Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (11 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
This is exactly it. It's fun to talk trash about other Serie A clubs, but the only one I really would hate to see winning is Inter.

Serie A could easily be a top 2 League in Europe with a strong Juve, Milan, and Roma. It's really quite pathetic that there is no "big" club in the capital, though I suppose it really does leave massive potential for growth for Roma probably as Lazio seems too... insular maybe? I wouldn't mind Roma becoming a powerhouse alongside us, as long as this doesn't happen until Totti retires. It's much more fun being able to laugh about Totti with only 1 scudetto. :lol:

So Forza Roma post-Totti!
I don't think so.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This is exactly it. It's fun to talk trash about other Serie A clubs, but the only one I really would hate to see winning is Inter.

Serie A could easily be a top 2 League in Europe with a strong Juve, Milan, and Roma. It's really quite pathetic that there is no "big" club in the capital, though I suppose it really does leave massive potential for growth for Roma probably as Lazio seems too... insular maybe? I wouldn't mind Roma becoming a powerhouse alongside us, as long as this doesn't happen until Totti retires. It's much more fun being able to laugh about Totti with only 1 scudetto. :lol:

So Forza Roma post-Totti!
Inter has 17m fans across Italy, as opposed to Roma's miserable 4-5m, which means that for the time being Inter will earn more money from television rights (number of fans across peninsula is the most important determinant), which is by far the most important revenue stream for Italian clubs; its share is +50% in total revenues for most clubs. Needless to say that exposure to risk is also significant one due to this over-reliance. Worldwide Roma is insignificant, always has been and them coming from capital makes no difference, at least not in their favor. Inter has pedigree of being an international club and plenty of foreigners can relate to them. The region of Lazio has never been particularly fond of foreigners, and it goes that far that dislike is felt towards their countrymen, one of the reasons why Roma isn't popular across the country. You won't find too many of Roma supporters in other regions of Italy. Majority of their fans are located in the Lazio region, while Juve, Milan and Inter have great number of fans across Italy. Inter while being at its bottom, without CL football, still earns more than Roma (according to the last year's FR), has higher viewing figures and attract around the similar crowd to the stands. Milan club has potential to earn 250-300m, while Roma even with a brand new stadium, consistently fighting for the highest honours might earn 200m (100m from CL+Serie A, 50m from tickets and roughly 40m from sponsorship agreements and I'm being extremely generous here) or thereabout (Nike being Roma's 2nd most lucrative sponsor pays them 5m annually, dat commercial income :lol2:). Perfect scenario for Italian football and the one that would bring the most money from abroad would be Juve, Milan and Inter finding their place among the top 3 teams each years. These teams have the greatest number of supporters (home and abroad), are extremely marketable and have illustrious history. Compared to them Roma, Fiorentina, Lazio and Napoli are irrelevant scrubs.

Latest research conducted by Demos&Pi.
http://www.demos.it/a01039.php

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Inter has 17m fans across Italy, as opposed to Roma's miserable 4-5m, which means that for the time being Inter will earn more money from television rights (number of fans across peninsula is the most important determinant), which is by far the most important revenue stream for Italian clubs; its share is +50% in total revenues for most clubs. Needless to say that exposure to risk is also significant one due to this over-reliance. Worldwide Roma is insignificant, always has been and them coming from capital makes no difference, at least not in their favor. Inter has pedigree of being an international club and plenty of foreigners can relate to them. The region of Lazio has never been particularly fond of foreigners, and it goes that far that dislike is felt towards their countrymen, one of the reasons why Roma isn't popular across the country. You won't find too many of Roma supporters in other regions of Italy. Majority of their fans are located in the Lazio region, while Juve, Milan and Inter have great number of fans across Italy. Inter while being at its bottom, without CL football, still earns more than Roma (according to the last year's FR), has higher viewing figures and attract around the similar crowd to the stands. Milan club has potential to earn 250-300m, while Roma even with a brand new stadium, consistently fighting for the highest honours might earn 200m or thereabout (Nike being Roma's 2nd most lucrative sponsor pays them 5m annually, dat commercial income :lol2:). Perfect scenario for Italian football and the one that would bring the most money from abroad would be Juve, Milan and Inter finding their place among the top 3 teams each years. These teams have the greatest number of supporters (home and abroad), are extremely marketable and have illustrious history. Compared to them Roma, Fiorentina, Lazio and Napoli are irrelevant scrubs.
Nah. Short-term, sure the two Milan clubs have much better potential. Long-term, Roma has massive untapped potential. It's a massive city, with massive tourism, and massive marketing potential. And if they start to have a decent amount of success in Italy and on the European stage, they'll pass Inter in a few years. Including in fan numbers. When Roma builds their stadium and if they invest wisely on the transfer market going forward, they could easily become a European heavyweight. And stop acting like current fan base is a big predictor. Fanbases grow very rapidly with success. So do sponsorship numbers. If Roma become a big club, they'll attract far more fans and far better sponsorship deals than Inter ever could.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Nah. Short-term, sure the two Milan clubs have much better potential. Long-term, Roma has massive untapped potential. It's a massive city, with massive tourism, and massive marketing potential. And if they start to have a decent amount of success in Italy and on the European stage, they'll pass Inter in a few years. Including in fan numbers. When Roma builds their stadium and if they invest wisely on the transfer market going forward, they could easily become a European heavyweight. And stop acting like current fan base is a big predictor. Fanbases grow very rapidly with success. So do sponsorship numbers. If Roma become a big club, they'll attract far more fans and far better sponsorship deals than Inter ever could.
Inter's fanbase actually increased in the last few years, despite them being in turmoil. See that link I posted above. The difference in number of supporters between the clubs isn't marginal one, so it is pretty important.

Milano is also a massive city and it's improbable all considering that Roma would surpass Inter. Inter also won't sit back, but are planning to build a new venue as well.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Inter's fanbase actually increased in the last few years, despite them being in turmoil. See that link I posted above. The difference in number of supporters between the clubs isn't marginal one.

Milano is also a massive city and it's improbable all considering that Roma would surpass Inter.
As I said, I think it's entirely dependent on club success over the next 5 years. If Inter struggles for the next 3-5 years and wins nothing, and Roma wins a scudetto, makes some decent QF CL runs, maybe wins a Europa, I can easily see Roma surpassing Inter in everything, especially with that new stadium.

As I said, I think AC Milan and Juventus will be by far the biggest Italian clubs going forward, assuming Milan get their heads on straight and sort out their stadium plans. But Rome having a powerhouse team with worldwide appeal would be far better for Serie A in terms of image and attracting foreign fans, etc than Milan having two teams at the top. A southern team, Roma especially, being a power would be very good for Serie A imo.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
As I said, I think it's entirely dependent on club success over the next 5 years. If Inter struggles for the next 3-5 years and wins nothing, and Roma wins a scudetto, makes some decent QF CL runs, maybe wins a Europa, I can easily see Roma surpassing Inter in everything, especially with that new stadium.

As I said, I think AC Milan and Juventus will be by far the biggest Italian clubs going forward, assuming Milan get their heads on straight and sort out their stadium plans. But Rome having a powerhouse team with worldwide appeal would be far better for Serie A in terms of image and attracting foreign fans, etc than Milan having two teams at the top. A southern team, Roma especially, being a power would be very good for Serie A imo.
They can't surpass them in number of fans, those fanbases don't change as rapidly as you think. 3-5 years is short time for Roma to surpass Inter in this aspect. Doubt they'd even be able to earn more in commerce, even if Inter remains this bad, which is unlikely. If Roma had owners that would spend +50m on the market each season, gave them lucrative sponsorship agreements with their subsidiaries (like City's or PSG's owners), retained their best players (like Benatia) it could be possible for Roma to gain more appeal from abroad, but with this tempo they cannot take Inter's place. Their next year's CL participation is in question due to FFP and irregularities in conducting its business and it would be a big blow for their ambitions to grow further.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Inter is the only Italian team that I really hate. The rest are harmless, not worth hating. Recently Garcia's Roma has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I never really hated Milan. They had "classy players". I wouldn't cheer for them but it's not like I was hoping Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Kaka, Seedorf went out there and broke their legs.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Inter is the only Italian team that I really hate. The rest are harmless, not worth hating. Recently Garcia's Roma has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I never really hated Milan. They had "classy players". I wouldn't cheer for them but it's not like I was hoping Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Kaka, Seedorf went out there and broke their legs.
Yeah, they are detestable club. Italy could probably find its place among top 2-3 leagues even without them imho, but for the league to trully fulfil its potential Inter need to get back on the right track. Italy is losing too much with them in a marginal role.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Football and its fans nowadays are just weird as it's full of teenage girls and young retards who only look at current fame and if they sign models. New generations hardly look at clubs history imo. Inter at the moment is disgusting and I don't see them any new/big fanbase, especially outside of Italy. We're gonna see an increase of plastic fans when it comes to PSG in years to come most likely. Milan will get much stronger if they sell the club and I don't expect Roma to grow until they open their new stadium which imo will be a massive boost for them. Having said that I believe Serie A is on a good road to become a top league once again.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah, they are detestable club. Italy could probably find its place among top 2-3 leagues even without them imho, but for the league to trully fulfil its potential Inter need to get back on the right track. Italy is losing too much with them in a marginal role.
You're right in the short term for sure, especially in that 3-5 year range. I just cannot help feeling Serie A would benefit in this new footballing world from a very strong club in the capital. I might be wrong saying Roma could surpass Inter in the next 3-5 years, but I think it's almost inevitable in the next 5-10 years. I have a feeling that Pallotta is someone who could help Italian football going forward. Agnelli and him seem to be allied on quite a few issues. I just see that appeal of a massive club in Rome as being too great to hold back in this modern era. As children we grow up in love with cities like Rome and wanting to visit there someday. It's one of the world's most appealing cities for tourism, and having a massive football club with brand new stadium and associated district surrounding would be very appealing for investment and sponsorship. And fandom, especially the casual worldwide sort

- - - Updated - - -

Football and its fans nowadays are just weird as it's full of teenage girls and young retards who only look at current fame and if they sign models. New generations hardly look at clubs history imo. Inter at the moment is disgusting and I don't see them any new/big fanbase, especially outside of Italy. We're gonna see an increase of plastic fans when it comes to PSG in years to come most likely. Milan will get much stronger if they sell the club and I don't expect Roma to grow until they open their new stadium which imo will be a massive boost for them. Having said that I believe Serie A is on a good road to become a top league once again.
:tup:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Simply put, Roma will never, or at least not in the next fifteen years surpass Inter in terms of fans in Italy. There fandoms are just too deeply engrained in peoples or at times entire families psyches for it to change that drastically due to a few seasons of success or misery. Plus there are some anti-centralist tendencies, meaning Rome is not that popular in Italy in general.

Where Roma has massive potential is internationally, but they will need a few seasons of moderate European success for that to really show results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)