boo for booing (6 Viewers)

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #41
    This thread is an absolute joke. The fans pay for the tickets and pay player and staff wages, therefore having a right to voice their displeasure with the side at the stadium. If you have a problem with that perhaps football is a little too mean-spirited for your liking. Thanks to Paul for making that clear..
    i dont think footballs to mean i just would never boo my own team

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    showing your displeasure to a terrible performance in booing is perfectly fine or would you rather them riping the chairs off and throwing it at them:D? At least that way they get there moneys worth

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Well when for example Zebina is booed after a solid performance and a clear win(not to mention stay at the club in Serie B), I have to say these people are idiots. Sure, you have the right to do what you want, 'cause you have a ticket, but it doesn't make it any less idiotic.
    If Zebina was booed for reasons, beyond his play; for what then? Publicly attacking the club? Or lack of Loyalty? The guy stayed with us in Serie B and despite having a talent for being disliked, Zebina does not deserve any jeering this season. I doubt it were only a 'few' who did it, it would not have been widely noticed had it been so.

A world of difference...

Don't put words in other people's mouths.

spot on Dom, exactly my point.

i've seen the fans boo camo and zebina day in and day out when they give 100% and a bit more for the team when they could've easily left the team and nobody would have the right to say a word.

And then in the last game against Albinoleffe they Boo Balzaretti? again i don't get it.

Its killing the team, everyone here is talking about DD and tactics but the fans have bigger effects. Paul talked about this team not being a mediocre team and should be criticized on every little thing, well right now we are and we have world class players playing in a mediocre competition and the team needs all the support it can be given.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
    Completely disagree... We pay for tickets, we are entitled to show our distaste when our team gives us nothing, when our manager is in the wrong, when our boatrd is acting badly.

They are booed when they arent playing their part... Theres no shortage of encouragement, but theres a line.

Not to mention if we sung their praises and applauded them whatever the performance they would soon get complacent and home advantage would be out of the window.

I dont remember too many complaints when we were booing cappelo for the last 2 years, I dont remember too many complaints when zlatan was playing crap and roundly booed... or zebina etc

They have to play their part and show desire and passion and play for us, as we pay for them.

We are also talking of a team that is sitting top and needs pushing, not a team struggling mid table or lower who need constant encouragement.

Any of you who remember the 9 years of pain know that we offered nothing but support through the troubled times when it was needed...

You dont like it... Buy a ticket and and clap like an idiot for every 90minutes we play... You'll be the one doing the team harm, not us.
    Tell that to the Celtic fans. They'll laugh you right up in your face.

If Zebina was booed for reasons, beyond his play; for what then? Publicly attacking the club? Or lack of Loyalty? The guy stayed with us in Serie B and despite having a talent for being disliked, Zebina does not deserve any jeering this season. I doubt it were only a 'few' who did it, it would not have been widely noticed had it been so.
    Strangely Zebina is behaving better in Serie B than in Serie A. :D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

i've seen the fans boo camo and zebina day in and day out when they give 100% and a bit more for the team when they could've easily left the team and nobody would have the right to say a word.

And then in the last game against Albinoleffe they Boo Balzaretti? again i don't get it.
    Yes, there's no excuse for that. People talk of commitment and bleeding for the shirt, well if someone always gives 100%; it's Balzaretti. That Balzaretti did the the 'silence' handgesture after scoring, says it all really.

Its killing the team, everyone here is talking about DD and tactics but the fans have bigger effects. Paul talked about this team not being a mediocre team and should be criticized on every little thing, well right now we are and we have world class players playing in a mediocre competition and the team needs all the support it can be given.
    No good comes from mindlessly booing your team. Criticizing is one thing, jeering another. I doubt only the minority of the fans in the stadium boo without good reason.

P.S. I wonder how much daylight some of you still get, having crawled up so deep into Paul's ass.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Completely disagree... We pay for tickets, we are entitled to show our distaste when our team gives us nothing, when our manager is in the wrong, when our boatrd is acting badly.

They are booed when they arent playing their part... Theres no shortage of encouragement, but theres a line.

Not to mention if we sung their praises and applauded them whatever the performance they would soon get complacent and home advantage would be out of the window.

I dont remember too many complaints when we were booing cappelo for the last 2 years, I dont remember too many complaints when zlatan was playing crap and roundly booed... or zebina etc

They have to play their part and show desire and passion and play for us, as we pay for them.

We are also talking of a team that is sitting top and needs pushing, not a team struggling mid table or lower who need constant encouragement.

Any of you who remember the 9 years of pain know that we offered nothing but support through the troubled times when it was needed...

You dont like it... Buy a ticket and and clap like an idiot for every 90minutes we play... You'll be the one doing the team harm, not us.
    To a certain extent I agree. When I saw Juve play Milan last year, I did boo Zlatan, because he sucked. And had sucked all season long. And you're right, Juventus are a big team, we need to be critical. But lately players are getting booed when they are playing their part. As for the statements against the club, I think none of the things Camoranesi said was all that awful.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
    Camoranesi is a man I can forgive for his comments. He just gets worked up sometimes.

Trezeguet though, is a different case. And even if I do forgive him I haven't forgotten his lack of commitment this season. Only way we can forget his poor performances is if he scores a couple of goals in the three first games of the next Serie A campaign.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Yes, there's no excuse for that. People talk of commitment and bleeding for the shirt, well if someone always gives 100%; it's Balzaretti. That Balzaretti did the the 'silence' handgesture after scoring, says it all really.

No good comes from mindlessly booing your team. Criticizing is one thing, jeering another. I doubt only the minority of the fans in the stadium boo without good reason.

P.S. I wonder how much daylight some of you still get, having crawled up so deep into Paul's ass.
    so if they agree with Paul, and not yourself, then they are up his ass ???

nice....

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    i dont think footballs to mean i just would never boo my own team
    Me neither! Especially in front of the other team - It's a betrayal!

:agree: Psychologically, being vocally supportive lifts the teams morale & conversely, being vocally critical lowers it. And it also sends a boost to the opposition. At least venting our frustration on the forum doesn't affect our teams morale as they play, so sorry, Paul, I have to disagree with you.

+rep Dom! :pint:

Yes, it's very frustrating for fans to see their team lose, & it is good to let of steam to get rid of the tension. However, once we've calmed down, we should look at the situation objectively.

Who was really to blame for spoiling the game? Juventus, because they didn't win? Or Albinoleffe for killing the game with their 8+ men defence? There were two sides on the park! Albinoleffe made it very difficult for anyone to score against them. Many teams in Juve's position wouldn't have been able to get a goal playing against such tactics.

Unfortunately, such tactics are allowed & Albinoleffe are not the only team who have employed these tactics. Neither can we go back in time to change the result. We have to do what our heroes on the field do: - Get over it & look forward to the next game & pray they don't play like Albinoleffe!

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    Good post, A. Although I disagree on one point:

Any coach should be allowed to field whatever tactic he wants to. Simple as that. :)
    I understand & agree for the most part. A coach has to use whatever (legitimate) tactics necessary to get the best result for his (or her) team in each game. I don't really blame them for that. However from an entertainment point of view, it does kill the game.......

.........and when the use such tactics against our beloved Juve, it makes me both :cry: & :mad:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

I agree. So what if Paul gets to go to the stadium more often? Some people here just stop having an opinion whenever Paul posts. He's human FFS.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I agree. So what if Paul gets to go to the stadium more often? Some people here just stop having an opinion whenever Paul posts. He's human FFS.
    so, you think ppl here only agree with Paul because he goes to the stadium ???

nice logic....

Jan 7, 2004

so did we play well against albinolefe (sp) ?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    so did we play well against albinolefe (sp) ?
    Obviously not.. Does that condone some imbeciles cursing their own team(who are top of the table, despite the deduction and all the other problems preceding the season) after 20 minutes of play? I'd think not. Also, like I wrote before, there is a difference between criticizing and jeering.

so, you think ppl here only agree with Paul because he goes to the stadium ???

nice logic....
    I think many would've agreed with Paul, no matter what he said. Had he written the opposite of what he has written here, the same people would've 'thanked' him for his opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)