Camoranesi (12 Viewers)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Juventus will meet with Verona this week in a bid to complete the signing of Mauro German Camoranesi.

The Argentine is currently half-owned by the Bianconeri but the giants are keen to grab full ownership of the 26-year-old.

Camoranesi arrived at the Delle Alpi from the Serie B side just this summer and has immediately impressed.

So much so that there were rumours that a number of Italian and Spanish clubs were set to contact Verona in a bid to snatch the player away from Juventus.

However, reports suggest that Juve officials will offer cash and at least one player for the former Cruz Azul player.

The winger’s form has been so good since his arrival that there is the possibility that he could star for Italy in the future.

Although born in South America, Camoranesi holds dual nationality and has never represented Argentina at any level.

Football Italia

Good idea IMO, as we don't want any other club interfereing. Money + player ... I wonder which player Juve officials have in mind :undecide: Let it be Baiocco!

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
Let them complete the move(camo), otherwise Moratti will do everything to sabbotage the deal! What does he have against Juve. Moratti and that *]$&#& called Sensi. Is it jeolousy?

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
Camoranesi to pick Italy Tuesday 10 December, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mauro Camoranesi is likely to play international football with Italy rather than Argentina according to his agent.

The Argentine born ace has dual nationality and is wanted by Azzurri boss Giovanni Trapattoni after his remarkable performances for Juventus this season.

"Considering his club would like to see him play for Italy, in the end I think he'll choose to star for the Azzurri," said Sergio Fortunato.

"Mauro is quite embarrassed with this situation really. He feels like an Argentine and started his career with a Mexican club.

"But he is attracted to Italy because of the interest shown in him by Trapattoni. This is why he is caught between two loves.

"I think it is fundamental in this case to understand who really wants you more. From this point of view Argentina boss Marcelo Bielsa has been quite elusive."

The 26-year-old only arrived at the Stadio Delle Alpi this summer after he was part bought from Verona.

It is expected that Juventus will hold talks with the Serie B outfit this week in a bid to complete his signing.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
he should pick playing for the italian NT
his talents would show better with the italian NT as there are not many great midfielders in it! while the argentian NT is full of creative midfielders!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
4 Italy is very good to count in a player like Camo. I'm not sure if 4 him is better than to play with Argentina :confused: anycase... is his choice and I'm happy!

Did you know that Camo is a big Baggio fan too? Before the match Brescia-Juve he went in the area where the Brescia players were trainig to give him his hand and a hug and today, interviewed about the NT staff, he said: "I follow Italy NT till 1994 WC and what impressed me more of azzurri is Roberto Baggio, a true number one". :thumb:
He also said that the Italian player to who he think to be more similar is Donadoni.

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
12/17/2002. The agent of Juventus winger Mauro Camoranesi has said that Inter and Real Madrid have both enquired about the Argentine.

The Old Lady are keen to complete the player's signing from Verona, but nothing has yet been finalised.

"Real Madrid have been in contact with me recently asking to be informed of my player's present situation," Andrea Pastorello told Calciomanager.it.

"And Inter have also been in touch asking to be updated about what is happening."
SA Italy

Jul 12, 2002
I should hope that Moggi is hard at work getting Camoranesi firmly signed to Juventus. I'd hate to see him sign for Inter or Real.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alessandro ] ++
Baiocco is useful sub. More mobile than tacchinardi, less aggresive than Davids, but more fantasy. Can't understand you.
Yeah, Baiocco has none of the advantages of either Tacch or Davids. He has no skill, nor does he have vision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)