Biggest waste of a talent in football (7 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I consider Ronaldinho to have wasted a big chunk of his unmatched natural talent because of poor motivation and the Brazilian abroad syndrome.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
Pato is still only 24. Yes he gets injured a lot but to be honest, I have always rated him pretty high. You never know he might get another chance to shine in Europe later on down the road. I wouldn't consider him to be another Adriano just yet.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I don't think it's fair to label Diesler as a failure as in the bracket of the Adrianos and Cassanos, guy had a lot of physical and mental problems.
That's the whole point. He had talent, but wasted it was wasted and we never witnesed it in full because of his mental problems.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
That's the whole point. He had talent, but wasted it was wasted and we never witnesed it in full because of his mental problems.
I just think saying he wasted his talent is unfair, how can someone with pretty serious mental issues be at fault for not fulfilling his potential?

I would prefer to think that he was robbed of that opportunity by utter misfortune.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
What serious mental inlness? he got depression, and couldn't handle pressure, what does that have to do with serious issues? The guy was just mentaly weak. Depression is not luck based, you're ether pussy down or move on.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I consider Ronaldinho to have wasted a big chunk of his unmatched natural talent because of poor motivation and the Brazilian abroad syndrome.
I wouldn't call someone who at a point in the history of football was literally became godlike in his dribbling has wasted his career; pure dribbling skill alone, he was the best ever, better than zidane, messi and both ronaldos combined dare I say.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
but lasted only 5 years at the top level. It's just not long enough.
Ronaldihnio at one point was the best footballer on earth, how is that wasted talent? And it's not like he was good just one season, until his thirties he was awesome.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
that's what I'm saying the rest of his career is wasted. He could have been the greatest ever instead of greatest at one point.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
What serious mental inlness? he got depression, and couldn't handle pressure, what does that have to do with serious issues? The guy was just mentaly weak. Depression is not luck based, you're ether pussy down or move on.
Isn't that plain bad luck in itself?

Besides if you don't think either depression isn't serious nor is being kept in hospital for treatment, then we needn't be having this discussion.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Isn't that plain bad luck in itself?

Besides if you don't think either depression isn't serious nor is being kept in hospital for treatment, then we needn't be having this discussion.
Being mentaly weak is bad luck? Lol, so being mentaly strong is good luck? So what is the point of the discussion at all if it's all down to luck?

As for depression, is one of the major first world country medical hoaxes of our age.

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #137
    Adriano is far more talented than Pato.
    It's not even remotely close.

Adriano would have followed in Ronaldo's footsteps had he fulfilled his talent.

- - - Updated - - -

That's quite ridiculous. Every one can get depressed under certain circumstances.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I see you are an expert on mental illness. Maybe you could give a pep talk to the Enke family.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    adriano, now that was a waste, he could've been a beast without his drunkard hobby.
    It wasnt a 'hobby'.He went into depression after his father died.

- - - Updated - - -

Pato was never all that, only people who buy into Meelan PR machine think he had true talent.

"Ka-Pa-Ro" :howler: puhleez
    Pato was a legit talent especially in those days where he was playing RW.

But for some reason he decided to bulk up and wanted to play CF and that dint help him plus the obvious injury-proneness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)