Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We don't need him for squad lists. The minimum is 8 association trained players and we have Bernardeschi, Marchisio, Chiellini, Barzagli, De Sciglio, Rugani, Buffon + one primavera player in the squad (3rd GK?).
You are right, but 3rd goalie will be a 27 year old, tho he fits since its Pinzoglio, homegrown player.

Its kinda crazy he is already 27, it feels like only yesterday him and Pasquato came out of primavera and were loaned out for an eternity.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
More like 7.5, and without bonuses.

I value Matuidi real high as people here already know, but I won't argue that his salary is not insane.
Is that down to Matuidi's physicality?

I struggle to believe this management are willing to pay anywhere near that much for a fourth choice CM, or if he'd give that up for Juve.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
ffs 12M per year for Matuidi?? god damn
Wage may not be an issue because.....1) that is his gross salary - net around 6ish.....2) He had already agreed on a salary with Juventus last summer but PSG intervened and that tells me that he accepted a wage cut. 3) He has only 1 year left on that wage contract.

My guess is he would get around 4.5m net if we get him. Key issue will be length of contract.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
- Matuidi's contract ends soon.
- Emery still wants to keep him.
- PSG made an offer to renew him already, actually they did it twice, but Matuidi wants an even bigger salary than that.
- PSG is not willing to make him a top 3 salary of the club.
- Matuidi already said he felt bad about PSG not wanting to keep him at all costs (because PSG refused to give him the salary he wants). It was seen as an insult to him.

That's all there's to it. It's about money, but since Antero Henrique landed, it's reported that he said that PSG is done with overpaying players unless special cases like what they are doing with Neymar (which will never come IMO).
If it's all about money, then we can forget Matuidi. In which world would he get more at Juve than PSG? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's not really hard to get used to the fact we're not City or Chelski.

I don't think the club even sees it as a priority to get a world class CM. They tried for Matuidi last year and thought he complimented our team. We missed a physical player of considerable stature and experience, regardless of who it was. Sturaro and Rincon are lesser quality players in this kind of mould but they are players we signed.

What happened in the 2nd half of the CL final shouldn't be allowed to dictate transfer policy. It's like food shopping when you are hungry. This top starting DM wasn't a priority for 56/57 games we played, were we all here shouting for this player? It was preferable that we had a strong physical option who was also good. Stewing over the CL final has created a bigger issue. Someone like Matuidi would have been a lot better than what we had for the role, for all the dogshit parts of his game there is a reason we went for that kind of player to go with the type of players we already had, failed, and then tried to rectify it later with Rincon.

I think far more likely considering that right now we have 7 CMs on our books is that we sign either Matuidi for a fair sized fee, or we take a chance on someone less known in the hope they turn into another Vidal kind of signing. I don't watch enough European football to say who, but everyone slightly rated around 22-24 seems to be worth €35m as a starting point. I think we'll spend more of that money on a central defender and a right back.
I think the management have had enough time to find a quality CM. They could've sounded out Goretzka earlier, or prioritized someone like Tolisso or Fabinho, a young player with upside, as opposed to trying again for the same limited CM they failed to acquire last year. Our midfield is clearly our weakest department, Khedria is probably leaving after the WC next year, and Marchisio might not last a full season (and he isn't getting any younger). Shouldn't we be finding suitable replacements and grooming them to take over? I don't want to rely on guys like Sturaro and Rincon; they simply aren't good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Japanese food is great. And so are the local girls. Good morning from Tokyo!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
:tup: :D :beer: How long are you in Japan for? Enjoy your stay there, and keep us posted, both on the Japan and mercato front.

- - - Updated - - -

Japanese food is great. And so are the local girls. Good morning from Tokyo!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
:tup: :D :beer: How long are you in Japan for? Enjoy your stay there, and keep us posted, both on the Japan and mercato front.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
You are right, but 3rd goalie will be a 27 year old, tho he fits since its Pinzoglio, homegrown player.

Its kinda crazy he is already 27, it feels like only yesterday him and Pasquato came out of primavera and were loaned out for an eternity.
I hadn't realised he's 27 already. Brilliant career :lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think the management have had enough time to find a quality CM. They could've sounded out Goretzka earlier, or prioritized someone like Tolisso or Fabinho, a young player with upside, as opposed to trying again for the same limited CM they failed to acquire last year.
See my first point, I just don't think they see it as a priority or the same as the majority do here.

Apr 19, 2007
Like Ive said before. Its our 2rd biggest priority
1. Wingers-We needed 2 potential starters which is tough to get and we accomplished
2. Rb- We really needed 2 of these. We are safe now but we really need to go after a quality starter now but its not the end of the world if we dont get one this season.
3.Cm starter. We are pretty good on Depth but we really need someone better than Khedira which unlike most of you think is pretty tough to find. They have to be extremely tactically sound and also good passing and defensive skills.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I know I am overthinking this, but could fairness and adequate compensation not be the natural result of Gigi's loyalty?

2015 and 2017 finals will hurt more if we don't reach the final next year (his last year.)

One CM, one CB, and one RB. C'mon Marotta!
The club doesn't give a fuck, if Gigi wasn't WC right now, he probably would've been ushered out of the club Del Piero style.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's not really hard to get used to the fact we're not City or Chelski.

I don't think the club even sees it as a priority to get a world class CM. They tried for Matuidi last year and thought he complimented our team. We missed a physical player of considerable stature and experience, regardless of who it was. Sturaro and Rincon are lesser quality players in this kind of mould but they are players we signed.

What happened in the 2nd half of the CL final shouldn't be allowed to dictate transfer policy. It's like food shopping when you are hungry. This top starting DM wasn't a priority for 56/57 games we played, were we all here shouting for this player? It was preferable that we had a strong physical option who was also good. Stewing over the CL final has created a bigger issue. Someone like Matuidi would have been a lot better than what we had for the role, for all the dogshit parts of his game there is a reason we went for that kind of player to go with the type of players we already had, failed, and then tried to rectify it later with Rincon.

I think far more likely considering that right now we have 7 CMs on our books is that we sign either Matuidi for a fair sized fee, or we take a chance on someone less known in the hope they turn into another Vidal kind of signing. I don't watch enough European football to say who, but everyone slightly rated around 22-24 seems to be worth €35m as a starting point. I think we'll spend more of that money on a central defender and a right back.
Actually for about 30 of those 57 games midfield was clearly our biggest problem, we tried pretty much everything until Max decided on the crazy 4231 idea. And even then with that formation in the 2nd half of season, Khedira probably was the first player most would upgrade on

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Actually for about 30 of those 57 games midfield was clearly our biggest problem, we tried pretty much everything until Max decided on the crazy 4231 idea. And even then with that formation in the 2nd half of season, Khedira probably was the first player most would upgrade on
That's true, but Khedira is not a bad player. Not my favourite player at all, but it's not so easy to upgrade on him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That was created to play to strengths as much as cover weaknesses, we had loads of midfielders on our books. Marchisio's injury was the main weakness. Two things - we're still going to be using 4-2-3-1, and Marchisio is now fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)