Board & Management (47 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Example, not real figures:

Juve receives 40m offer for Cancelo from City. Cancelo's net worth in our books is 10m.
Juve sends 15m bid for Danilo.
Danilo's net worth in City's books is 10m.
They agree to swap players, with City having to pay 25m.
Juve records profit in amount of 30m from the deal (40m-10m)
City records profit in amount of 5m (15m-10m)
Both clubs record profit.
In City's's books Cancelo is now worth 40m, which adds to yearly cost of depreciation in amount of 10m (4 year contract)
In Juve's books Danilo is worth 15m and yearly cost of depreciation is less than 4m.
As long as the profit recorded is real profit then I don’t see the problem. I thought FIGC was saying Juve were exchanging players, creating an arbitrary value and they claiming a paper profit.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
As long as the profit recorded is real profit then I don’t see the problem. I thought FIGC was saying Juve were exchanging players, creating an arbitrary value and they claiming a paper profit.
Yeah, that wasnt the case. Juventus is plc and financial reports are audited and approved every year and then made public. We first need to respect laws and standards of accounting practice, not their moral codes. In this instance (plusvalenza deals) we have done deals by the book. They (Figc) cant regulate this without meddling with international standards and then they would be the ones risking procedures infront of civil courts.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I didn’t realize that, so why are you guys in trouble?
That's how witch hunting looks like in a banana republic. Naples journalists and fans think we should be relegated because we bought titles by signing Ronaldo.

The conviction doesn't seem to be about any deal because no one can stick 'stiff' numbers on players' foreheads. The prices get decided on a free market and it takes two to agree on that. Yet no one else is penalized. How come?

They used wiretaps where the management were discussing the necessity of making capital gains to make the ends meet. Classic stuff in football, especially during covid times. Throw a stone if one haven't done that, at least in Italy.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I didn’t realize that, so why are you guys in trouble?
Read the following this considered as manipulation of invoice by the kangaroo court judiciary:
the invoice for the purchase of Aké: address (wrong) and player details (wrong) have been changed in pen. NOT the price! CAF argues that it was a way to avoid the exchange with Tongya, not the purchase. But exchanges are LEGAL.
Fnw4ETNXwAEGvR4.jpg

Jun 16, 2020
That's how witch hunting looks like in a banana republic. Naples journalists and fans think we should be relegated because we bought titles by signing Ronaldo.

The conviction doesn't seem to be about any deal because no one can stick 'stiff' numbers on players' foreheads. The prices get decided on a free market and it takes two to agree on that. Yet no one else is penalized. How come?

They used wiretaps where the management were discussing the necessity of making capital gains to make the ends meet. Classic stuff in football, especially during covid times. Throw a stone if one haven't done that, at least in Italy.
Always those wiretaps. First it was Inter spying on us, now the FIGC. Get those fucking Swiss SIM cards back.

Do we have any Tuzzers in a far distant country like Guatemala? Send a bunch of those SIM cards to the club

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Always those wiretaps. First it was Inter spying on us, now the FIGC. Get those fucking Swiss SIM cards back.

Do we have any Tuzzers in a far distant country like Guatemala? Send a bunch of those SIM cards to the club
No court of law uses wire taps as actual evidence as it can be easily manipulated or edited. Same was said in 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Read the following this considered as manipulation of invoice by the kangaroo court judiciary:
the invoice for the purchase of Aké: address (wrong) and player details (wrong) have been changed in pen. NOT the price! CAF argues that it was a way to avoid the exchange with Tongya, not the purchase. But exchanges are LEGAL.
Fnw4ETNXwAEGvR4.jpg
Funny thing is the actual invoice was done correctly and electronically. Figc wouldn't know that because they choose not to know. Scumbags

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

won't help one bit, if the news are accurate, wiretaps were recorded through locally installed devices. prosecutors gained access to offices and cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Good news. The sooner we move away from Uefa the better
too bad gravina is on uefa's payroll too, fucker earns like 150k € as an uefa exec

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He was mostly ignorant imo, not that smart. He wasn’t good with finances, he admitted to it.

Plusvalenza model to balance books was started by Marotta in 2016/17, and it wasn’t checked until Juve hired and actual qualified (CFA) person around 2020.

Plusvalenza over the years-
2016/17: 151m
2017/18: 102m
2018/19: 157m
2019/20: 172m
2020/21: 43m
That model literally was pushing financial problems into the future with amortization expenses. Whoever comes after you will look bad. Paratici either thought that was the smart way to do, if he thought of his previous boss as smart, or he knowingly didn’t want to look bad and continued with that unsustainable model.

It was unsustainable, so either the owners put in money, which they did, or cut on spending in later years(which is now). Not illegal which is what Cherubini thought. From what I seen they are referring to his thoughts as confessions/ black book.
plusvalenza itself isn't unsustainable, unless the sale comes with an expensive purchase too. in other words, big money swaps/purchases are unsustainable for a club like juve. straight sales were instrumental for the sustainability before tici started to practice his stupid swaps. before 2018/19 (ronaldo year, the start of tici's reign of financial terror), we made the del fabro - romagna swap with cagliari, and that's all. marotta wasn't without blame (too expensive signings include higuain, costa and berna), still, the plusvalenza wasn't a tool for survival and pushing expenses into the future.

listing plusvalenza alone won't show the full picture. check amortization too for the same periods. the change is incredible, and ronaldo was only part of the issue. cancelo, bonucciback, arthur, de ligt, kulu, danilo, romero, pellegrini, morata, demiral, rovella, mckennie were all +20m signings, and i'm sure i'm missing a few. also the overly inflated wage bill started with ronaldo, after that, everybody thought that he deserved 5m+ just to train alongside the goat.

also, the plusvalenza policy started with marotta. he sold 1 or 2 players with minimal minusvalenza before 2018. after that, the chaos started, and we became completely unpredictable on the market. romero is my favorite example: bought for >30m, amortized for a few years, never played a single match, sold for a massive minusvalenza by tici around 18m, just to be bought by the same tici for ~50m the next season. what the actual fuck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 26)