Burqa (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
all these brilliant jokes are made with the assumption no 'sane' woman would want to sport that look, what do we do with the ones who do it by choice? institutionalize them? disagreement with a practice can not interfere with basic personal freedoms

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What does "bloom!!!!" mean?
You obviously never had the chance to post in any of the Juve vs Inter/Milan matches.
:agree: What Rab said.

It's an interjection. A statement of extreme confirmation. A very Tuz-dictionary-like thing.

I applaud you France, even though your people are hairy and smell bad.
:lol: France also banned deodorant, so...

all these brilliant jokes are made with the assumption no 'sane' woman would want to sport that look, what do we do with the ones who do it by choice? institutionalize them? disagreement with a practice can not interfere with basic personal freedoms
Yes and no, though. My right to wear a burqa presents problems when I'm called into a police lineup or have to look like my passport photo when getting on an airplane. Saying the individual has rights to wear whatever they want has limits, as the Naked Guy in Berkeley could have attested.

But it's also true that the assumption is that women would never willingly want to wear one, when I could see it being a great social solution to the bad hair day also.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
agreed, the same way you waive 1st amendment rights when you take a job, so i d understand if going through a security check or driving it'd be against the law, but why would walking in the park wearing burqa be against the law??

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
agreed, the same way you waive 1st amendment rights when you take a job, so i d understand if going through a security check or driving it'd be against the law, but why would walking in the park wearing burqa be against the law??
You should be allowed to wear a burlap sack over your head in France.

Btw, one awesome American legal tactic I heard about this week for women... women declaring their uterus as a corporation. It's genius.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's bloody brilliant. American corporate law in the late 1880s made a bizarre decision, albeit by accident, that supposedly set a precedent for corporations having the same rights as human beings. Basically, it says a corporation is a person.

Incorporating your uterus (it makes babies, can be used as a source of income by surrogate mothers, etc.) is amazingly clever because it both underscores how corporations often have more rights than people and it puts the anti-abortionists/anti-govt-intervention-in-business types in a quandary.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I say no for Burqa! Let them breathe for Christ, Mohammed, and Moses sake. Add to it, it's easy for criminals to hide wearing one of them, and socially it's not helping. I like to see the face of the person I am talking to

Apr 15, 2006
:D

There is a general thinking over here that for whatever crime a man commits against women, women are basically to blame. The best possible thing to do for solving the problem is supposedly to pretend that there is no problem.

Women are banned to go to stadiums in Iran because men are badmouthing each other/players/refs throughout the games and women shouldn't be allowed to hear those dirty talks so they need to get banned from the stadiums and we are fine :D
It pains me to see anyone, let alone you, put a :D smiley next to it all! What a crime to let such discrimination take place! :tdown:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Exactly.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #295
    Women who do it by choice are either mentally afraid or do not want to see further than their sight.

It's in women nature to show their beauty, and by beauty I don't mean showing her thighs or vagina. Therefore, I don't really buy it that a women is happy or satisfied with herself when she hides her hair and face.

What woman would like to marry a guy who can't see her until they're officially married? Doesn't she consider it as a risk and they could end up divorcing if the next day (after their official marriage) he doesn't like her face/her cheeks her I don't know what? Does it make sense?

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    But what kind of a person would want to hide their face? Hide their beauty, their identity? Hide the only thing they can claim to be theirs?

Oh right, a faithfully submissive one. Carry on, then!
    And who has the right to force them not to do a thing that they are believing in?

Women who do it by choice are either mentally afraid or do not want to see further than their sight.
    That is not accurate. Look. I do not have any relative that wears this burqa but I believe that it is their full right to wear it as i think it is not a danger for anybody.

It's in women nature to show their beauty, and by beauty I don't mean showing her thighs or vagina. Therefore, I don't really buy it that a women is happy or satisfied with herself when she hides her hair and face.
    It is your opinion, but the majority of those who wear burqa are so happy because they think they satisfy their God.

What woman would like to marry a guy who can't see her until they're officially married? Doesn't she consider it as a risk and they could end up divorcing if the next day (after their official marriage) he doesn't like her face/her cheeks her I don't know what? Does it make sense?
    Even those who wear burqa DO see their future husbands, and he should see her before marriage. If the guy is serious about proposing to her, he has the whole right in Islam to see her face.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #298
    Yes true, but maybe there's a motive behind this? Like covering yourself helps you hide from cops? Helps you commit crimes? It can be many other reasons...

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    you guys are missing the point, its not a matter of "what would you do" or whether you agree with it or not, it's matter of personal freedom who are you to tell someone how to dress??
    :tup:

My mother wears an abaya (not a veil though) because she wants to. My dad wasn't religious, my granddad wasn't religious and her brother is the same age as I am and he definitely isn't religious. She chose to wear it and I'm glad I live in a country where she can exercise that right. And oh, my mom is damn pretty (unlike me :p)

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Yes true, but maybe there's a motive behind this? Like covering yourself helps you hide from cops? Helps you commit crimes? It can be many other reasons...
    You know you can hide a knife under your kippah. Did you see France forbidding jews from wearing kippah?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)