Bundesliga 2023-24 (5 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Was Naglesmann better or tuchel worst?
Nagelsmann wasn't perfect (but so is no manager) and made many mistakes, but he was still at least a class if not two above Tuchel.

- - - Updated - - -

Leverkusen do though. They’re having an incredible season so far.
I honestly wish them success, mostly because they have Xabi as a coach. He deserves all the best.

And it will be good for Bayern to lose out so that the hunger can build up again.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Was Naglesmann better or tuchel worst?
Both are flawed, but Nagelsmann was much more flexible. Tuchel continues to try to force round pegs into square holes.

And to be fair to Tuchel, they shouldnt have hired him if they werent going to sign players to fit how he wants to play. But Tuchel isnt doing a good enough job adjusting to the talent he has.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
I'm not a huge Tuchel fan, but the players need to take some accountability as well. I watched most of the first half and the Bayern players looked like they were giving about 50% effort, giving the ball away over and over again so carelessly, and letting Werder Bremen run them off the pitch on counter attacks. Where is the leadership and accountability on the pitch?

Bayern is so soft and slow in the midfield and offer zero resistance. When they play the big boys in the Champions League, they'll get exposed there unless they make some serious changes. Playing Guerreiro next to Kimmich in the midfield is laughable. Although to be fair to Tuchel, they didnt get him the defensive midfielder he publicly begged for through the media.

Bayern dont feel like Bayern to me right now. They're still one of the best clubs in the world, but they just dont feel like they're in cohesion as a club and on the same page. Some of that probably has to do with so many important people in important positions being fired and replaced over the past 12 months. They need some stability and direction again. Hiring a coach, then firing the people who hired that coach, and then having the new people in charge not signing the players the coach wants to fit how he plays is a recipe for disaster. They either need to be all in on Tuchel, sign players for his system, and put 100% trust in him, or hire a new manager after the season (unless Bayern have a great 2nd half of course)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I'm not a huge Tuchel fan, but the players need to take some accountability as well. I watched most of the first half and the Bayern players looked like they were giving about 50% effort, giving the ball away over and over again so carelessly, and letting Werder Bremen run them off the pitch on counter attacks. Where is the leadership and accountability on the pitch?

Bayern is so soft and slow in the midfield and offer zero resistance. When they play the big boys in the Champions League, they'll get exposed there unless they make some serious changes. Playing Guerreiro next to Kimmich in the midfield is laughable. Although to be fair to Tuchel, they didnt get him the defensive midfielder he publicly begged for through the media.

Bayern dont feel like Bayern to me right now. They're still one of the best clubs in the world, but they just dont feel like they're in cohesion as a club and on the same page. Some of that probably has to do with so many important people in important positions being fired and replaced over the past 12 months. They need some stability and direction again. Hiring a coach, then firing the people who hired that coach, and then having the new people in charge not signing the players the coach wants to fit how he plays is a recipe for disaster. They either need to be all in on Tuchel, sign players for his system, and put 100% trust in him, or hire a new manager after the season (unless Bayern have a great 2nd half of course)
Seems to me the hunger isn’t there, top that with a coach who doesn’t have the backing of many players. The players thing I can’t prove, but it’s the feeling you get watching us play. And Tuchels of the pitch comment often don’t help.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
They'll probably just raid Leverkusen and take Alonso, Wirtz, and Frimpong from them. At least that would be my strategy if I'm running Bayern. I wouldn't give 2 shits about the negative PR I'd get from it.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Currently Kane. 3 years ago Lewandowski. 3 years from now Vlahovic.
But if we take away the age and physical decline, who do you think is better between them? For me it's close to impossible to say. Before Kane came here I was always of the impression Lewandowski was at least slightly better, but I'll admit I also had a fair amount of bias.

Now after seeing Kane for Bayern I ain't so sure any longer. He's just extremely good.

- - - Updated - - -

Arjen :heart:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
If we're comparing prime Lewandowski vs prime Kane, its not even a question.

Prime Lewandowski.

How is that even a question?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

Prime Lewandowski.

I mean Lewa has certainly won way more on a club level ( but so have most players compared to Kane :lol:), also individually where he won the European Golden Shoe twice, was voted the Worlds best player twice, topscorer in the CL etc.

But watching Kane here with us, I think he could've done at least as good a job over time. And he joined a Bayern team who seems to be on a slow but noticeable decline. Lewa for the most parts played for a superior Bayern team I'd argue, he also had better coaches in Pep, Ancelotti and Jupp. Not to forget Flick.

And not to forget Kane playing his whole career in a much inferior team in Tottenham, but still managing to score something like 20+ goals in the PL on a yearly basis.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Kane is just hitting his prime though.
Kane turns 31 this summer and hasn't won shit. So he's about to spend in his prime in the worst era for Bayern in recent memory? Looking good for him then.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Lewa has certainly won way more on a club level ( but so have most players compared to Kane :lol:), also individually where he won the European Golden Shoe twice, was voted the Worlds best player twice, topscorer in the CL etc.

But watching Kane here with us, I think he could've done at least as good a job over time. And he joined a Bayern team who seems to be on a slow but noticeable decline. Lewa for the most parts played for a superior Bayern team I'd argue, he also had better coaches in Pep, Ancelotti and Jupp. Not to forget Flick.

And not to forget Kane playing his whole career in a much inferior team in Tottenham, but still managing to score something like 20+ goals in the PL on a yearly basis.
I mean, he was probably the best or second best pure striker in the world at 30. Kane is 31 this summer and has never been that.

- - - Updated - - -

Kane has never and probably will never be anywhere near this level.

chrome_IW9rJhsqIU.png

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Prime Lewandowski.

Thank you. It’s batshit crazy reading prime Kane is as good as or better than prime Lewandowski. Lol

People forgetting Lewandowski dragging Dortmund to that 12-13 CL final with 10 goals in CL?

Or his 2019-20 campaign with 55 goals in 47 appearances, including 15 goals in 10 CL matches to help Bayern win CL.

2020-21 with 41 goals in 29 league matches.

He scored over 40 goals for 7 straight seasons at Bayern. Insane consistency.

Kane will have to set the world on fire for several years at Bayern to even come close to Lewandowski.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Kane turns 31 this summer and hasn't won shit. So he's about to spend in his prime in the worst era for Bayern in recent memory? Looking good for him then.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, he was probably the best or second best pure striker in the world at 30. Kane is 31 this summer and has never been that.
But some of that also have to do with him playing for a way inferior team for all of his career up until now. I still believe Kane has been up there as one of the best strikers while at Tottenham, but I also didn't put him in the same bracket as Suarez, Lewandowski etc.

Kane in a prime Bayern era would've been hitting numbers like Lewandowski would and also won the big individual accolades.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. It’s batshit crazy reading prime Kane is as good as or better than prime Lewandowski. Lol

People forgetting Lewandowski dragging Dortmund to that 12-13 CL final with 10 goals in CL?

Or his 2019-20 campaign with 55 goals in 47 appearances, including 15 goals in 10 CL matches to help Bayern win CL.

Kane will have to set the world on fire for several years at Bayern to even come close to Lewandowski.
Like mentioned earlier I also used to hold these views. But recently I started to doubt if Lewa really was superior or it was due to him playing in a way better team and also an inferior league as the BL is compared to the PL.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Kane has never and probably will never be anywhere near this level.

chrome_IW9rJhsqIU.png
That says more about Bayern and Tottenham than it says about Kane.
BTW, at the age of 30, Kane has 388 goals. Lewandowski had 402 at that age, so it isn’t a big difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)