Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (17 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah, Calciopoli fucked us royally, and it fucked Italian football to a degree that is hard to define exactly but easy to see. We went from having 5-6 teams that could win either CL or the UEFA Cup to none (apart from Inters left-over team).

The decline from the greatest league ever had already happened at that tiem with Lazio, Parma and Fiorentinas financial quarrels. Serie A was now stabilised again with Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina at the top.

Add Calciopoli to the most reactionary football federation in Europe and the financial crisis of 08, and you have todays Serie A and Azzurri aka :yawn: and shite

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Im not sure about that really. Italy has no way near the same economic power as Germany, England and France as well probably, calciopoli or not wouldnt have changed that really. You would maybe have slightly bigger economy, but not much more as you said imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Reputation wise yes, but financially I dont think Juve would have been much bigger I already explained why to Cerval.
Are you kidding we were the third most profitable club after MU and Real we had a star-studded squad and we just bought the hottest prospect in Ibra. Had the best shirt sponsor too. We would be in better place than current Bayern theoretically.

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
I do understand it very fine. What Im not totally agreeing with, is where Juventus would be today financially. But we can definitely agree about you would have had a better/stronger financial ability.
I think we would be around the Bayern level financially, we had a lot going for us at the time, we were the 3rd-4th biggest team in the world and had the 3rd highest revenue.

Football also seen a huge boom and boost in revenue in the following 5-10 years after Calciopoli, teams revenues doubled and tripled in that time while we were finishing 7th in the league with poor performances stagnating while every single big team was getting richer and richer

I can imagine we may have added a CL title or 2 in that time but that is just my opinion and of course Inter would have never won the treble if it wasn't for Calciopoli

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Are you kidding we were the third most profitable club after MU and Real we had a star-studded squad and we just bought the hottest prospect in Ibra. Had the best shirt sponsor too. We would be in better place than current Bayern theoretically.
You guys are probably right :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I think we would be around the Bayern level financially, we had a lot going for us at the time, we were the 3rd-4th biggest team in the world and had the 3rd highest revenue.

Football also seen a huge boom and boost in revenue in the following 5-10 years after Calciopoli, teams revenues doubled and tripled in that time while we were finishing 7th in the league with poor performances stagnating while every single big team was getting richer and richer

I can imagine we may have added a CL title or 2 in that time but that is just my opinion and of course Inter would have never won the treble if it wasn't for Calciopoli
:tup:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
People remember things with rose-colored glasses. Yes we had one of the best squads. But Capello failed with it in Europe. Moggi said that he would have hired Del Neri. Good luck winning CL with that.

Also Zlatan cost peanuts. 16m euros. Then we signed Viera who was finished for 18m or there about. But even though we had some great players we played terrible football. Capello had no flexibility. Also Zlatan was not havig impact in CL.

It would have been interesting to see how we would have dealt with the veterans. Cannavaro was finished by 2008.

I also dont think the financial side would have been better. We sold big players then also. Remember we sold Zidane to sign Buffon and Nedved. And signings like Zlatan and Vieira prove it.
Chelsea emerged with Abramovich and Man city takeover was around 2008.

Calciopoli isnt the only reason italy/serie a fell back. Marketing poor compared to Epl. I mean Milan and Inter won CL during 3 seasons AFTER calciopoli. That should have boosted things on its own.

Milan decline isnt anything to do with calciopoli. Thet won CL 2007. Straight after calciopoli.
They didnt invest into youth. Their veterans got old. Then Berlusconi lost interest. Selling Zlatan and Silva was the turning point. And lets be honest Milan never was into youth developement. At least not in 00s. The 2007 CL wimners was full of veterans who had done it all basically apart from Kaka who had emerged.

The national team decline also isnt much to do with calciopoli. Teams simply dont develop enough italian players. Roma and Napoli have had CL games with 1-2 italian players starting. Heck Roma played 0 italians only recently during last 2 years when both De rossi and Florenzi were injured.

I really dont see how calciopoli affected NT. Its not like Juve investes into youth. Heck we had one of the oldest squads around. Nedved was 34 in 2006. Cannavaro 33. Del Piero 32. Thuram 34. Zlatan was our only under 25 starter. Also Chiellini would have not established himself here. We almost sold him in 2007 summer to some nobody english club. It wasnt even big club like Manu or Chelsea. It was smth like Aston Villa or such.

Also the social media side. Youtube has been around since 2005. Juve opened their official page 2011 april. And english content came ages later. Real Madrid opened theirs 2007 for example. Which at the time was still seen as a webpage for random people posting random videos.

The biggest problem was that our reputation was ruined.

Also the italian football heads dont really care about marketing the league. You can see that even now. Agnelli is the only head who talks about things like hoping other italian clubs do well in europe. Talked about it just recently while half of Italy is rooting for Madrid when Juve plays them. There will never be unity.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
People remember things with rose-colored glasses. Yes we had one of the best squads. But Capello failed with it in Europe. Moggi said that he would have hired Del Neri. Good luck winning CL with that.

Also Zlatan cost peanuts. 16m euros. Then we signed Viera who was finished for 18m or there about. But even though we had some great players we played terrible football. Capello had no flexibility. Also Zlatan was not havig impact in CL.

It would have been interesting to see how we would have dealt with the veterans. Cannavaro was finished by 2008.

I also dont think the financial side would have been better. We sold big players then also. Remember we sold Zidane to sign Buffon and Nedved. And signings like Zlatan and Vieira prove it.
Chelsea emerged with Abramovich and Man city takeover was around 2008.

Calciopoli isnt the only reason italy/serie a fell back. Marketing poor compared to Epl. I mean Milan and Inter won CL during 3 seasons AFTER calciopoli. That should have boosted things on its own.

Milan decline isnt anything to do with calciopoli. Thet won CL 2007. Straight after calciopoli.
They didnt invest into youth. Their veterans got old. Then Berlusconi lost interest. Selling Zlatan and Silva was the turning point. And lets be honest Milan never was into youth developement. At least not in 00s. The 2007 CL wimners was full of veterans who had done it all basically apart from Kaka who had emerged.

The national team decline also isnt much to do with calciopoli. Teams simply dont develop enough italian players. Roma and Napoli have had CL games with 1-2 italian players starting. Heck Roma played 0 italians only recently during last 2 years when both De rossi and Florenzi were injured.

I really dont see how calciopoli affected NT. Its not like Juve investes into youth. Heck we had one of the oldest squads around. Nedved was 34 in 2006. Cannavaro 33. Del Piero 32. Thuram 34. Zlatan was our only under 25 starter. Also Chiellini would have not established himself here. We almost sold him in 2007 summer to some nobody english club. It wasnt even big club like Manu or Chelsea. It was smth like Aston Villa or such.

Also the social media side. Youtube has been around since 2005. Juve opened their official page 2011 april. And english content came ages later. Real Madrid opened theirs 2007 for example. Which at the time was still seen as a webpage for random people posting random videos.

The biggest problem was that our reputation was ruined.

Also the italian football heads dont really care about marketing the league. You can see that even now. Agnelli is the only head who talks about things like hoping other italian clubs do well in europe. Talked about it just recently while half of Italy is rooting for Madrid when Juve plays them. There will never be unity.
You sold Viera, Emerson, Zambrotta , Cannavaro (ballon do'r winner) , Thuram and Ibra for peanuts and at once. And your brand got tarnished beyond repair and you made Serie B money instead of Serie A money, and your club valuation in the stock market completely tanked. The quality of the vets is proven by where they went when we collapsed. 2 went to Barca, 1 to Milan, 1 to Inter and one to Madrid and were all starters. I am not sure but we even lost mutu who was a promising youngster as well.

We would have phased them out as they declined and those that wanted to go elsewhere would have been worth good money. Ibra was becoming a beast, mutu was a very promising youngster, Chiellini was was young and who knows who else we would have gradually invested in.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

I don't think I've read anyone claiming that Calciopoli was the sole reason for the decline of Serie A and the Azzurri.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The Spanish speaking market, bruhs

RM and Barcelona own it.
the asian market bruh, EPL own it
African market is where it's at yo.

- - - Updated - - -

You sold Viera, Emerson, Zambrotta , Cannavaro (ballon do'r winner) , Thuram and Ibra for peanuts and at once. And your brand got tarnished beyond repair and you made Serie B money instead of Serie A money, and your club valuation in the stock market completely tanked. The quality of the vets is proven by where they went when we collapsed. 2 went to Barca, 1 to Milan, 1 to Inter and one to Madrid and were all starters. I am not sure but we even lost mutu who was a promising youngster as well.

We would have phased them out as they declined and those that wanted to go elsewhere would have been worth good money. Ibra was becoming a beast, mutu was a very promising youngster, Chiellini was was young and who knows who else we would have gradually invested in.
:agree:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

And our italian core was always NT core so.... And not only that, Spanish team weren't got so big IMO cuz Juventus and Milan were two teams that always made thing hard for them... EPL teams and BM were always too piece of cake for them

An strong Juve would keep rising TV money, Silvio would keep making money and Milan would be able to rebuild a younger side... Too many things were quite different

We would have at least 4 more final lost without calciopoli

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't think I've read anyone claiming that Calciopoli was the sole reason for the decline of Serie A and the Azzurri.
that's new indeed. it was the main reason as the league lost its credibility and investors, sponsors opted out of italy, but italian economics, italian bureaucracy, italian youth system (etc) played their part too.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
that's new indeed. it was the main reason as the league lost its credibility and investors, sponsors opted out of italy, but italian economics, italian bureaucracy, italian youth system (etc) played their part too.
Calciopoli didn't affect the infrastructure of Italian football, the decline - in hindsight - already started during the 90s nor did it create the financial crisis of 2008, while Calciopoli was the main reason for Juventus' decline, long-term it's a minor detail similar to the Totonero Scandal, afterall 7 years later and Milan had created one of the best and most dominant football teams ever, 9 years later and Serie A was established as the best league and would become the best league ever from 1989-2001.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder where jews would have been, if they hadn't been stealing lands
In Europe, so count your blessings.

Speaking of stealing land: are you frikadelle-Danish? (both parents) :p

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Calciopoli didn't affect the infrastructure of Italian football, the decline - in hindsight - already started during the 90s nor did it create the financial crisis of 2008, while Calciopoli was the main reason for Juventus' decline, long-term it's a minor detail similar to the Totonero Scandal, afterall 7 years later and Milan had created one of the best and most dominant football teams ever, 9 years later and Serie A was established as the best league and would become the best league ever from 1989-2001.
I believe current La Liga has surpassed that Serie A.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
the '08 financial crisis didn't kill any of the german, spanish or english club football. it's safe to assume that in case some failing italian clubs have had healthy finances in the mid-'00 years (regardless of the crisis), none of them, not even the milan clubs would have been forced to change ownership. inda's crisis was due to moratti's habit of overpaying for transfers, for his players' wages and offering them too long contracts, and basically the same goes to milan who were relying too much on berlusconi's willingness to cover operational losses. the clubs' income was and still is there, the difficulties of these clubs were due to some poor management choices.

italian clubs' breakaway from the top clubs' revenue (top clubs: real, mu, bayern) began in '06, well before the crisis. calciopoli prevented italian football to capitalise on the asian market's boom, stopped the increase of tv money which saw both the english and spanish league break away from italy, and scared away wealthy sponsors. (roma announced yesterday a 40m shirt sponsorship deal with qatar airways for 3 years, manutd have the 60m chevrolet deal, and that's the sponsor's yearly contribution. shirt supplier deals in italy are a joke, too. just remember how nike tried to get rid of juve for years, or compare the old adidas-milan contract with the contract they'll have with their new supplier.) with calciopoli, italy and juve lost ground to spain and england for good.

the worst issue is italian bureaucracy preventing clubs to have their own stadiums. clubs would be able to generate plenty of revenue from the stadiums. but after the bad infrastructure (which is due to italy being italy), imo calciopoli is a close second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)