Bundesliga 2023-24 (7 Viewers)

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Who would people prefer as their number 9 between those two? I'm just happy we had them both at Bayern, both are complete strikers.
I wouldnt say they're both "complete" strikers, because they've been deployed differently and have been asked to do different things in their careers.

Harry Kane at Tottenham, and early during the season with Bayern, loves to drop deep and play balls forward to his wingers. Lewandowski never did that at Bayern because he played with Thomas Muller in his prime. Lewandowski had 1 job at Bayern and it was scoring goals. I also think Lewandowski was more athletic and ran/pressed harder than Kane. How hard guys like Lewandowski, Muller, Coman, Perisic, and Gnabry pressed was a big reason those Bayern teams under Flick won every competition possible.

It would be interesting to see how Kane would have adapted playing with prime Muller.

Both are world class players and will be remembered amongst the best at their position during their era, but I'd take prime Lewandowski over Harry Kane. I also think some of that depends on your system and surrounding talent.

If you took Lewandowski, Kane, Benzema, and Suarez and asked 10 fans to rank them, you'd probably have 7 or 8 different orders.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
35 million for sacha boey is quite insane. not that he is bad, guy is more of a runner.
I'm just glad we didn't end up with a 33 year old Trippier, there's no perspective in that.

It's quite a hefty price for a player in the January window, but we needed to act.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he could become a fan favorite with this mindset, seems he really wanted the move.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@BayernFan

Do you think Leverkusen will be able to hold on to this 5 pt lead? Do they have the depth for it, while playing EL knockouts too?

Y’all should have lost the league last year if Dortmund doesn’t choke at home against 9th place Mainz 05 on the final matchday… will we see more of the same this year, with Leverkusen collapsing in the final few weeks? Or do you think they can actually continue this utter dominance all season?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
@BayernFan

Do you think Leverkusen will be able to hold on to this 5 pt lead? Do they have the depth for it, while playing EL knockouts too?

Y’all should have lost the league last year if Dortmund doesn’t choke at home against 9th place Mainz 05 on the final matchday… will we see more of the same this year, with Leverkusen collapsing in the final few weeks? Or do you think they can actually continue this utter dominance all season?
Leverkusen are definitely winning it this year. They're a way more cohesive unit than Dortmund was and also playing x10 times the football. Us being this close to them is only due to Kane, but even he can't save this shit show.

Tuchel is a massive fraud and I can't wait for him to be gone. Imagine Kahn and Brazzo thought it was a good idea to sack Nagelsmann for this shit fraud of a coach.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that’s to MDL’s credit, really. Bayern has one of the most fucked up managers they have ever had.
He clearly hates De Ligt, he was the number 1 CB last year and probably our best player during the season. Tuchel seems to hold a grudge against him.

And Tuchel doesn't play those who performed well during last game, he has a few favorites he sticks to no matter the cost. Take this game as an example, De Ligt had been really solid for the last 3-4 games and scored a great header against Gladbach last matchday to win us a close game. What does Tuchel do? He puts him on the bench, even when there's absolutely no reason to do so.

This is not performance related, but simply due to Tuchel being a small man.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Leverkusen are definitely winning it this year. They're a way more cohesive unit than Dortmund was and also playing x10 times the football. Us being this close to them is only due to Kane, but even he can't save this shit show.

Tuchel is a massive fraud and I can't wait for him to be gone. Imagine Kahn and Brazzo thought it was a good idea to sack Nagelsmann for this shit fraud of a coach.
You think you guys will poach Xabi this summer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)