Bye Bye Trezeguet (4 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

1. Trez is crap, Kluivert is class

2. Saviola is probably one of the top two or three young strikers on the planet, and you don't want him?!
1.Kluivert is not class. he's too slow(handling speed) he's a point man, who plays way too deeply, he has a bad mentality and a big ego.

Trezeguet, has a great striker for us over the years. 2001/2002 he was topscorer. This season, although injured a lot he still has 12 goals.

2. I agree, Saviola is class and one of the better strikers in the world, but would he work in Juve? We need a Point man; a finisher, where would you field Saviola?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
1. Kluivert may not be the paciest of strikers but then neither is Trez. Kluivert also has a footballing brain, can create chances for his team mates, can even play behind the front two, as a target man or second striker. Capable of scoring fantastic goals as well as simple ones (unlike trez who can only get tap ins).

He may have a big ego but then who doesn't? Top footballers generally come with them these days!

2. I'd play him anywhere to be honest, he's a damn sight better than anything we've got to offer right now. True he ain't a target man but he does well for a small guy in the air. Pkus it might actually get us to play proper football instead of kick and rush pub style like we are right now.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

1.Kluivert is not class. he's too slow(handling speed) he's a point man, who plays way too deeply, he has a bad mentality and a big ego.
Trez isn't much faster (if he is, he certainly doesn't make it apparent). I'd actually prefer a point-man who can play deep, get the ball and manage to take it with him into space.

I'm not saying take Kluivert over Trez, but i think the 'weaknesses' you pointed out aren't all that valid

2. I agree, Saviola is class and one of the better strikers in the world, but would he work in Juve? We need a Point man; a finisher, where would you field Saviola?
In Del Piero's place ;)

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_26 ] ++
we dont need new stricker we have David Trezeguet!!!!
i hope is staying forever in Juve because he is GREAT
You love Trezeguet and you love MetallicA :thumb:

I love you :touched: But don't worry: Only a joke ;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Trez isn't much faster (if he is, he certainly doesn't make it apparent). I'd actually prefer a point-man who can play deep, get the ball and manage to take it with him into space.

so you rate strikers according to how they score goals...

personally i dun care how they do it.. i rate them on how many...if they score more or less the same amount of goals, then it still wont be fair to exchange one of our scudetto heroes for them..

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
*sigh*. I wasnt talking in terms of pure speed about Kluivert. But in terms of handling speed/ how Kluivet handles situations. Kluivert just stays on the ball way too long, instead of quik passing or trying to get into space or something similar.

Montero, you are right about Saviola. Putting him upfront, might see us play better football only over the ground. Although, why couldn't we do that earlier with Miccoli..?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
so you rate strikers according to how they score goals...

personally i dun care how they do it.. i rate them on how many...if they score more or less the same amount of goals, then it still wont be fair to exchange one of our scudetto heroes for them..
Read my post again, I never said anything about scoring goals.

Here's how I see the situation. Our midfielders and other forwards work hard to provide Trezeguet with goals, and sometimes he scores them, sometimes he doesn't. So let's say Trez has a great season and scores 30 goals. I imagine the scoring chart would look something like this:

Trezeguet: 30
Nedved: 5
Del Piero: 5

But if we were to have an equally good season, but with a more creative player who makes space and opens up the style of play a bit more (e.g. Kluivert since we're talking about him), I can see something like this:

Kluivert: 15
Del Piero: 15
Nedved: 10

Okay, so they're just numbers being wildly thrown about, but i'm talking about balance here, and I think Trezeguet's goals could possibly come at the expense of the goalscoring opportunities our other players could potentially have.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only thing I worry about Kluivert nowadays is that his confidence might be down. He has not played very well in recent months and probably won't play that much at Euro 2004. I'd go for Zlatan.

Forza Juve

Jan 7, 2004
hahaha

Zambrotta the next Di Livio.

Tacchi the next Deshamps

Appiah the next Davids

Camo the next Becham (yeah i know i could have done much better)

Maresca the next Zizou

Miccoli the next Maradona ( without the drugs)

DP the previous DP

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
hahaha

Zambrotta the next Di Livio.

Tacchi the next Deshamps

Appiah the next Davids

Camo the next Becham (yeah i know i could have done much better)

Maresca the next Zizou

Miccoli the next Maradona ( without the drugs)

DP the previous DP

I could see Appiah becoming the next Davids, if he works alot harder.
and DP could become DP again, maybe?

You mean Camo the next Giggs, right?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
*sigh*. I wasnt talking in terms of pure speed about Kluivert. But in terms of handling speed/ how Kluivet handles situations. Kluivert just stays on the ball way too long, instead of quik passing or trying to get into space or something similar.

Montero, you are right about Saviola. Putting him upfront, might see us play better football only over the ground. Although, why couldn't we do that earlier with Miccoli..?
1. OK, sorry I misunderstood you. You have a valid point about PK often spending too long on the ball, a significant flaw if he was going to play in serie A thats for certain, given the lack of time and space attackers get in Italy. However I'd just be happy to have someone with technical ability up front rather than a goalhanger. Its my personal preference, I don't like lazy goalhangers. PK has all the ability, under the right management to succeed at the highest level in Serie A, with all the chances he'd help create plus his own goals we'd be looking at a much more creative and effective team going forward.

2. No idea, you should ask Lippi that question. Miccoli has been criminally underused this term, though the same could be said of Maresca.

Piotreque

Feb 4, 2004
It's written also on calciomercato, and fichajes.net. The price is 27mln or 25 mln + (Motta or Gabri) and it's probably done.I prefer this second option and i will obtain for Motta deal.He is young left-footed and could play in few positions, he could be a good adition. Who for Trez?I think it will be Cavenaghi but Zlatan or Drogba would be also great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)