Camoranesi (2 Viewers)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
I haven't heard of it till now. I hope I'm not seeing things :stress:

Thanks for the link, mate :)

<-- goes to read with the help of babelfish ;)

Ps: I won't get excited just yet, at least until I see another version of that news at Football Italia or Soccerage :/

-S-

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Platinì ] ++
Ciao Magnus, I just got the news on the Gazzetta, and as it's valued as a reliable source, I'm sure the news's going to spread all over the soccer - net soon.

http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/scalcio/pp_3.0.888320579.html
Thanks for the link Platini. I also found another article in CNNSI.com stating that he's going to play for the Italian NT.:thumb:

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Yup :) I read it too...

MILAN, Italy (AP) -- Argentine-born soccer star Mauro German Camoranesi wants to join Italy's national team and is expected to make his debut in a friendly against Portugal next month, Italy's largest sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport reported Saturday.

Camoranesi, who has a dual citizenship, could play with the Italian side under current international rules because he has never played with the Argentine national team.

The 26-year-old player, currently with Serie A powerhouse Juventus, did not immediately confirm the report.

The player had recently expressed uncertainty on which side to choose.

Camoranesi would not be the first Latin American with dual citizenship to play with Italy. In the past, such star as Omar Enrique Sivori and Jose Altafini, born in Argentina and Brazil of families with Italian ancestry, played with the Italian team.

Gazzetta dello Sport wrote that Camoranesi was convinced to chose the Italian side by national team coach Giovanni Trapattoni. His debut was expected in Genoa on Feb. 12, when Italy will play a friendly against Portugal, ahead of decisive European qualifying matches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 kids? :eek:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Juventus general director Luciano Moggi claims he has no idea whether Mauro Camoranesi will play for Italy or Argentina.

The Bianconeri midfielder has the option to play for both countries but Moggi maintains that he has played no part in the individual’s dilemma.

"I am hoping that Camoranesi will choose to play for Italy but for now nothing has been decided," said Moggi.

The club official is keen for the former Verona ace to select the peninsula, so that Juventus will not lose the player to numerous transatlantic flights.

But Moggi has stated that he has not interfered with Camoranesi’s decision and denied claims that he had spoken to Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni regarding the matter.

"I haven’t made any kind of phone call to Trap," said Moggi. "I would only do that once the player had decided."

Camoranesi has been one of the club’s best performers so far this term and Moggi is extremely happy with how he has adapted to his new surroundings.

"Last year not that many people were talking about him," added the Juventus transfer guru. "But that has all changed now. It proves that he was a good piece of business."

Camoranesi is set to make his international debut in February for one of the nations as Italy take on Portugal, while Argentina face USA.

Football Italia

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I read it in our newspaper when they had an article about Mauro :) It also said that he has finally found a place to live and moved out of a hotel :D

nina

Feb 18, 2001
The agent of both Adrian Mutu and Mauro Camoranesi has confirmed that the two stars could swap places very soon.

Andrea Pastorello represents both the Parma forward and the Juventus wide midfielder and commented on reports the two could do business together.

“I think that Juve want to keep Camoranesi,” he told website Rete.it, “but they have never stopped tracking Mutu.”

The Argentine winger is becoming a problem for the Turin side as Verona – who still own half the player – have reportedly doubled their asking price for their share in his contract.

“Parma could sign Verona’s half of Camoranesi,” added Pastorello, “and then hand Mutu over to Juve in exchange for the other 50 per cent of his contract plus cash.”

Mutu is also a former Verona man and only joined Parma this summer as a replacement for Juventus-bound Marco Di Vaio.

“I think that Juventus are just trying to lower Camoranesi’s price-tag. If this is not possible,” pointed out the agent, “then this swap deal would certainly not be out of the question.”

In fact, Mutu has long been a favourite of Bianconeri boss Marcello Lippi and was set to join instead of Di Vaio in August.

“Juve already tried to sign Mutu in the summer,” confirmed his manager, “so a claim he could join them later on is a theory grounded in reality.”

Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)