Buffon: I'll be back (7 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Buffon on the road to recovery Thursday 6 October, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigi Buffon is confident that he will be back in action by December as he continues to recover from a serious shoulder injury.

The Juve shot-stopper suffered the injury against Milan in pre-season, although the Bianconeri have not struggled in his absence.

The San Siro outfit promptly offered them Christian Abbiati as a temporary replacement and the ‘keeper has proved a worthy deputy thus far.

“I think Abbiati has played superbly and he was the decisive factor against Udinese,” said Buffon.

"And I'm following the expected path to recovery. In the middle of November I will be going back to training and I believe I will be returning to action around the beginning of December.

The Azzurri No 1 does have some reservations about his return though. "I have to admit that, in comparison with previous injuries, this scared me more,” he continued.

"Sustaining a shoulder injury as a goalkeeper is not good, but I am feeling good and I hope that my teammates will have kept us at the top of the League when I return.”

source: channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
Cmon BUFFON!!! I hope that this injury doesnt affect his confidence when he returns (like what happened to Del Piero). At least now with Abbiati there is some competition in the Keeper department.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

The Azzurri No 1 does have some reservations about his return though. "I have to admit that, in comparison with previous injuries, this scared me more,” he continued.

"Sustaining a shoulder injury as a goalkeeper is not good, but I am feeling good and I hope that my teammates will have kept us at the top of the League when I return.”
I hope that Buffon doesn't lose his bravery, that together with his insane reflexes and his ability to get up quickly made him the best keeper in the world.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I suspect he'll need a considerable amount of time getting back from injury, obviously there is no point in rushing him back and risking anything especially if Abbiati is playing well.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
right.

but what i'm afraid most,is that gigi may never be the old gigi he was. :down:

i won't be surprised if i see him hesitate to make a move,or receing goals he wouldn't if everything was fine

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    I suspect he'll need a considerable amount of time getting back from injury, obviously there is no point in rushing him back and risking anything especially if Abbiati is playing well.
    Exactly, that's y we took the loan of Abbiati for a year. We shouldn't rush Buffon back to the squad immediately. Monitor his condition during training would be better instead.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
    right.

i won't be surprised if i see him hesitate to make a move,or receing goals he wouldn't if everything was fine

Nah! i disagree Lili. Buffon is too good for that. he'll be just as good!! Trust me!:D

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Right.I totally agree with you Desmond.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    Buffon on the road to recovery
    Thursday 6 October, 2005
    Gigi Buffon is confident that he will be back in action by December as he continues to recover from a serious shoulder injury.

The Juve shot-stopper suffered the injury against Milan in pre-season, although the Bianconeri have not struggled in his absence.

The San Siro outfit promptly offered them Christian Abbiati as a temporary replacement and the ‘keeper has proved a worthy deputy thus far.

“I think Abbiati has played superbly and he was the decisive factor against Udinese,” said Buffon.

"And I'm following the expected path to recovery. In the middle of November I will be going back to training and I believe I will be returning to action around the beginning of December.

Juve89

The Farmer
    May 27, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
    right.

I don't think so..... he will be even better!!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++

++ [ originally posted by Jigga ] ++

Nah! i disagree Lili. Buffon is too good for that. he'll be just as good!! Trust me!:D
    i wish you are both right,cause i am scared of what will we see after gigi comes back

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++
    There'll always be that niggling little question when you see him concede a goal, "Would he have stopped that before his injury?" Even if the answer is no, the question will linger. We'll see.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Yeah, no need to play him early, as long as we're doing good and as long as we're on the top we can wait for him to be fully fit...

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

There'll always be that niggling little question when you see him concede a goal, "Would he have stopped that before his injury?" Even if the answer is no, the question will linger. We'll see.
    I REALLY hope he doesn't go through what DP did... It's the worst thing to happen to a player.. :down:

Forza Gigi! Forza Alex!

FORZA JUVENTUS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)