Books you're reading (16 Viewers)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Someone just posted this .gif about 50 Shades of Grey on FB. One of the auditors at work was trying to convince me to read it. This the day after I had massive falling out with them. :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
my precious. i waited an eternity to get these books. from the portuguese bookstore to the courier who delivered them to my neighbor. in june. never told me about it until I nagged the portuguese repeatedly to figure out wtf happened to the shipment. then the guy was away every time I went knocking on his door. after all this they must be good, no?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
After finishing Hemingway, I've gone a bit more lightweight

I've read it in danish before, but I'm giving it a go in spanish to sharpen up my spanish skills.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I've seen him in the bookstore. What does he write?
I guess it belongs under the mystery genre. He's a good writer often compared to Eco and Dickens for his style of writing. An easy read while still entertaining and interesting with a big gallery of characters that are hold together with a good storyline. Though fiction he often has a very credible description of the conditions in Spain up to the civil war.

I can highly recommend his first two novels if you are looking for some 'riding the train, sitting in the summer sun or taking a break from Kierkegaard'-literature.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I guess it belongs under the mystery genre. He's a good writer often compared to Eco and $#@!ens for his style of writing. An easy read while still entertaining and interesting with a big gallery of characters that are hold together with a good storyline. Though fiction he often has a very credible description of the conditions in Spain up to the civil war.

I can highly recommend his first two novels if you are looking for some 'riding the train, sitting in the summer sun or taking a break from Kierkegaard'-literature.
Kierkegaard lol, the guy was hopeless. You know this new current of "positive psychology" with all these books about how to be happy and tranquil? It's because of people like him that they invented this. :D

I'll keep Zafon in mind though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)