Bundesliga 2023-24 (11 Viewers)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Arent Germany and Bayern like 90% identical? Flick just lost the dressing room with that Japan game. Flick with Germany has been a huge disappointment. I didnt expect Germany to win WC, but i expected Germany to at least make knockouts and depending there, give a difficult game to the opponent, losing on ET or pens. But that wasnt the case.
I don’t think they are identical much anymore. Nationals teams and clubs have different strategies. They play simpler because national players meet less often than club ones. So, teaching them tricky tactics is tough. They need practice, but there's little time.

Germany has many skilled players. But I think Flick's strong attack style won't work. It worked for Bayern since he had more prep time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Bayern Munich and the German NT is like night and day these days.

It’s also the first time in many years no CB’s on the German team plays for Bayern. The national team is not really dominated by Bayern players as it used to be.

Soon Müller and Neuer will retire from there and it will be even less.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
From what i remember, german journalist criticized Flick tactics during WC. That he is trying to play Bayern way with Germany but Germany doesnt have Lewandowski or Alfonso Davies who were important for Bayern under Flick. So there is that link i was talking about. And Müller cant score for Germany for years. Wasnt he top scorer 2010? So a decade ago.

Meanwhile Sane, Müller, Goretzka, Gnabry, Neuer, Kimmich, Musiala is still 7 out of 11. Last World Cup in winter all started at some point. And Bayern won league only last 10 minutes.

Mertesacker was starting CB for years. Never played for Bayern. Plenty of core players who were not at Bayern when Germany won or was competitive. 2002 Kahn aside, most players were not Bayern.

If there is problem with CBs then why the league buys Bonuccis instead of developing young CBs who can then move from Onion Berlin to Bayern.

Also Kimmich could have been made into CB at some point. But they make him a midfielder.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
From what i remember, german journalist criticized Flick tactics during WC. That he is trying to play Bayern way with Germany but Germany doesnt have Lewandowski or Alfonso Davies who were important for Bayern under Flick. So there is that link i was talking about. And Müller cant score for Germany for years. Wasnt he top scorer 2010? So a decade ago.

Meanwhile Sane, Müller, Goretzka, Gnabry, Neuer, Kimmich, Musiala is still 7 out of 11. Last World Cup in winter all started at some point. And Bayern won league only last 10 minutes.

Mertesacker was starting CB for years. Never played for Bayern. Plenty of core players who were not at Bayern when Germany won or was competitive. 2002 Kahn aside, most players were not Bayern.

If there is problem with CBs then why the league buys Bonuccis instead of developing young CBs who can then move from Onion Berlin to Bayern.

Also Kimmich could have been made into CB at some point. But they make him a midfielder.
What? :lol:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Kimmich as a CB was only due to us having Boateng, Badstuber, Benatia and Javi Martinez out with injuries all at the same time - not often you have all 4 CB’s out injured :lol:

Imagine we actually had to play with Alaba and Kimmich as a CB duo for some time because of that lol.

Jul 15, 2006
This is how Ronaldo imagines in his mind his free kicks are going to go when he steps up for consecutive miss #168.
Different technique I'd say — feel like Cristiano tries (and fails most of the time) to thundercunt/knuckleball them more.

Leverkusen getting him was a scoop.
For sure especially since their not playing in Champions League — he got a high salary though (€6m). He's on that Alex Sandro money :lol2:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
He plays target man but also drops deep and hits many assists. Kane alone is more productive than our entire attack and midfield. Finally in his career, in this Bayern with capable teammates, he's going to do Haaland numbers for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)