Books you're reading (10 Viewers)

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #83
    Makes sense, open source guy. I'm afraid I've stuck with Borland, but I'm thinking of switching to the Bloodshed compiler, maybe with the mingw libraries.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Have to say I have no experience with this though, this is my first ever c++ project and I'm in the course of learning the language too. Guess I never got around to doing it before. gcc makes good sense for me cause it's widely used and fairly straightforward to research. Also because a friend of mine already walked this path so I can bug him for help. :D

I suppose I'll need a gui later on, thinking about wxwindows.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #85
    Don't know it, but for any problems with basic programs, I'd be happy to debug. As long as I can read your syntax!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I think I have a decent grip on the basics but I'm still in java mode and I've been making a lot of c++ specific mistakes, like going past the definition area of an array and that gives logical errors in a completely different place, also the parser is weird cause a syntax error in one place doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with that code, the error could well be somewhere in the vicinity. I miss the hand holding in java right now.

But thanks for your offer! :)

Minfana

Jul 15, 2003
    My latest read was E. George's Playing fof the Ashes (in english.) Quite depressing altogether, but there were a few funny aspects, too. I quite enjoy the characters Lynley and Havers, they seem almost like friends now - I've read 4 of George's books so far.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #96
    Just finished "Right Ho Jeeves" by Wodehouse. Really, really oldfashioned style of writing, but the guy had a way with words and the whole thing kind of works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)