Books you're reading (3 Viewers)

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Medieval things are overdone IMO :p Oh your bf thinks Mongol one is ok, gotcha, IMO its his best series.

But Conn Iggulden is one of the better ones for historical fiction, so if you like the period, you should try him out :)
Not if you like medieval things, it isn't :p I've read some of a Rome one, and it wasn't overly to my taste, style-wise, but I'll give it another go.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Recently I've been interested in business/entrepreneur books, but there's a lot of junk in that genre. You guys have any you think are worthwhile?
Thats such a broad genre, so I'm not sure what kind of business books you're interested in.

But a few recommendations, some of those I read and some I'm currently reading(for some reason I can't read only one book at a time)

"The Lean Startup" - Eric Ries
"So Good They Can't Ignore You" - Cal Newport
"Weird Ideas That Work: How to Build a Creative Company" - Bob Sutton
"Predictably Irrational" - Dan Ariely

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
How are his books, in general? I have Lords of the North on audiobook, but only because Richard reads it.
I like them. I'm not really sure how I would describe his books. Well written, but not too fabricated. Plus he writes fairly extensive end notes that describe the importance of and what really happened in the events he writes.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Thats such a broad genre, so I'm not sure what kind of business books you're interested in.

But a few recommendations, some of those I read and some I'm currently reading(for some reason I can't read only one book at a time)

"The Lean Startup" - Eric Ries
"So Good They Can't Ignore You" - Cal Newport
"Weird Ideas That Work: How to Build a Creative Company" - Bob Sutton
"Predictably Irrational" - Dan Ariely
Thanks Fred, I'll have a look at them.

The types I mean are books about creating your own business/self-employment and investing (for dummies).

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I never understood why they make books like that. People usually think like 'I'll read those books and become a rich man'.
Not really. Many of these books do actually transform the way you look at your business and the way you professionally deal with people .

I know I've benefited quite a lot from these. But it's also true that many of them are absolute bullshit, thrown out there to make cheap profit based on a successful name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)