Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's times like this I wish we were owned by someone who would actually spend some money on our weakest link. A sheikh or oligarch would just go out and pay 60 million for a quality midfield acquisition, instead of a stop gap solution.

2 CL Finals in 3 years, the glaring weakness in our team is the CM position, and the best we can do is fucking Matuidi. Absolutely disgusting.
It's not really hard to get used to the fact we're not City or Chelski.

I don't think the club even sees it as a priority to get a world class CM. They tried for Matuidi last year and thought he complimented our team. We missed a physical player of considerable stature and experience, regardless of who it was. Sturaro and Rincon are lesser quality players in this kind of mould but they are players we signed.

What happened in the 2nd half of the CL final shouldn't be allowed to dictate transfer policy. It's like food shopping when you are hungry. This top starting DM wasn't a priority for 56/57 games we played, were we all here shouting for this player? It was preferable that we had a strong physical option who was also good. Stewing over the CL final has created a bigger issue. Someone like Matuidi would have been a lot better than what we had for the role, for all the dogshit parts of his game there is a reason we went for that kind of player to go with the type of players we already had, failed, and then tried to rectify it later with Rincon.

I think far more likely considering that right now we have 7 CMs on our books is that we sign either Matuidi for a fair sized fee, or we take a chance on someone less known in the hope they turn into another Vidal kind of signing. I don't watch enough European football to say who, but everyone slightly rated around 22-24 seems to be worth €35m as a starting point. I think we'll spend more of that money on a central defender and a right back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol2: that anyone thinks this guy is an upgrade on Khedira. Half the player Sami is.

Of course he's a better rotation option than Rincon, Stu, Lemina, and it might be a good move if we already had a top CM like Vidal to partner Pjanic, but we don't and this guy is not a starter in the slightest. Pjanic + top CM, with Khedira and Matuidi as rotation or a third CM if we want to use a 3 man mid is fine. But as a starter this move would be lame.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
:lol2: that anyone thinks this guy is an upgrade on Khedira. Half the player Sami is.

Of course he's a better rotation option than Rincon, Stu, Lemina, and it might be a good move if we already had a top CM like Vidal to partner Pjanic, but we don't and this guy is not a starter in the slightest. Pjanic + top CM, with Khedira and Matuidi as rotation or a third CM if we want to use a 3 man mid is fine. But as a starter this move would be lame.
Top CM :mut:

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,048
    [video=twitter;889969901569441792]https://twitter.com/MaxNerozzi/status/889969901569441792[/video]

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Better than 30+ for Can, but i guess his wages are gonna be quite hefty :boh:

Anyway, Matuidi - Pjanic, Claudio - Khedira is solid.

But we HAVE to sell the Rurus, Rincons and Leminas...
    I reckon Rincon and Lemina have a good chance of being sold this window. Ruru will stay because he's Italian and Allegri likes him for some strange reason.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
    I reckon Rincon and Lemina have a good chance of being sold this window. Ruru will stay because he's Italian and Allegri likes him for some strange reason.
    I agree that Sturaro will probably stay, although I think that's the wrong decision. We can get more money for him than for Rincon, who is probably at least as good.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
    I'm not too brushed up on the laws, but the only other reason I can think of is keeping him because of his nationality in terms of UEFA squad lists.
    We don't need him for squad lists. The minimum is 8 association trained players and we have Bernardeschi, Marchisio, Chiellini, Barzagli, De Sciglio, Rugani, Buffon + one primavera player in the squad (3rd GK?).

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
    Mar 28, 2006
    If we had not sold Bonucci, I would actually be ok with such a type of DM. A strong one that tackles and adds physicality to the midfield. However, because we sold Bonucci, I think we need something more. Someone that apart from physicality can drop deep and connect our defence and our midfield.

This is one of the last pieces of the puzzle. But a very important one for the overall flow of the team. Last year we had an awesome pair of strikers and no natural and consistent winger to feed them. It will be a pity if this year, that we bought good wingers, we don't really have someone to connect the team and move the ball forward.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)