Books you're reading (6 Viewers)

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,966
    It's the sequel. I think there are three books in all. I liked Dune a lot, but this one seems less mystical and way more political, which is a bit dull.
    It's the third book of six actually. I like the second book, Dune Messiah, better; it's essentially the tragedy of Paul. The second trilogy isn't as good.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It's the third book of six actually. I like the second book, Dune Messiah, better; it's essentially the tragedy of Paul. The second trilogy isn't as good.
    Six, wow. I guess once you have a successful book and decide to do a sequel it all tends to spiral out of control.

In Dune time though, this one I'm reading seems to follow Dune directly, with him supposedly dying/wandering in the desert soon after having kids cause the story here seems to be about the kids.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,968
    Six, wow. I guess once you have a successful book and decide to do a sequel it all tends to spiral out of control.

In Dune time though, this one I'm reading seems to follow Dune directly, with him supposedly dying/wandering in the desert soon after having kids cause the story here seems to be about the kids.
    It's not terribly long after it, I think. Just a few years maybe. Dune Messiah is in between the two though. The later trilogy is set a long time later, a couple of thousand years for the last two books.

Jul 5, 2006
    ĵџvє_вãвγ;2569022 said:
    The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L. J. Smith it didnt impress me so much like House Of Night serie did! but still good one and good end, i'll read the other novels of this serie.

..***..
    The Vampire Diaries: The Fury and Dark Reunion by L. J. Smith, definitely better than the first one! more love, more escape, more fight, more thrill:beer:

..***..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Just finished a fairly boring book about business leadership "Tribal Leadership". Lord what a difference from actual literature, the text is so dumbed down that it's like a tv commercial, noone can fail to grasp it.

Never would have read it if it hadn't been a free audiobook download on some website. :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I just started on Yevgeny Zamyatin's "We". Utopian novel from the 1920s. It's supposed to be up there with "Brave New World" and "1984". Looking very good so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)