Buffon: Shame on you! (1 Viewer)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
    Buffon is just whineing and making excuses. Even if the Sweden - Denmark game was fixed, he couldn't have seen it!!. So really, how does he know one way or the other? Why doesn't he go back and actually watch the match, then make accusiations. As it stands now, he looks like a fool and a sore loser.

As for supporting Juve and the Italian national team, they are very seperate things. I love Juve and I support the US National team. I do like the Azzuri, and I root for them in competitions like this, but when the two sides play there isn't any question who I am rooting for. In may parts of the world, we can't look to our domestic leagues for world class football so we have to find another squad in another country. I'm disapointed that Italy lost but I'm not devestated as I would be if I were a big supporter.

Yeah, same here. Bosnias domestic league is utter shite and I've been supporting Juve for 8 years, and because of that I have a liking for the Italian NT, but when it comes one of my nations or Italy, it really isnt a question.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

I understand that you are euphoric about sweden going to next round...but really is shaming you attitude, i really dont think your a real juve supporter...in other posts, you were enjoying Italy fall...

I mean, no problem, you have right to feel like you want...but is sad reading your post coming from a "supposed" Juve fan.....
    I posted this because I'm a Sweden fan? I really dont understand how those two are connected.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yes, and I do actually, I've been to all home matches in the Euro quals, made a thread here about the Bosnia-Denmark match (which could have taken us to EURO 2004), and I even made a 1000+ word preview of the match for Soccerage.

But I also support Sweden because it actually IS my second nation, it's the country that gave me shelter during the war and a country I spent 4 years of my life in, a country where a lot of my family still lives.

So I actually have quite a conection to it.

EDIT: And I actually support Bosnia more passionately tha I do Sweden.
    But I don't see why you can't support another country passionately, if you have no ties to it. Why does that matter? If you've watched a team play for many years, and became accustomed to it, you are a fan of that team/Nation. You can support any team you want to.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    I agree you can support any team you want, but a lot of people are acting like it's the end of the world. It's just a game ffs.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I agree you can support any team you want, but a lot of people are acting like it's the end of the world. It's just a game ffs.
    True, its just a game. But if we have this attitude, why would we be here in the first place?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Arhhhh I don't know what to believe. Maybe it was fixed, but maybe it wasn't and "bad luck" is still hovering around Italy. I just hate seeing Italy fail like this. It brings back horrible memories from when I first started to love world football.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Arhhhh I don't know what to believe. Maybe it was fixed, but maybe not. I just hate seeing Italy fail like like this. It brings back horrible memories from when I first started to love world football.
    It's natural to get defensive and look to blame others at first...

I dont think it was fixed... it was in the back of their heads as they played and it happened. The fans pissed me off with all the 2-2 banners?!!
    have they no pride?! they settle for a draw when they should be aiming for first place... that's just sad...

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Like I said before, I dont think that it was a 2-2 draw and only players will know. Maybe not all of them contributed to make a draw but others just decided to give a "favour" to the other team. It will stay in their conscience forever, and what goes around comes around, especially in football.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

kinda neat, eh? i wondered if everyone else saw it as a flag too!

you figure it out :D
    Do a line like this _ and make it size 500 or something, color it and bold it im thinking:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)