• Donadel (Y)

• Donadel (N)

• G. Delvechhio (Y)

• G. Delvecchio (N)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
2011, he's out and so the guy who told me he was. :p
That guy probably used transfermarkt.de as a source. But Rosicky signed for Arsenal in 06, so its probably a 5-year contract. Anyway, great player, but too injury prone.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ballack is getting too old and I don't like his wage demands. Van Bommel is overrated and old as well, plus wouldn't help our midfield much. Panucci, Knezevic, Kroldrup, Stovini, Mantovani, Donadel... if people want those guys I think we should open up a psychiatric ward on the forums.

I chose Bastian, Friedrich, Busquets and Fred for various reasons. Basti would be a good option off the bench, Friedrich is a pretty solid RB from what I've seen, Busquets is young and hasn't been too bad for Barca, and Fred isn't a bad player either. Perhaps I'd refrain from the latter because we have enough strikers, but what the hell.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    So far, if we use 60% as the passing mark then we'd sign Schweinsteiger and bring back Criscito. The rest of the players we need would have to be bought.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Quality wise Fred would make a good backup striker (assuming we sell one of our current ones), but his ego would require him to play. Talented, but disruptive.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Only Kroldrup and Criscito get a Yes from me and even they were close to getting a No.

Of course, for some players, like Schweinsteiger, Ballack or van Bommel i'd have voted Yes if we were going to get them for reasonable wages, but i'm sure that at least +3m on wages will be needed to get them and i don't think they deserve it, even Ballack.
    Ballack and Van Bommel don't have 4 years in their legs and they'll ask for a 4 year contract. After a year or two they'll end up doing nothing and still earn huge money, which will hurt our transfer market.
    Schweiny will most probably earn more than 3m eur per season and imo that's too much.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Burke will tell you van Bommel is a douchebag who gets red cards every other match. He might be a good player but he's too old now and wouldn't add anything.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Ballack is getting too old and I don't like his wage demands. Van Bommel is overrated and old as well, plus wouldn't help our midfield much. Panucci, Knezevic, Kroldrup, Stovini, Mantovani, Donadel... if people want those guys I think we should open up a psychiatric ward on the forums.

I chose Bastian, Friedrich, Busquets and Fred for various reasons. Basti would be a good option off the bench, Friedrich is a pretty solid RB from what I've seen, Busquets is young and hasn't been too bad for Barca, and Fred isn't a bad player either. Perhaps I'd refrain from the latter because we have enough strikers, but what the hell.
    Friedrich is really no upgrade to Grygera! I've seen him a lot and he has never impressed me. Not even in WC 06.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    fuck Bastian, im more than sure that he will flop if he comes to Juve. Serie A aint Bundesliga and if he keeps underperforming in Germany i cant see how he will do smth in Italy, where there will be much less space and time for his best quality - long shots (even without him we have some good long shot takers as Ale, Nedved, Grygera and others, but we really use their shots rare).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    We must be really careful with the wages we offer to these freebees, especially if they're +30 years olds.
    If we offer, as speculated, 3m eur for someone like Olic, then, in case he won't perform well, we won't be able to sell him and he won't like to leave because no-one else will offer him the same wages, or even close to it. These players, +30 years olds, would prefer sitting on the bench in these late stages of their career, and secure their families with the huge wages they're getting, than go somewhere else where they could play but where they will earn three times less.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Alen, wtf? Kroldrup???? People talk about wanting players better then Mellberg, well, Kroldrup is WORSE, average as heck defender. Was an absoute joke in EPL, and average in Serie A.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Just for your information guys, Fred has been of form for more than a year now. I'd take Iaquinta any day of the week over him. Apparently injuries got to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)