move along the goal line. You were pointing to the rule as it stood before the change made at Fifa Congress prior to WC 1998.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
When I said "move" I meant leap before the kick and not just hop on the line like a "nervous tick". However, its rarely re-called. In my opinion this excuse is just a sorry attempt to justify Montero's lame ass kick. Just be thankful he didn't pull a Costacurta.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
I, personally, would not try to justify Montero's lame ass kick. I have no problem with accepting that Juve lost the cup because of the failings of our own players. No one to blame :down:

Sep 28, 2002
When I said "move" I meant leap before the kick and not just hop on the line like a "nervous tick". However, its rarely re-called. In my opinion this excuse is just a sorry attempt to justify Montero's lame ass kick. Just be thankful he didn't pull a Costacurta.

what did costacurta do that time? did he hit the ground with his foot before touching the ball? or not? was it even worse than becks v. turkey?

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

what did costacurta do that time? did he hit the ground with his foot before touching the ball? or not? was it even worse than becks v. turkey?
The boca final. He played 120 minutes of hard ass defending and ending a good game with the lamest kick ever. Took part of the pitch with his kick. Right to the defenders hands...NOT LEGS..hands. oh well.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Dida took half a step forward which is never frowned upon because of the sheer number of keepers doing it. The real no-no is heading towards one side which is still rarely called on...in Kaladze's kick Buffon took off a split second before the kick. Should that be re-called? If we have to enforce the rules we have to enforce them all..do we not?
Actually, as a neutral in this, I haved to say that Dida took about three steps forward for a couple of the penalties. Johnny Giles spend some considerable time highlighting it in the post-match analysis, and he's about as impartial a man I've ever seen.

And for the record, a keeper can dive whenever he bloody wants. He just can't come off his line.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
On Domenica Sportiva Collina and Paparesta have said time and time again that moving forward slightly when the player is running is NEVER CALLED ILLEGAL.
slightly is the word.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's perfectly legal for a keeper to do whatever he wants, as long as he doesn't move off his line. See Jens Lehmann. He moves plenty, blatantly jumping from side to side to try and throw off the taker.

As for diving before the kick is taken, AFAIK that's legal too. If anything, it makes the penalty even more of a lottery than diving slightly after the kick is taken.

Let's take the case to extremes: The keeper starts to dive 5 seconds before the kicker touchs the ball. He's a crumpled heap on the ground while the guy's still running up. The kick is taken and obviously the penalty is converted. I know it's never gonna happen, but if it did, the referee is not going to order a retake because the keeper dived before the kick was taken.

hort

Jun 2, 2003
seriously, i watch them play and im awestruck. i was so scared when we had to play them earlier and i just couldnt sleep for days:stress: thankfully we got lucky that day but luck never lasts.

we used to at least have the advantage of having a better keeper but now even dida has surpassed the great buffon.

when i see the name 'milan' i scream in terror.:scared:

i don't get your idea why u so scared about f.....ng rossonerri i don't see anything special in their play & i think dida is not so good as he spoken about. relax & FORZA JUVE forever :fero::fero::fero::fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)