Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (22 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
'Should’ve given Juve a free kick…’ | Football Italia

The referee who controversially refused to award Inter a penalty against Juventus in 1998 has one regret – not awarding the Bianconeri a free kick.

It is 20 years ago to the month that Inter met Juve in a Scudetto showdown, during which Piero Ceccarini waved play on when Ronaldo went down under a Mark Iuliano challenge.

The Bianconeri were 1-0 up at the time thanks to Alessandro Del Piero’s goal, and though he later missed a penalty, they held on for a 1-0 win.

The Old Lady went on to lift the Serie A title that year, and Beneamata fans have long claimed that they would have taken the title if not for that decision.

“I take no pleasure from being solely and exclusively remembered for that incident,” Ceccarini told Premium Sport.

“Right then and there, it looked like a challenge from Ronaldo on Iuliano and not the other way round.

“Today, after a long time, I can confirm that what I saw on the pitch corresponds to reality if we’re talking about physical contact.

“I can also say that my mistake was not giving a free kick to Juventus because the fact of not having whistled made it look like I saw Iuliano’s foul and didn’t want to acknowledge it. Instead I just saw the opposite.

“If it had been in basketball, it would’ve been a technical foul by Ronaldo. It also amazes me no-one remembers that live and during the replay of the incident, Collovati and Chiesa said during their commentary that it wasn’t a penalty.

“I was more amazed than anything at the particularly intense protests from Inter, but I’m especially sorry that I couldn’t explain my version of events straight after the game.

“It wasn’t possible because referees live in a castle surrounded by high walls. I had proposed to give a Press conference to only talk about the incident from a technical point of view, without causing any controversy or touching other issues, but my proposal wasn’t considered.

“In the days that followed, there was a deafening silence from my bosses and the FIGC, which hurt me.

“I’d like to put an end to it all, even if I don’t think I can. For me, the fact that incident made Inter lose the title is untrue.

“I assessed everything in a clean, crystalline and transparent way. The Inter fans can be assured of that. There was never any foul play.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
We'd be much more of a powerhouse. We lost years getting back to this level from Serie B to now, and we're still not completely seen as top dog
Im not sure about that really. Italy has no way near the same economic power as Germany, England and France as well probably, calciopoli or not wouldnt have changed that really. You would maybe have slightly bigger economy, but not much more as you said imo.

- - - Updated - - -

We lost a lot financially and in reputation
Reputation wise yes, but financially I dont think Juve would have been much bigger I already explained why to Cerval.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Im not sure about that really. Italy has no way near the same economic power as Germany, England and France as well probably, calciopoli or not wouldnt have changed that really. You would maybe have slightly bigger economy, but not much more as you said imo.
Calciopoli is a big reason. The league would still have some appeal if it didn't happen

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Calciopoli is a big reason. The league would still have some appeal if it didn't happen
It is a reason, but you also gotta look at the country and its financial potential. Even without calciopoli I think most Italian clubs would have regressed financially. There are no big fundament because of different reasons.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

Reputation wise yes, but financially I dont think Juve would have been much bigger I already explained why to Cerval.
Italian economy is a small part of it. Spain's economy isn't too great either. Most of our sponsorships are international. And as Cerval said the league on the whole became a lot weaker and less appealing due to Calciopoli.

We also had to sell our star players for dirt cheap. We missed out on years of CL football. Etc etc

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Italian economy is a small part of it. Spain's economy isn't too great either. Most of our sponsorships are international. And as Cerval said the league on the whole became a lot weaker and less appealing due to Calciopoli.

We also had to sell our star players for dirt cheap. We missed out on years of CL football. Etc etc
Okay :tup:

You guys are probably right.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It is a reason, but you also gotta look at the country and its financial potential. Even without calciopoli I think most Italian clubs would have regressed financially. There are no big fundament because of different reasons.
I think you don't understand the massive effect Calciopoli had on Italian football. The league still being strong would have made it irrelevant if some clubs were not proactive in general

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think you don't understand the massive effect Calciopoli had on Italian football. The league still being strong would have made it irrelevant if some clubs were not proactive in general
I do understand it very fine. What Im not totally agreeing with, is where Juventus would be today financially. But we can definitely agree about you would have had a better/stronger financial ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)