Books you're reading (35 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Can you let me know what you think about it? Either here or through PM?
Sure, no problem. But it's gonna take me a while to let you know anything because most likely I will start reading on Monday. Plus that stuff is (probably) heavy to read, so you're gonna have to let me read for at least 10 days before throwing a feedback.

My dad told me it's great but other than that I really don't know anything.

Apr 15, 2006
Sure, no problem. But it's gonna take me a while to let you know anything because most likely I will start reading on Monday. Plus that stuff is (probably) heavy to read, so you're gonna have to let me read for at least 10 days before throwing a feedback.

My dad told me it's great but other than that I really don't know anything.
Take as long as you need. Just don't forget to let me know. :)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
@Sheik Yerbouti

I read around 110 pages so here's shortly what I think about it. The book is simply amazing. It's written in a western type in order to make it easier to read Chinese philosophy which is pretty hard to understand. I believe you don't need some good philo background in order to get into it and understand it's point. At the beginning it had some Socrates/Plato references so I didn't want to make an early conclusion, later on it faded away and it relied only on the Chinese. You can read hell of a good parts from Confucius and his ideas, Lao-Tzu and generally on Taoism/wu wei (some shortened terms are pretty hard to remember and there are quite a few). So IMO it's a great book to read, but then again, I don't know how atheists react on such work to be honest. However, this book is I think 'the hardest' to understand of all others I read (compared to philosophy), you really need shitload of concentration to really get into it, so reading some stuff goes rather slowly, at least for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)