Books you're reading (37 Viewers)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Yeah, I have a friend who has a store bring whatever down for me. He's expensive, though. :|
That's cool though so at least you have some access to getting your books. You should save the money each time you decide to buy a book and you'll have enough to buy it in to time. Some of them are as little as USD79 I believe and you get a book at your fingertips in seconds.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's cool though so at least you have some access to getting your books. You should save the money each time you decide to buy a book and you'll have enough to buy it in to time. Some of them are as little as USD79 I believe and you get a book at your fingertips in seconds.
I don't really wanna think about spending money right now. If I buy a book now, it's purely impulsive :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
real books are so much cooler though, love reading a yellow-page oldie at the sea with the small pack of cigs and coke. screw electronic books, electronic greeting cards and sliced bread.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
So you don't like books because they are nonsense, except Mein Kampf?

Interesting taste.
Well I was interested to know what Adolf thinks about Races and People since he has a chapter there. For the sake of argument with someone I read it.

o_O Well, you got me! I'm speechless for once in my life.
It's not that, it's just boring, holding a book in my hand it's pain in the ass. I would never read a book for fun. I read IT books and economic books because I have to, but I would never enjoy reading a book.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Order online? Because I cant think of anything more insanely lame and awkward then e-books. Can never compare to actual books.
That's because you don't live here and experience the annoyance that I do. I am not fortunate like Matty to have a friend at the book stores who will actually get everything I request. I love real books don't get me wrong, but it's a matter of convenience for me.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I red Mein Kampf and it was the most idiotic shit ever. I mean, you can have a crazy ideology but for the love of god, get someone who actually knows how to write, to write it. It makes The Da Vinci Code seem like Crime & Punishment.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It was horrible. The thing which annoys me the most is that Dan Brown doesn't quite seem to grasp the concept of inner dialogue. Everything the characters think is spoken dialogue - which naturally draws you to the conclusion that every character is a moron :p

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
It's that time of the year again. The good uncle has made a reading guide for you so you don't have to know what to read.

The best of 2011

Deneb has the first click because he already requested this a month ago, poor guy.
I tend to agree, though I have only really read the classics of your list. And my God I hate Walden. But then I hate pretty much everything to do with transcendentalism.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Finished 'Forever Peace' by Joe Haldeman. Great book following similar themes to 'The Forever War', but with improved characterization, a denser and more textured world, plus a lot of interesting ideas on the side. His style became very polished with this one, but, in the end, I enjoyed 'The Forever War' more.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
It's that time of the year again. The good uncle has made a reading guide for you so you don't have to know what to read.

The best of 2011

Deneb has the first click because he already requested this a month ago, poor guy.
Ordered that Douglas Hofstadter book off Amazon. Sounds like something I can pass the time with.

-edit. Lol@the special mention for The Brothers Karamazov.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)