Bug reports (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
sometimes the response on this site is sloooooooow and whenever i post a new thread i end up refreshing it causing it to double post, which i know must annoy the mods and im sorry, but its def sumthing up with this site thats making it slow.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

ok..i gotta ask this. lately, actually the last 2,3 months, i am having trouble with this site. like the server is COMPLETELLY unresponsive. today i was trying to open the site from 8:00am to 16:00pm. i have just managed to open it. roughly every day for more than 5,6 hours this site is impossible to open. i can open any other page but not this one. is it just me or is everyone having the same problem?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
vlatko said:
ok..i gotta ask this. lately, actually the last 2,3 months, i am having trouble with this site. like the server is COMPLETELLY unresponsive. today i was trying to open the site from 8:00am to 16:00pm. i have just managed to open it. roughly every day for more than 5,6 hours this site is impossible to open. i can open any other page but not this one. is it just me or is everyone having the same problem?
Well, personally I have no problem...

What's your operating system??

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

ReBeL said:
Well, personally I have no problem...

What's your operating system??
xp pro on my 2 work pcs, and xp pro + ubuntu linux on my home pc. both at work and home i couldn't open the site untill 15 mins ago. and it's like that every day.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
vlatko said:
xp pro on my 2 work pcs, and xp pro + ubuntu linux on my home pc. both at work and home i couldn't open the site untill 15 mins ago. and it's like that every day.
Well, I never used this ubuntu thing, so I'll leave it for PC experts here...

I can't do anything but wishing you a good luck in the next days:p

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Martin said:
Likely to be a network issue, not OS specific.
probaly. what i don't get is the fact i can open ANY other site except this one. i tried on 3 separate pcs numerous times, with 2 separate internet connections, both dsl though and i couldn't open it. i don't know what gives.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
vlatko said:
I was online for a couple of those hours and had no trouble.

Any ideas Martin on what could do that for one member and not another?

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #377
    Network congestion I imagine. Affects one location more than other. Buggy DNS also plays a part very often, browser can't lookup the IP so it says host unresolved, even though the server is running perfectly fine.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Martin said:
    Network congestion I imagine. Affects one location more than other. Buggy DNS also plays a part very often, browser can't lookup the IP so it says host unresolved, even though the server is running perfectly fine.
    so basically i can't do anything.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #379
    vlatko said:
    so basically i can't do anything.
    When it comes to DNS, there is one thing you can do. Just keep in mind that sites change servers and when they do, you'll have to redo this.

in /etc/hosts add:
    Code:
    62.75.214.109   juventuz.com www.juventuz.com
    Now your browser doesn't need DNS to find this site, so when the DNS server fails, you'll still be able to connect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)