Branislav Ivanovic (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Why has he never played for Chelsea? Has he been injured or anything?

According to Wikipedia,
As of May 24, 2008, Ivanovic is yet to make his first team debut for Chelsea, due to a lack of match fitness which is caused by the Russian league season being over when Chelsea signed him. He has played numerous times for the Chelsea reserve side however, and is expected to be more involved with the first team next season .

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I think Chelsea will keep Carvalho now that Scolari is their coach. They also have Alex, Terry, that other guy at CB and Belletti/Ferreira/Bosingwa at RB. Ferreira won't play LB since they already have Cole and Bridge.

loan + option to buy is the way to go.

OP
francesco

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
  • Thread Starter #25
    Why has he never played for Chelsea? Has he been injured or anything?

According to Wikipedia,
    As of May 24, 2008, Ivanovic is yet to make his first team debut for Chelsea, due to a lack of match fitness which is caused by the Russian league season being over when Chelsea signed him. He has played numerous times for the Chelsea reserve side however, and is expected to be more involved with the first team next season .
    well im pretty sure that Mourinho was the one who signed Ivanovic. Then Grant come in so i guess he didnt like him. Wether he has been injured at all during his time at Chelsea i dont know..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    The Russian season ended and Chelsea signed Ivanovic.
    Basically, the guy played a full season with Lokomotiv and signed for Chelsea while they were at half season. Conditionally he was way behind the others in Chelsea.

Ok, this certainly isn't the main reason why he didn't play but it's probably one of the reasons why he stood no chance against the Chelsea Cb's (Carvalho, Terry, Alex), who are superior to him anyway (atm, at least).
    Another thing is that after he joined them every match for Chelsea was do or die. They were chasing ManU in the league and playing knock out's in CL.
    Grant couldn't afford resting his main players and experimenting with Ivanovic.

He's a good defender, no doubts about that. The reason why he didn't play certainly isn't because he's no good.
    He looks great in partnership with Vidic, but i'm yet to see him play for a great club against great opposition (actually, i saw him once in such match, against Portugal, and he's been terrific) and i can't form an opinion about him and say if he's a player we should sign or not.

Dano

Jul 5, 2006
    The reason why he hasn’t played 1 minute is because, at the time when Chelsea signed him (late January possibly even early February), every game to Chelsea was as big as a cup final. They were trailing Man United in the Premier League, were doing well in the Champions League, and were still in the race for 1 of there domestic cups at the time. Chelsea needed to put out there best players, and unfortunately for Ivanovic, his fitness was nowhere near Chelsea standard due to him playing a full season (every game in fact) for his previous Russian club.

Marko

GhostDog
    May 1, 2006
    I think Chelsea will keep Carvalho now that Scolari is their coach. They also have Alex, Terry, that other guy at CB and Belletti/Ferreira/Bosingwa at RB. Ferreira won't play LB since they already have Cole and Bridge.

loan + option to buy is the way to go.
    Who's that gipsy on your avatar?:spliff:

Now back on topic, why pay less when you can pay more.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
    let's do this. Loan him for a year. No risks, no big spending. If he's worth it, we can profit 1 year from his abilities and then either splash some huge amount for him, or let him go back to rot on the chelsea-bench. In the meantime we'll have earned some money, and maybe have alternatives (either out of our own youth, criscito e.g. or from abroad)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)