Buffon: I'll be back (6 Viewers)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
he is not been rushed back when he got injured the medical staff said 3-4 months thats the lenght he has been out, one thing for sure is juve will not take any stupid risks, when he is ready and recovered he will play.

i hope he is back asap to play in some of decembers games like cagliari
and siena to give him match practice and rebuild his confidence and bravery so he will be raring to go in january with some games under his belt and no doubts or demons inside.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
if all the talk from gigi is true that he is targeting the treviso game as a comeback, then i would not be surprised to see him on the bench in rome

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Buffon: "Torno a dicembre, non voglio rischiare"
11 11 2005

Gigi Buffon non vuole affrettare i tempi del suo rientro e prevede di poter tornare tra i pali per i primi di dicembre: "I tempi di recupero saranno rispettati, tornerò ai primi di dicembre, come previsto, ma se non sarò al massimo resterò fuori: rischiare non ha senso". Buffon si era infortunato alla spalla lo scorso 14 agosto.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Buffon back in training

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is closing on a return to action after returning to training.

The Italian international has not played this season after picking up a shoulder problem in pre-season.

Buffon has made a quicker than expected recovery from the injury and could be back in action by December.

"The shoulder agility has been regained at 100 percent and I'm now back at training on dives, although cautiously.

"In any case, I'm not going to anticipate my comeback, the recovery schedule must be followed thoroughly".

Buffon has not set himself any target for making his comeback.

"I'll be back when I'm ready and able to play at my best," added Buffon.

"Until that time, I'd rather stay away. It would be no use going on the pitch and being scared of a dive or a clearance.

"Under this point of view, I must say I'm happy as I'm not scared of diving, it's quite the opposite. It all comes naturally and spontaneous."

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Buffon: “I’ll be back at 100%”

“The shoulder agility has been regained at 100% and I’m now back on training on dives, although cautiously. In any case, I’m not going to anticipate my comeback: the recovery schedule must be followed thoroughly”.

Reasonably, Buffon doesn’t want to anticipate the deadline, also because there’s isn’t much time left before his comeback: “I’ll be back when I’m ready and able to play at my best. Until that time, I’d rather stay away. It would be no use going on the pitch and being scared of a dive or a clearance. Under this point of view, I must say I’m happy as I’m not scared of diving, it’s quite the opposite. It all comes naturally and spontaneous.”

We’ll see the real Buffon from the beginning of December, then: “Well, there might be some difficulty at first but it won’t be caused by physical problems. When you’re away for a long time, you need a while before regaining your own position, your movements… To come back against Fiorentina in Coppa Italia? I’d love to, it’s been seven years since I last played in that tournament; it nearly means like a World Cup to me!”.

Gigi jokes willingly, which proves he’s feeling good, although being away from the playground is hard to handle for a champion like him: “When you’re away, you certainly miss many things, even those considered to be negative such as pressure or critics and also those aspects that make you feel a professional. Anyway, I have a good character and I never lost heart, like when I had to miss the UEFA EURO 2000 for an injury. I always try to look at the good side of things, so I hope that if I’m able to get back as strong as before, or even stronger, the last three months and a half of forced break might help me prolong my carreer or at least help me do well in the last part of the season.”

If Gigi could spend his recovery time with serenity it was also thanks to Abbiati, who was a distinguished substitute: “I was pleased that my injury gave him the chance to get back on playing at the level he deserves. Christian behaved greatly, he also earned his place back in the International team and I’m happy about it. Everyone played well so far; from outside, I saw a team aware of being stronger than last year, who has a remarkable physical power on their side and who did not lose their characteristics: cynicism, aggression and humility”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)