• Mantovani (N)

• Donadel (Y)

• Donadel (N)

• G. Delvechhio (Y)

• G. Delvecchio (N)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well, there aren't many intelectual discussions anymore, after you left. We miss you for that.
Now no-one can explain to us the influence of the cultural climate of the training environment on physicians' self-perception of competence and preparedness for practice.

Hopefully you'll be back fulltime as soon as possible and answer some questions.

I'm fine, thanks.
:lol2:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
i bet the ones that did vote for schweini did not even watch 5 games from him this season

again he was substituted and did totally nothing
He may have lost focus and determination, like Mancini did, before he quit Roma...
But Swein is a classy player and possibly a good bargain...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i bet the ones that did vote for schweini did not even watch 5 games from him this season

again he was substituted and did totally nothing
Schweinsteiger is a unmotivated player now, you can't judge him solely at this moment. The performances he made before were not an accident, especially for the NT, he just needs a change of enviroment and for someone to show faith in him again. For free, Schweinsteiger could be as big of a coup as Cannavaro was.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
He may have lost focus and determination, like Mancini did, before he quit Roma...
But Swein is a classy player and possibly a good bargain...
as far as i remember did mancini at least show up sometimes and bring something to the table. schweinsteiger was consistent bad the last two seasons..

sure could he be a bargain, just because he is free... but we're not at the stock market here ... it's not like "buy cheap, sell expensive" . . . the player should be able to help us and not need a therapy before he can do one correct pass !

Schweinsteiger is a unmotivated player now, you can't judge him solely at this moment. The performances he made before were not an accident, especially for the NT, he just needs a change of enviroment and for someone to show faith in him again. For free, Schweinsteiger could be as big of a coup as Cannavaro was.
we all know that there are people that do play well for the NT but suck for the club or vice versa ... there is no point on buying a player based on his NT performances ... his club form is crap since i don't remember when ...
so i don't judge him on this momentary form but the form he showed the last two seasons ..

furthermore you have to look at the circumstances in the national team ... the german squad does do most friendlies against the crappiest teams of the world ... many games against lichtenstein, luxembourg, moldavia and so on ... it's easy to shine against those amateurs ... even a serie b player could shine against such opponents... even watching hoffenheim i saw players that do not cost a third of the wages of schweinsteiger and are more creative as him ... (if you can call schweinsteiger creative at all). i think to be a good creative player there needs to be some brain and if one thing is sure, than that he is not the smartest ..

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

we all know that there are people that do play well for the NT but suck for the club or vice versa ... there is no point on buying a player based on his NT performances ... his club form is crap since i don't remember when ...
so i don't judge him on this momentary form but the form he showed the last two seasons ..

furthermore you have to look at the circumstances in the national team ... the german squad does do most friendlies against the crappiest teams of the world ... many games against lichtenstein, luxembourg, moldavia and so on ... it's easy to shine against those amateurs ... even a serie b player could shine against such opponents... even watching hoffenheim i saw players that do not cost a third of the wages of schweinsteiger and are more creative as him ... (if you can call schweinsteiger creative at all). i think to be a good creative player there needs to be some brain and if one thing is sure, than that he is not the smartest ..
All that stands, but so does my point as well. He needs a change of enviroment, what makes you sure he won't get consistent with us for example? Without the pressure that was put on his shoulders the minute he joined Bayern? If you play well for the NT, you gotta play well for a club. If you don't, than you need a transfer to a different club. It's not like a number of his good performances for the NT are just a string of accidents.

Schweinsteiger is not a creative player, then again, Nedved isn't either. For free, Schweinsteiger is a bet I'm willing to take any day of the week.

If we didn't have so many good forwards, I'd go for Podolski as well.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
All that stands, but so does my point as well. He needs a change of enviroment, what makes you sure he won't get consistent with us for example?
i agree he could get on his feet with us, but when ? when i sign a player i do want him to add to the team and not to be a cracked table that needs to be repaired before you can use it.

if we have the "patience" with him like we had (or had to have) with tiago, then he might show something ... but i'm not someone who would speculate on that

Without the pressure that was put on his shoulders the minute he joined Bayern?
so you are saying the pressure in juve is less than in bayern ? i don't think so.
in bayern as in juve it is always the same ... every team wants to really beat you and gives that 10% extra to get a result.

i dare to say that the pressure here will even be greater because in italy the culture is more football mad and we have papers that write on football everyday ... in germany you have "kicker" that does come out twice a week at most ... so there is a difference on the way you are monitored by the press

If you play well for the NT, you gotta play well for a club. If you don't, than you need a transfer to a different club. It's not like a number of his good performances for the NT are just a string of accidents.
as i already mentioned ... with the german team he plays against minnows most of the time ... it's easy to shine there ... but did he ever shine against a decent team like brazil, italy, france, netherlands or something ?

that is also a reason why they got players that already got 20 goals or more without being really world class players ... they just play 5 friendlies against moldavia and co and score 7 goals against them and thats where the goals come from ... fuck that

we could also play serie c teams for friendlies and boost alex' goal record to over 500 when he scores hattrick after hattrick there ... but that is no performance evaluator

Schweinsteiger is not a creative player, then again, Nedved isn't either.
that is true, but the inability to cross from the left does weigh pretty heavy on me, so i think he can not play on the left the way nedved does/did.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

virtual said:
i agree he could get on his feet with us, but when ? when i sign a player i do want him to add to the team and not to be a cracked table that needs to be repaired before you can use it.

if we have the "patience" with him like we had (or had to have) with tiago, then he might show something ... but i'm not someone who would speculate on that
This is speculating, you can't guarantee he'll have a negative impact from day one, same as I can't he'll have a positive. Every transfer is a gamble on its own, but when the fee is 0, the risk is minimum.
virtual said:
so you are saying the pressure in juve is less than in bayern ? i don't think so.
in bayern as in juve it is always the same ... every team wants to really beat you and gives that 10% extra to get a result.

i dare to say that the pressure here will even be greater because in italy the culture is more football mad and we have papers that write on football everyday ... in germany you have "kicker" that does come out twice a week at most ... so there is a difference on the way you are monitored by the press
For one Bastian Schweinsteiger? Absolutelly. Bayern is a German symbol, same as Juve is an Italian. Playing for these type of clubs when you have the domestic nationality, always adds weight to their significance. For a German, there is no bigger club than Bayern. He had a hundred of other Germans before him, that he was expected, by pretty much everyone, to emulate and even surpass.
virtual said:
as i already mentioned ... with the german team he plays against minnows most of the time ... it's easy to shine there ... but did he ever shine against a decent team like brazil, italy, france, netherlands or something ?

that is also a reason why they got players that already got 20 goals or more without being really world class players ... they just play 5 friendlies against moldavia and co and score 7 goals against them and thats where the goals come from ... fuck that

we could also play serie c teams for friendlies and boost alex' goal record to over 500 when he scores hattrick after hattrick there ... but that is no performance evaluator
I think that's a little unfair from you, but you're a German so I can understand you being overly critical on him. I was like that not long ago on some of Croatia's players.
virtual said:
that is true, but the inability to cross from the left does weigh pretty heavy on me, so i think he can not play on the left the way nedved does/did.
I've said this a hundred times; Nedved's replacement does not need to be a Nedved clone. He can bring a different approach, that doesn't necessarilly have to be weaker than Nedved's. Besides, Nedved is not your typical winger either.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
I've said this a hundred times; Nedved's replacement does not need to be a Nedved clone. He can bring a different approach, that doesn't necessarilly have to be weaker than Nedved's. Besides, Nedved is not your typical winger either.
i will go a step further and say that we should change our approach towards neddy. we can replace him with any decent winger.

but we need to replace his talent with an equivalent one regardless of the position remember when we replaced zizou for neddy as our main midfielder we changed the game from center to wings.

however this approach will raise a question; if we replace neddy with a creative central midfielder will ranieri be able to change his tactics accordingly?

this is a critical question since we are currently playing a high-line aggressive game that requires ball winners in the midfield and most attacking midfielders wont fit into that role.

as for bastin i think he is overrated but for free he is worth the risk to have a second chance

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
the change of system is appearently not what ranieri wants ... gio could be our central creative midfielder with a conservative diamond in a 4-4-2 midfield ... if we would try this, then it would make sense to play de ceglie in left midfield, because he is really more defensive than nedved and gio

so a midfield of

----------sissoko-----------
------------------------------
-camo---------------de ceglie-
-----------gio-----------------

camo, sissoko and de ceglie could provide enough cover for the defense to allow giovinco enough freedom to roam forward and if we get another player on left back we could even put a more attacking player on the left midfield spot

Mar 30, 2006
the change of system is appearently not what ranieri wants ... gio could be our central creative midfielder with a conservative diamond in a 4-4-2 midfield ... if we would try this, then it would make sense to play de ceglie in left midfield, because he is really more defensive than nedved and gio

so a midfield of

----------sissoko-----------
------------------------------
-camo---------------de ceglie-
-----------gio-----------------

camo, sissoko and de ceglie could provide enough cover for the defense to allow giovinco enough freedom to roam forward and if we get another player on left back we could even put a more attacking player on the left midfield spot
that would not work i think because sissoko always runs out of position to challenge ppl and would leave the defense exposed. when he does that he tends to get the ball passed around him and without another more composed player with him it would be a big problem. That is why Zanetti is so important.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
you are right, in fact i was only adding the defensive abilities of de ceglie and camo (when he wants to play that way) to equal enough cover, but i did not consider the playing style of sissoko . . .

Mar 30, 2006
you are right, in fact i was only adding the defensive abilities of de ceglie and camo (when he wants to play that way) to equal enough cover, but i did not consider the playing style of sissoko . . .
it would work good with Poulsen because he does not challenge rashly and is much better tactically. But again I would also want Sissoko on the field because he is one of our best players so I don't see us using the midfield diamond anytime soon even if it is a very good formation.

Apr 12, 2004
you do realise you're potentially getting yourself pwned by secco and co?
OOooooOoOooOohhhh, scaryyyyyyy. :scared:
ßüякε;1825673 said:
Mark my words, you will never get Schweinsteiger.
I told you....

New Bayern deal for Bastian
Winger signs three-year contract extension

By Chris Burton Last updated: 10th December 2008

Schweinsteiger: Fans' favourite

Bastian Schweinsteiger has signed a three-year contract extension with Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.

The new deal will keep the Germany international at the Allianz Arena until at least 2012.

German sports agency SID report that the 24-year-old put to paper on Wednesday.

Schweinsteiger was due to be out of contract at the end of the current campaign, sparking supposed interest from a host of Europe's top clubs.

However, the winger has helped quash that speculation by committing himself to Bayern for the foreseeable future.

The combative midfielder has been with Bayern since 1998 and has built a reputation as a firm fans' favourite after helping the club to four league tittles and a German Cup during a decade of service.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_4620547,00.html

Blow me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)