Boring aren't we? in the transfer market (1 Viewer)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Yeah, but if they got him for £2m, how good is he really?
Better than CAMORANESI that's for sure, not to mention he is lighting fast :groan:

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
ye how much did we pay for Di Viao. he must be awsome
£16 Million or 24 Million Euro, same as Milan payed for Sheva a few years ago :D

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Crying-crying-crying!

That's what starting to be boring.

Theres no riskier thing in managing a team, than signing. Every team had periods when the most goodlooking signings turned out to be crap (remeber Milans suffer with Papin, or Davids) or vica-versa: not so highly rated players became the winner of the golden ball...

However Moggi usualy makes decent signings, and just because Appiah and Legro were not a success story last season, the capabilities of our teams leadership shouldnt be questioned. May we wont know anything until the last day. (I know DYO was bought on the last day for too much money, but you forgot to mention that Nesta was bought on the same day as well, and Cannavaro too).

What I know: Moggi signed one of the best (imo: The best) coaches possible, got a def and a winger for free, and a young talent full of potential.

I dont care what Barca do, neither Milan, or Inter, or Roma. I dont care how sexy our football will be next year. I dont care how our defender looks like till he is playing well. I dont care about Gilardino, Ferrari, or Mexes, neither of them playing in Porto, yet they still could became the champs of europe.

Stadio Delle Lippi will always be half empty, the dogs will always bark in the stadium, and (as it happened so many times in the past) the supporters will often thanks the fog, for making our team's boring game invisible. But if we keep on winning scudettos, and playing in CL finals, well, I dont really care.

forzajuve

Sep 14, 2003
Yes, we are a boring club, our players are boring, our performnances are boring, Capello is boring, even Moggi now bores me.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Togon, I actually do care about us playing good football. Why would anybody want to watch boring football? But other than that you brought up good points. Besides, with the economy not being too good, it's harder to spend nowadays. We didn't too well in the CL nor did we win the league. Hence, less income. FFS we don't even get a packed stadium for every home game, so how can we rely on ticket sales?

Denco, I don't think we're that boring in the transfer market. Why do we need to spend on things we don't need? As the saying goes, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

What's "broken" now is our creativity department, judging on what I've seen last season. One reason for that is because Nedved was shiat, or rather, off form. Another reason was because we didn't field Maresca regularly. With Capello around, I'm sure he's gonna have Maresca as a starter and not sub-par players like Tachinardi and Appiah playing week in week out.

I feel that what we need now is a "core". We can't just rely on one player. The reason why last season was so bad was because our core was just Nedved and he was shiat. Look at teams like Arsenal. They don't just rely on Henry. They have Pires, Viera and Campbell to count on.

Last season we were relying on Montero and Ferrara to tighten our defence. Legro was a waste of money. I don't think Zebina is gonna do anything much to our defence, and I think Tudor will get injured again till World Cup 2006.

Other than that, I think we're quite alright. We should rely more on Maresca and Nedved, and if Davids stays with us, everything should be alright. Davids gives us more energy, without him, we'll have to make do.

Our forward line is quite ok too. No matter what people say about Di Vaio, he made it to the Italian NT. Gilardino didn't. Granted, Trap sucks. But my point, we don't need to sign a big name striker we already have 4 proven ones.

Aug 26, 2003
ok maybe we are boring at the transfer market but we must see that we bought Capello and that is a hell of a transfer! Nevertheless i am the opinion that ok the window just opened but it is better for the coach the whole team when we buy the players at the beginning of the pre season and not at the end!!

what i miss that we are not trying to solve our main problem and that is the defense, i think a quality defender is a must for us this summer i don't care if it is Canna, Carvalho, Mexes,...

in creativity point i think we will maybe sign Rosicky or Jankulovski or Emerson but i don't see us getting all 3 i just think one of them!

but ok i say lets wait a little bit and see what moggi is doing

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Rommedahl is crap!

He isnt even Siena quality.

He is fast, buts thats about it. He cannot cross, he cannot pass, he cannot dribble, etc...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++

in creativity point i think we will maybe sign Rosicky or Jankulovski or Emerson but i don't see us getting all 3 i just think one of them!

but ok i say lets wait a little bit and see what moggi is doing
I expect us to sign Jankulovksi and Emerson, but i don't expect us to sign Rosicky.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
If we do get both of them, who will sit out? And who will play?

I hear ppl say that Capello favours the 3-5-2, so the midfield could consist of...

-----------------Maresca------Emerson--------------
--Zamby--------------Neddy----------------Janks--

I'm cool with that :D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
With the 442 it could look like this:

----------Buffon
?????--??????--????-Zambrotta
Maresca Emerson Jankulovksi
---------Nedved

with Capello's 3-5-2:

--------------Buffon
---------?????--??????---?????
Zambrotta Maresca Emerson Jankulovski
----------------Nedved

Tacchinardi or someone else will probably take Maresca's position though :(.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I must say that I too am dissappointed with the performance of our management team in the transfer market, but for different reasons. I think that there are many many players out there who are available in our price range and who would be delighted to play for a club like Juve. Moggi knows that and he sometimes gets them, but I'd rather he didn't if they aren't going to play.

The core of our team is a good one and it's been very successful in the past. The problem is that our fringe players have decreased in quality. We've got sub-par players like Camoranesi, Di Vaio, and Appiah. Now, it's not necessarily Moggi's fault that those players aren't panning out the way that we all hoped they would, but don't you think it's time he did something meaningful? I mean, I think it's time that Moggi made a big signing. This will acomplish two things: 1. it will take pressure off of the current players, 2. it will give our squad some much needed talent. I don't honestly care what position he plays, or what nation he hails from, or how old he is. I just want a big signing because everybody involved in Juventus needs it.
Exactly, that's why I'm so keen on Cannavaro. Even though he's the wrong side of 30, he's a class player capable of making a positive impact on this Juventus side.

Moggi doesn't bore me, but quite frankly he scares me. Our defence has massive problems that urgently need fixing if we're to be successful, but Moggi signs people like Zebina.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Rommedahl is crap!

He isnt even Siena quality.

He is fast, buts thats about it. He cannot cross, he cannot pass, he cannot dribble, etc...
Put aside the fact that Juve's defence sucks and tell me, if you were a coach would you rather your transfer guru sign Dennis Rommedahl or Jonathan Zebina? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)