Bundesliga 2023-24 (10 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Meh. Meaningless game.

Tuchel has been absolute shit since taking over though.
Sacking Nagelsmann was honestly a massive brainfart from Kahn and Brazzo. Glad both are gone.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of Nagelsmann, but he wouldn’t have done worse than Tuchel right now.

Not to forget we were through to the CL QF’s after just having beaten PSG, entering the quarters of the DFB pokal and leading the Bundesliga as well as I remember it.

But apparantly to Kahn “thE trEblE wAs iN dAngeR”. He ensured we was milimeters away from a treble in not winning a single trophy.

- - - Updated - - -

Club is tired of winning it seems. There's a lack of hunger.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I know its modern game but something about Tuchel is just off, he doesnt last in one club more than 2 years. Meanwhile look at Klopp, Guardiola etc building legacies. Tuchel will probably be gone by christmas once again.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I know its modern game but something about Tuchel is just off, he doesnt last in one club more than 2 years. Meanwhile look at Klopp, Guardiola etc building legacies. Tuchel will probably be gone by christmas once again.
People forget that tuchel is actually just a German Allegri. When people wanted Tuchel to replace Allegri last season you can tell they never seen Tuchel manage ever, they all thought he must have been some more refined version of nagglesmann

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He’s a total clown. You can tell just by looking at how he presents himself.

- - - Updated - - -

But atleast tuchel won a CL lel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meh. He got lucky that year. Even though I hate Allegri and think he’s the worst manager ever, I bet he could have won it that year, too.

Apr 12, 2004
BRING
BACK
NAGS!

- - - Updated - - -

I watched the entire game on Saturday and we looked flat the entire time. I don't like Sane right now, he's too erratic. Kimmy and Laimer play together like blind people. Goretzka needs to play more. Korea and MDL need to be the back two pairing. Maz should be the starter at RB whether Pavard is resigned or kept for just this year.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
BRING
BACK
NAGS!

- - - Updated - - -

I watched the entire game on Saturday and we looked flat the entire time. I don't like Sane right now, he's too erratic. Kimmy and Laimer play together like blind people. Goretzka needs to play more. Korea and MDL need to be the back two pairing. Maz should be the starter at RB whether Pavard is resigned or kept for just this year.
Don't take this the wrong way but I hope Leipzig wins the Bundesliga.

Apr 12, 2004
AZ captures how Holger Badstuber, who was contracted to Bayern Munich from 2002 to 2017 and retired from football as recently as September 2022, wrote in his column that Kane is “important, but the biggest problem in the squad has not been fixed yet.” Which, of course, is the “number 6 in defensive midfield.”
Badstuber wants a defensive midfielder to be “physically strong, big, can win 50-50 duels and deals with difficult defensive situations.” To him, none of Bayern’s current midfield personnel in Joshua Kimmich, leon Goretzka, Konrad Laimer and Ryan Gravenberch fits the bill.
Of course, it has been widely reported that Thomas Tuchel is of the same opinion as Badstuber and has pushed the board to sign a defensive midfielder. Does Bayern have the budget to sign a defensive midfielder after the record breaking transfer of Harry Kane? Is there still a defensive midfielder available of the quality Bayern would want this late in the transfer window? The likelihood is no, but the window still runs for two more weeks. Let’s see what Bayern can pull out of their hat at the last second.

Apr 12, 2004
Rifts developing at Bayern Munich over Thomas Tuchel’s demands for Joshua Kimmich?

Bayern Munich’s plans for midfield maestro Joshua Kimmich this season have long been reported to feature a shift in his role, from the No. 6 position in defensive midfield to a more advanced role in attack as a No. 8.

Now a report from Sport Bild alleges that the driving force for the change is manager Thomas Tuchel — and that neither Kimmich himself nor the Bayern bosses are best pleased about it.

Via @iMiaSanMia:

Thomas Tuchel’s demands for a new holding midfielder annoy not only the bosses, but also the team. The point of discussion is that Kimmich sees himself in this role, while Tuchel sees him more as a #8​

Kimmich is currently far away from his top form and makes mistakes that, according to the coaching staff, shouldn’t happen to him.​
In a personal conversation, Tuchel is said to have recently ‘accused’ Kimmich of slowing down the game - a criticism that, although justified, does not strengthen Kimmich’s self-confidence.​
BFW Analysis

Kimmich’s preference to play in midfield, where he can pull the strings for the Bayern attack, has long been a topic for discussion. Is he defensive enough? Can he resist pressure well?

But among the midfielders on Bayern’s roster, it would seem the former right-back is the most ‘6’ out of a group heavy on the ‘8’s: Leon Goretzka, Konrad Laimer, Ryan Gravenberch, even Jamal Musiala.

It’s possible what Tuchel prefers is a destroyer type with two 8s ahead of him. Surely, though, Kimmich — whose strengths include his passing ability, especially long range — offers one of the best links to attack that Bayern can muster?

Perhaps Kimmich can occasionally be ponderous in possession as he picks out his targets, and Tuchel wants more vertical progression quickly — so that by the time the ball reaches him upfield, Kimmich can then measure his passes as he likes. Even then, who better than Kimmich to act as conductor and tempo-setter?
And maybe this explains Bayern’s tepid links to an alleged position of interest all transfer window long.

So what’s Tuchel trying to do here? Is he grating on the squad already? Is there even anything to this report? Guess we’ll soon find out.

- - - Updated - - -

:shifty:

What the fuck is he doing>

Apr 12, 2004
Report: Bayern Munich rolling with Sven Ulreich; next goalkeeper will fill No. 3 role

According to a report from Bild journalists Tobi Altschäffl and Heiko Niedderer, Bayern Munich’s transfer committee met today and decided to no longer pursue “emergency No.1”-type goalkeepers.

Instead, the Bavarians will seek out a third goalkeeper, who would be considered more of a prospect that is pro-ready, but maybe not primed for the big stage just yet:

Following today’s meeting of the transfer committee, Bayern have decided they will no longer look for an ‘emergency #1’ in goal replacing (Manuel) Neuer. Instead, the club will now look to sign a backup for Sven Ulreich. The bosses are happy with Ulreich’s performances and trust him to be a starter until Neuer returns.​
With the new strategy, Bayern will now look for a goalkeeper a class below (Stefan) Ortega — (David) de Gea — (Yassine Bounou) Bono. A backup for Ulreich is cheaper than an emergency replacement for Neuer.​
One name that could fit the bill per Transfermarkt journalist Luca Bendoni is Maccabi Tel Aviv’s Daniel Peretz, who is just 23-years-old (as captured by @iMiaSanMia):

Daniel Peretz is a name to keep an eye on in Bayern’s goalkeeper options. The club is exploring conditions of a deal. Peretz is 23, Israeli with German passport, seen as an interesting talent. 7 matches played in UEFA Conference League with Maccabi Tel Aviv.​
The need for another goalkeeper might have been able to be avoided if the club did not loan out Johannes Schenk so early in the window, but that is water under the bridge. One name to keep an eye on is former Bayern Munich goalkeeper Christian Früchtl, who is proving himself at Austria Wien and could be an option.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Great. First an Englisher, now an Israeli.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I haven't really followed Euro football in 3 or 4 years, but I actually stopped to watch the last Bundesliga 22-23 round. And I'll never forget it. This was the biggest choke job I've ever seen from a club, and will probably always be. You kind of feel sorry for Dortmund.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)

• Enron