Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (16 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
This stuff to come out, as far as I can tell, does not say that Juve didn't cheat.

It just confirms that Juve didn't do enough to warrant being relegated.
The Article 1 violations were basically the contact we had with the referee designators, right? The same contact, if not more, that all other clubs had, and was encouraged by the referee association? I don't think that warrants us for being guilty of trying to influence matches.

OP
gsol

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
  • Thread Starter #11,987
    This stuff to come out, as far as I can tell, does not say that Juve didn't cheat.

No article 6 violations = no cheating

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    I can't believe all this comes out just after the 5 year deadline... well actually I can.

Surely there must be something we can do to put pressure on the FIGC. It's incredibly unfair and unjust that they can brush a crime under the carpet after 5 years. Does this mean that a murderer can admit murder after 5 years and not be punished in the italian (un)justice system if they hadn't had criminal proceeding brought against them? Thats a draconian law that Berlusconi brought in i imagine....

In most legal systems statutes like this can be sidestepped if its in the "public interest" to go to trial. Surely something similar can apply in italy right?

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    What boggles my mind is how there is a statue of limitations on sporting fraud, what the fuck is that?? That's bullshit right there. I could understand if the thing was 30 years ago, but as of recent of 5 years ago. What a crock of shit. Italy is surely the most corrupt country in Europe.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    Media don't really have sides IMO
    :rofl:

Roma want 2006 scudetto
    I knew that was going to happen.

Carlo is cool, he always have our backs.
    He's a bit of an idiot.

Anyone else find it convenient this happens only now after 5 years have passed and now legally the case is void. Talk about planned timing to minimise damage to merda.
    Of course. It was clearly designed to happen this way.

No one really had any clue...it came out of no where.
    Not really. It was all over the news before the World Cup was even over.

Why is all of this suddenly coming out now? It's been years and suddenly the press and the FIGC are on our side? This seems so random..
    Come on, isn't it obvious?

This season's scudetto should be revoked surely.
    None of this relates to last season (as far as I know).

Milan has been punished. Inter No.
    Milan were not punished for article 6 violations.

I wish Gianni Agnelli was still alive.
    :agree:

It says Juve only committed article 1 violations, along with a load of other clubs. So we should've gotten a fine and/or a few points deducted in Serie A.
    Milan, Inter and Livorno should have been relegated, apparently.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gigi Riva (FIGC): "Giacinto is clean"
    Quote:
    ROME – (ANSA) Hands off Facchetti. And how could anyone accuse an "angel"? Gigi Riva, Italy's all-time leading scorer and Giacinto Facchetti's international team-mate for many a match, lets out a roar of thunder: "I played over 100 games for Italy alongside Facchetti, me up front and him as the captain. Good days and bad days," he recalled as he spoke to ANSA on the phone, "but Giacinto was always the same: an extraordinary person, clean and honest. He was an example to us all, a constant point of reference, he was our angel."

And that is why, now that he has read the reasoning in Palazzi's report - which accuses Inter and in particular the club's then-president of sporting fraud - Riva admits: "I feel like smashing things in, it makes me so mad. Anyone who ever met Facchetti," continues the ex-Cagliari striker, "knows that he was a true man. I just can't see him in the role of someone who talks to referees in order to influence them. All those people who are saying things about him now would do well to keep their mouths shut because Giacinto was a simple, honest man who deserves respect."

Riva doesn't doubt the federal prosecutor's report, just the 'ratio' and its conclusions. "Maybe one day I'll be able to understand it but at the moment I find it impossible: what's the point in digging out a matter whose statute of limitations has passed and involving a person who is no longer alive, who can't have his own say?"

Riva's is not your standard act of defence, considering his historic battles in the name of Cagliari against the big clubs: "The big clubs have always dominated, it's always been like that," he recalls. "When we travelled to play Juve, Milan or Inter away, the ref would use the impersonal "tu" pronoun with us Cagliari players and the more respectful "lei" form with the opposition. But we would win in the end..."

Riva thinks it is impossible to imagine Facchetti trying to influence referees: "I'm not saying he didn't make those phone calls, they are in the documents, but it just isn't possible that Giacinto made them to gain an advantage. I can imagine lots of others doing that, but not him, absolutely not. He dedicated his life to the sport and the national side, and anyone that ever met him knows who Giacinto was. A true man. Hearing certain things really gets my back up." (ANSA)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)