Burqa (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I disagree. Any terrorist organization can use this as their key. And I can give you too many example mate.
Terrorist organisations are well known for using cars as their "key". I didn't hear any country ban that now..

No one has the right to force you to do ANYTHING. And I especially mean a God. Your, mine or who's ever!

I lose all credibility in a God who commands such humane things. I mean, if he's really God by the standard definition, doesn't he have better ways to judge our faith? Can't he read our minds? Why does he have to judge someone by their appearance? It's something only a human would think of. If there is a God who had the power to create us and everything around us, he could certainly create a better system to judge our faith. A better system that will let us practice OUR free will at least.
Again, its not in any muslim interpretation that Burqa is a must or a duty of any muslim woman. Its those women's understandings or simply their way of getting closer to God.

Think of it as a Rabbi's beard, he don't HAVE to do it, but they do it out of their own understandings.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
and i your dravidian under-tone, you born tan sexy beast
The political motives aside, do you think this is the same as the military law in France, which allows military personnel to grow a beard or moustache only during periods when they are out of uniform or the U.S Army law which strictly bans beards?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You know you can hide a knife under your kippah. Did you see France forbidding jews from wearing kippah?
Or a nun and her habit?

Or hey -- how about those traveling Asians who wear surgical masks like there's a major SARS outbreak? How about them?

That's why I said they're mentally afraid.
What I disagree with here is that you're presuming a lot about motive. Nothing is ever that singular. Just like the upper middle class teenager who wears baggy pants with his underwear hanging out to emulate his favorite rap video stars, is it safe to assume that he's busy banging hoes and peddling heroin?

Women have no obligation to shower the world with their radiant beauty. They should be able to do whatever the hell they want, even if it means putting a burlap sack over their head that says "potatoes". The hottest new fashion statement from Milan.

When it's abused because someone is publicly shamed into wearing something, the problem isn't the item they are wearing -- the problem is the public shaming. Banning it does not solve the problem.

...white socks with sandals?
That's just criminal!

The political motives aside, do you think this is the same as the military law in France, which allows military personnel to grow a beard or moustache only during periods when they are out of uniform or the U.S Army law which strictly bans beards?
Totally different. The military rule is about enforcing order and discipline in an organization. Hell, even Disney has a rule where employees cannot have facial hair. It's not the same as addressing the root issue, which is external forces imposing their will on women instead of it coming from her per se.

Apr 15, 2006
Terrorist organisations are well known for using cars as their "key". I didn't hear any country ban that now..

Again, its not in any muslim interpretation that Burqa is a must or a duty of any muslim woman. Its those women's understandings or simply their way of getting closer to God.

Think of it as a Rabbi's beard, he don't HAVE to do it, but they do it out of their own understandings.
Wait, I thought Sharia law enforced the women to wear a burqa. Is that incorrect?

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
It is. Burqa is one thing, a veil is another. Sharia law doesn't enforce either one, but it does however state that wearing a viel is a virtue for a muslim woman.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Or a nun and her habit?

Women have no obligation to shower the world with their radiant beauty. They should be able to do whatever the hell they want, even if it means putting a burlap sack over their head that says "potatoes". The hottest new fashion statement from Milan.

and societies like french have no obligation to accept citizens who show no will to assimilate and alienate themselves.I won't even get into whether they are forced or not,i don't care,the fact that burqa prevents communication between people in a proper manner is enough of a reason to ban it.Unless you think that a society where each member wears different full cover masks could ever be functional.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
swag and i covered the giving up of some freedoms by taking up jobs, but that concession is by choice

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's crazy,it's a non story,a country decides its citizens have to show their faces while in public.Good for them,it's their own fvcking right whoever doesn't like it can move to the caves of Afhanistan or Saudi Arabia to enjoy their precious religious freedom.
Si fueris Romae, Romano vivito more...No-one's arguing that. We're simply talking if it's the right thing to do and we're trying to see the motives (which for Deneb here are obvious) behind this law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)